Trading Strategies Onenote Document

Vince Field

Vince Field

No, not at all like that. Did you bother to open the link to see what it was that I shared? Like I said, It's a collection of day trading strategies. Mainly rules, patterns, price action scenarios and entry points in which high probability trades should be taken. What you've shared is a very small collection of thinkscripts. There is actually a much larger collection of thinkscripts here on the forum.

Vince Field

Vince Field

I added some awesome strategies tonight from Oliver Velez. It was my first time checking out his youtube channel and he seems to be a good teacher. Plus his strategies are simple and appear to be effective. Check out the 20 MA Uptrend/Downtrend, Engulfing Bull/Bear 180 Candle, Small Candle Engulfing and the Bullish/Bearish Power Candle strategies.

Last edited:
A

asragov

2019 Donor
VIP
Would love to take a look - however, it returns an error "Server Not Found" - is it possible to port to OneDrive, Box, Google Sheets, etc.?

scott69

scott69

Having a inventory of strategies is a great achievement, and it is helpful for anyone that has a strategy in mind and just needs to put that strategy into a code. My advice for anyone that is early in the game, though, is to first decide on what type of trader you are going to be based on your experience, abilities and time to devote. Are you going to be a day trader glued to the screen all day, a swing trader looking for short to intermediate entries, are you looking to feed a long term / retirement account for years? Compiling a database of indicators is helpful, but this site, @BenTen "usethinkscript" is also a wonderful compendium of various strategies, abilities, talents, coders, traders and investors. It doesn't hurt for the user of these sites to tinker with dozens of strategies, but that can be time consuming if you evaluate each idea thoroughly as you should. It is better to have an idea of which direction you going first. Thanks @Vince Field for your work. (you touched a soft spot in my heart as I used to be - still am? - the ultimate collector :) )

Vince Field

Vince Field

Having a inventory of strategies is a great achievement, and it is helpful for anyone that has a strategy in mind and just needs to put that strategy into a code. My advice for anyone that is early in the game, though, is to first decide on what type of trader you are going to be based on your experience, abilities and time to devote. Are you going to be a day trader glued to the screen all day, a swing trader looking for short to intermediate entries, are you looking to feed a long term / retirement account for years? Compiling a database of indicators is helpful, but this site, @BenTen "usethinkscript" is also a wonderful compendium of various strategies, abilities, talents, coders, traders and investors. It doesn't hurt for the user of these sites to tinker with dozens of strategies, but that can be time consuming if you evaluate each idea thoroughly as you should. It is better to have an idea of which direction you going first. Thanks @Vince Field for your work. (you touched a soft spot in my heart as I used to be - still am? - the ultimate collector :) )
No problem my man. I figure a reference guide is a good way to solidify my strategies, and the research I'm doing is opening my eyes not just to new strategies, but to new and different ways of executing my current strategies. As a new trader I can't contribute much to the forum but at least this can be helpful to others. Don't wanna be a complete leech lol.

Tonight I added an ORB strategy from the youtube channel Live Traders which is simple and looks pretty effective. It's called 3 & 4 Bar ORB (long and short).

bizzet

bizzet

No, not at all like that. Did you bother to open the link to see what it was that I shared? Like I said, It's a collection of day trading strategies. Mainly rules, patterns, price action scenarios and entry points in which high probability trades should be taken. What you've shared is a very small collection of thinkscripts. There is actually a much larger collection of thinkscripts here on the forum.
Sorry, I meant this one
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2FF733D1BA1E1E79!404&page=View&wd=target(Welcome.one|a4f3f17e-e630-4d25-9b5b-ec957945a752/1. Introduction Usage (updated 02.13.|30461c4b-420e-4b83-b56f-55faf5d1461b/)

I read the notebook but it just looks like strategies in plain English that I have seen before already in thinkscript?

Sorry to be negative. Just my 2 cents

Vince Field

Vince Field

Sorry, I meant this one
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2FF733D1BA1E1E79!404&page=View&wd=target(Welcome.one|a4f3f17e-e630-4d25-9b5b-ec957945a752/1. Introduction Usage (updated 02.13.|30461c4b-420e-4b83-b56f-55faf5d1461b/)

I read the notebook but it just looks like strategies in plain English that I have seen before already in thinkscript?

Sorry to be negative. Just my 2 cents
Right, that is the large collection of thinkscripts I mentioned in my previous reply to you, which I already had access to. It is quite different from my trading strategies document. My strategies document provides specific rules for the strategies and real trade examples that you won't find in the thinkscript cloud strategies document and which can be read, visualized and understood easily. The vast majority of the very limited number of strategies in the thinkscript cloud (I already have more strategies in my document after just 3 days) simply contain code which most traders wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of.

My strategies document will be a comprehensive and vast collection of strategies that any trader can understand and put into use. That cannot be said for the document you have compared it to.

Also, looking through the thinkscript cloud strategies to verify your claim that my strategies are already there, I didn't find one case of an overlap. I don't know if you're intentionally being dishonest or what your deal is, but perhaps you should rethink your approach.

Last edited:
A

asragov

2019 Donor
VIP
This is the same document that bizzet posted in his last reply.

I think we should read the comments and take a look at the links being shared before posting! ;)
The link / http addresses are different - I have been having trouble loading some of the links but not others. Apologies if it ends up being duplication for some, but some of the links work better for me than others and they seem like especially useful repositories.

Vince Field

Vince Field

The link / http addresses are different - I have been having trouble loading some of the links but not others. Apologies if it ends up being duplication for some, but some of the links work better for me than others and they seem like especially useful repositories.
Yeah the size of that link was kinda ridiculous lol

Vince Field

Vince Field

I've added a new section called "Trading Notes" for important concepts that apply to trading strategies but don't actually compose one particular strategy. For example, pivots, support/resistance levels, multiple time frames, the most important aspects of trade setups, etc. Good stuff!

Vince Field

Vince Field

Today I added some strategies taken from Jared Wesley's book Professional Trading Strategies and his youtube channel Live Traders.

Vince Field

Vince Field

I've organized the trading strategies by trader. I've added links to the youtube channels of each trader whose strategies are featured and the name of the video that the strategy is taken from is written at the top of each strategy page, so you can go to the youtube channel and find the video if for some reason you wanted more information about the strategy.