Trading Strategies Onenote Document

Here's a test from Imgur

rjVekWY.png

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

November 9, 2020
4 winners, 9 losers

Today's notes:
Take profit
Don't enter with strong overhead resistance
Wait for pullback to enter

zZ6oNJU.png

XRssLXe.png

6GQDJ6y.png

OHOoG8F.png

lgEVXIG.png

wkU8snE.png

MPkKi6c.png

m8PYPCS.png

November 10, 2020
4 winners, 2 losers

I've realized there are two scenarios that would benefit me if I were to use a scale-in approach rather than entering with a full position:

1. Breakout pullbacks - I don't know how far the pullback will go. Sometimes it makes it to the 9 EMA and bounces, but sometimes it just pulls back slightly and continues to rip without coming close to the EMA. The idea is to buy in partially on an initial pullback and then add to full position with confirmation- either it doesn't pullback much further and I add on the fast second breakout, or it continues to pull back to an EMA and I add on the bounce.

2. When price action shows a tendency to break slighly below the EMAs but come back to continue the trend. In this case I'll buy in partially with a bigger stop loss and add in for a pull position with confirmation.

Feedback on these two ideas would be appreciated!

Today's notes:
With pullback entries, enter partial position, increase position with confirmation
Don't ORB on daily gap down
Be careful with chop.
If tendency to dip below EMAs, enter w/small position, give more wiggle room, add to position with confirmation.
Take profit

nrNRgpU.png

sBJOnuv.png

JmjddiV.png

gUOkcLO.png

iN21kQT.png

FU09frq.png

qVd6vsJ.png

I think for me I like the 30 min chart with fibs so whether the ticker is in an uptrend or downtrend the fib retracement generally holds true with the 30 min chart it may take half a day to retrace and to end of the day to top or bottom its daily fib range. The 30 min is a tight range with a good view to go long or short my 2 cents anyway. I try not to swing trade rather catch the high/low and wait for a retrace. Liquid high-quality stocks, not the high fliers for me and I do not change my time frame. Below is an example of how important the fibs with regard to highs/low/ with fib retracements during a trading day. I set my swing highs/lows back a couple of days preferably 5 but I like a clean chart and just play the open to close, watch your lines. In this instance, today ba retraced 50% so 23.6% -38.2-50% usually I think. Stocks have a daily trading range up/down and it can differ depending on the market. The market is cyclic. So, I only play but a handful of high-quality stocks every day. hope some of this helps every trader has their own thing.

Keep up the great work.

6RAmO1T.png

Last edited:
November 11, 2020
3 winners, 5 losers

It seems I gave in to FOMO on a couple trades today.

I have a question about moving average crossovers if anyone would be so kind as to help me. It's regarding my first trade with CGC. The 200 MA was rising up to meet the 9/20/50 MAs and I took that as a bullish sign that could potentially result in an upward trend continuation due to the strong upward-moving 200 MA support. Please take a look at the behavior of the MAs on the various time frames and let me know how you would interpret them.

Today's notes:
Don't enter overextended. Wait for pullback.
Be careful entering after large bullish candle.
Be careful with overhead resistance.
Be careful with chop.
Set stop loss below lower trend line rather than MAs.
Don't chase.
Enter partial before confirmation of trend continuation.
Put stop loss below consolidation range low.

eNgNvEI.png

VTqhQSK.png

2fxcUNu.png

p1m9YZc.png

V6cdxc8.png

2R8VKrY.png

ofXmqe5.png

In order to provide feedback, It would help if you posted more recent transactions. It is difficult to review when going several days back on 1min & 2min charts and even more difficult to remember the prevailing market conditions several days back

In order to provide feedback, It would help if you posted more recent transactions. It is difficult to review when going several days back on 1min & 2min charts and even more difficult to remember the prevailing market conditions several days back
be28iJz.png

You're looking at this indicator as to if it makes money. There an ad on youtube that I see sometimes "if it was that easy everybody would be rich". You don't want to rely on indicators too much. I'm rarely on here so.

You're looking at this indicator as to if it makes money. There an ad on youtube that I see sometimes "if it was that easy everybody would be rich". You don't want to rely on indicators too much. I'm rarely on here so.
A good combination of indicators, along with a good grasp of price and volume action, can go a long ways in making informed trade decisions... Just indicators won't do it, nor will just price and volume action... Roll some momentum into the mix and . . . .

This is not how I look at indicators. As rad stated, a healthy combination of price action, volume and some key indicators, plus key levels are used as a totality to inform my decisions. Well, that's the idea anyway. It's a work in progress.

November 13, 2020
1 winner, 4 losers

Today's notes:
Don't enter overextended
Enter full position when entering after pullback
Stick to stop loss
Don't average down

wOhzIuP.png

aIi56BO.png

kKohptJ.png

mIN7wBu.png

35ZgSlT.png

I've decided that I need to step up my analysis game. In addition to reviewing all of my trades, I'm going to analyze every trade opportunity for the stocks I traded for the entire day. I think this will help me learn and identify high probability patterns. I'll be posting this extra analysis here in my journal.

was just going over my trades.
My suggestions are:
1.Only trade the first 1hour or first 30 minutes from the opening bell.
2.Improve stop loss?"A tight stop loss would have stopped you out."
I get your opinion but most professional trader I have seen their out of their trade-in. Their stop loss is a 1min candle or less.

was just going over my trades.
My suggestions are:
1.Only trade the first 1hour or first 30 minutes from the opening bell.
2.Improve stop loss?"A tight stop loss would have stopped you out."
I get your opinion but most professional trader I have seen their out of their trade-in. Their stop loss is a 1min candle or less.
Most pro traders I've learned from usually use key levels to determine their stop loss. For example, the low of a consolidation range, nearby moving averages that are holding trend, vwap, trend swings, etc. Perhaps there are some scenarios when a 1 min candle low would be an appropriate stop loss. Probably a bad idea to only use that standard for every trade.

November 17, 2020
4 winner, 3 losers

I entered two trades about an hour before market close on two stocks that had a long steady uptrend. Almost as soon as I entered the trades the uptrend lost momentum and the trades went against me. This can be seen in the last two charts below. Is it common for uptrends to lose steam like this towards the end of the day?

Today's notes:
Set stop loss
Improve scale in strategy.
Don't enter with strong downward MA Resistance on multiple time frames
Be careful trend chasing at end of day?

sNeaAlR.png

bGdh929.png

4oG9q5h.png

bdTgB4i.png

QiDATEV.png

CgxhKvA.png

3v97T43.png

"Most pro traders I've learned from usually use key levels to determine their stop loss. For example, the low of a consolidation range, nearby moving averages that are holding trend, vwap, trend swings, etc. Perhaps there are some scenarios when a 1 min candle low would be an appropriate stop loss. Probably a bad idea to only use that standard for every trade."This just my opinion but I can be wrong or right. I get what your saying but professional traders know where it moves and if doesn't go their way they get out quickly. In the end, they could always get back in and save money. I get what you saying you would think that a bigger stop loss would probably give you maybe a better probability without stoping out. Me personally I don't think so the probability is probably around the same.