Trading Strategies Onenote Document

I've added a new section called "Trading Notes" for important concepts that apply to trading strategies but don't actually compose one particular strategy. For example, pivots, support/resistance levels, multiple time frames, the most important aspects of trade setups, etc. Good stuff!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Today I added some strategies taken from Jared Wesley's book Professional Trading Strategies and his youtube channel Live Traders.

I've organized the trading strategies by trader. I've added links to the youtube channels of each trader whose strategies are featured and the name of the video that the strategy is taken from is written at the top of each strategy page, so you can go to the youtube channel and find the video if for some reason you wanted more information about the strategy.

Today I added the strategies from Andrew Aziz's Advanced Strategies in Day Trading. If anyone doesn't know, he has a great youtube channel called Bear Bull Traders. They have playlists with member trade reviews in which various strategies are explained in detail, which I am also adding to the document. So far I have strategies from members William and Thor, although I'll be adding many others as well. Couldn't recommend that channel more, especially the trade reviews.

@Vince Field have you come across any information as to how to draw proper supply and demand zones by hand? I googled prior but information seems too convoluted
Do you mean support and resistance levels? If so, trying searching for those terms rather than supply and demand. There is a plethora of instructional content on finding support and resistance levels on the internet.

I'm creating a database of day trading strategies taken from trade reviews by successful traders. I plan on updating it daily with new strategies or examples of already covered strategies. You can access it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag3p10maeR_bjEr8zI1BRLgu1rUX?e=wf5foX

If anyone knows of any good traders who teach strategies or do trade reviews, feel free to share and I'll add them to the document.
There is a guy i met on stocktwits that is restarting his YouTube channel..... he used to have 8000 followers but he shut it down. He loves to teach and he's helped me tremendously. His name is Daniel thomas and his stocktwits name is tradebothwayz

I took a couple weeks off paper trading to do some intensive studying. I felt it was necessary. If you take a look at my Onenote strategy notebook you'll see that I've been busy. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag3p10maeR_bjEr8zI1BRLgu1rUX?e=V44aZe

I came back to paper trading today and felt more confident and had a better idea of what to look for in terms of entry signals and scenarios. I decided it would be more practical to do my journaling in Onenote, so I'll be sharing just a few main notes about my daily trades here in the forum with the link to the Onenote document if anyone is interested to see the trades.

Dec 14
2 wins, 2 losses, 1 breakeven

Improvement Notes:
Get sufficient confirmation for reversal plays
Give price sufficient pullback room – up to 50% of big initial move

See trades here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag3p10maeR_bjFglZBBCOA3FZiPx?e=cP72wt

Please share the strategies or patterns that you trade for different market times.

What strategies/patterns do you trade at the open?
In the early morning?
Lunch time?
At the end of the day?

What is it about the market activity/behavior at those times that led you to choose those strategies/patterns?

I am a Buy The Dipper. For the days, when the market has been down, I look to overnight trading. RSI, MktFcst, IFT, TMO, ADX, Zscore, SMI all have to be positive and trending for entry and I do love Welkin's Volume.

NIO showed a BTD signal on the daily chart yesterday. It went up 3% overnight.

kOCsAct.png

I exit when the market opens.

I trade the fibonacci and standard deviations channels, the way i see it is, when both standard deviation channels(rational moves) ad the fibonacci(irational moves) align than i have a good probabilty of winning. the open sometimes seems like a flip of coin unless premarket my levels are being supported or resisted, after 20 mins of market open i then wait for a reversal, i dont trade between 11:30 and 1:45 because i trade options, and the market will take my money even if the overall move goes in my direction but the move is slow. so i will trade again at 1:45, this gives me time to recompose and see where the market is going, because the market does seem to be fractal to me. how about you?

I’ve developed a day trading system for TQQQ which yields what I believe are good and consistent results. The problem with trading the stock is that it’s around $150 a share and my capital is low. I don’t know a lot about options but I understand that they can yield good profit with less capital investment (I’m aware that the risk is greater too). Take a look at the stats from a sample of ten trading days, and assuming these results are consistent and considering the win/loss ratio of the system and the profit per winning trade compared to the loss of the losing trades, how would you trade this if you had low capital but wanted the biggest possible return without an extraordinary risk? Some type of options trading? Please be as specific as possible so I have a good basis to start my research into the recommendations. Thanks!

Average loss per trade - $0.50 ($0.25 - $0.75)

11/5
9 wins
7 losses

Winners

11/6
8 wins
6 losses

Winners

11/9
6 wins
8 losses

Winners

11/10
9 wins
4 losses

Winners

11/11
9 wins
5 losses

Winners

11/12
10 wins
9 losses

Winners

11/13
7 wins
3 losses

Winners

11/16
5 wins
4 losses

Winners

11/17
6 wins
8 losses

Winners

11/18
5 wins
5 losses

Winners

Last edited:
you don't provide the actual technical analysis system you used to make the trades so we can't comment on your "system". Most systems exit before realizing an actual loss, and it looks like you stayed in the losing trade and just watched your money dwindle instead of closing the position. I'm a novice and even I know this isn't the way to turn $50.00 into $100

you don't provide the actual technical analysis system you used to make the trades so we can't comment on your "system". Most systems exit before realizing an actual loss, and it looks like you stayed in the losing trade and just watched your money dwindle instead of closing the position. I'm a novice and even I know this isn't the way to turn $50.00 into $100
The technical analysis details are irrelevant. The entries and exits are the same regardless of which indicators are used. I don't need comments on the system, I'm looking for advice on how to trade any system that yields the results that I detailed.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but every system has losses. The key to being profitable is keeping the losses small. Some of the most profitable traders lose up to 50% of their trades. It's money management that makes any system profitable.

you're just gambling...i turned $30.00 into $700 last summer just buying Calls and Puts on USO (oil fund)...but I had my finger on the pulse of the oil market...day traders study one or two assets obsessively, so they know what the underlying will do...that's my advice on how to utilize your "system" find an asset you like...study it like it's a woman at a bar and you're in love. Then you can dabble in options. To reduce risk you can do debit spreads, your risk is defined and limited, but so is your return/reward. I have a "system" for my credit spread trading. If the underlying asset breaches and i exit, then the system is working....if you don't have that...then you don't have a "system", you're just gambling