Trading Strategies Onenote Document

@Vince Field - I think every trader goes through their own educational/trading journey and then decides what is right for them. But my only thought is you trade such a wide range of stocks, perhaps consider narrowing your interest to a handful in a similar industry that have wider ranges.

"Most pro traders I've learned from usually use key levels to determine their stop loss. For example, the low of a consolidation range, nearby moving averages that are holding trend, vwap, trend swings, etc. Perhaps there are some scenarios when a 1 min candle low would be an appropriate stop loss. Probably a bad idea to only use that standard for every trade."This just my opinion but I can be wrong or right. I get what your saying but professional traders know where it moves and if doesn't go their way they get out quickly. In the end, they could always get back in and save money. I get what you saying you would think that a bigger stop loss would probably give you maybe a better probability without stoping out. Me personally I don't think so the probability is probably around the same.
Can you give me some of the names of these professional traders you are referring to so I can do some research into their methods?

@Vince Field - I think every trader goes through their own educational/trading journey and then decides what is right for them. But my only thought is you trade such a wide range of stocks, perhaps consider narrowing your interest to a handful in a similar industry that have wider ranges.
I trade stocks that are "in play." This means stocks that gap up and have a news catalyst and thus heavy volume and high relative volume. I essentially trade the same stocks as most other momentum day traders. These stocks have the highest probability of making big moves and I see some of these traders having great success with the same stocks I am trading.

November 19, 2020
1 winner, 6 losers

Today I seemed to arrive late to the party in almost every trade.

Today's notes:
Be careful entering when slow stochastic is overbought?
Failed 2nd breakout from flat top rising wedge (bearish indication?)
5 EMA pullbacks before entrance (exhausted?)

NChz4Q8.png

4alv7WC.png

1L7Z7cQ.png

QfMo1dg.png

LjAXgFy.png

sl1U4Yd.png

Z4GM5Dh.png

Looking good my only suggestions are to watch a chart larger picture less confusing than with all charts on one page and less cluttered IMO. Most important watch your daily/weekly fibs on the same chart. Here is a great script was written on-site. thinkorswim Sharing (tos.mx)

disregard my indicators but see how the whole picture opens up. Fibs daily on lesser time frames. You will find that stocks move between fib lines say 1-0 or 0-1 unless price breaks above or below. thinkorswim Sharing (tos.mx) fibs are it. 5-15 min charts can open your horizi=on maybe.
good job

No, not at all like that. Did you bother to open the link to see what it was that I shared? Like I said, It's a collection of day trading strategies. Mainly rules, patterns, price action scenarios and entry points in which high probability trades should be taken. What you've shared is a very small collection of thinkscripts. There is actually a much larger collection of thinkscripts here on the forum.

I added some awesome strategies tonight from Oliver Velez. It was my first time checking out his youtube channel and he seems to be a good teacher. Plus his strategies are simple and appear to be effective. Check out the 20 MA Uptrend/Downtrend, Engulfing Bull/Bear 180 Candle, Small Candle Engulfing and the Bullish/Bearish Power Candle strategies.

Last edited:
Would love to take a look - however, it returns an error "Server Not Found" - is it possible to port to OneDrive, Box, Google Sheets, etc.?

Having an inventory of strategies is a great achievement, and it is helpful for anyone that has a strategy in mind and just needs to put that strategy into a code. My advice for anyone that is early in the game, though, is to first decide on what type of trader you are going to be based on your experience, abilities and time to devote. Are you going to be a day trader glued to the screen all day, a swing trader looking for short to intermediate entries, are you looking to feed a long term / retirement account for years? Compiling a database of indicators is helpful, but this site, @BenTen "usethinkscript" is also a wonderful compendium of various strategies, abilities, talents, coders, traders and investors. It doesn't hurt for the user of these sites to tinker with dozens of strategies, but that can be time consuming if you evaluate each idea thoroughly as you should. It is better to have an idea of which direction you going first. Thanks @Vince Field for your work. (you touched a soft spot in my heart as I used to be - still am? - the ultimate collector :) )

Last edited:
Having a inventory of strategies is a great achievement, and it is helpful for anyone that has a strategy in mind and just needs to put that strategy into a code. My advice for anyone that is early in the game, though, is to first decide on what type of trader you are going to be based on your experience, abilities and time to devote. Are you going to be a day trader glued to the screen all day, a swing trader looking for short to intermediate entries, are you looking to feed a long term / retirement account for years? Compiling a database of indicators is helpful, but this site, @BenTen "usethinkscript" is also a wonderful compendium of various strategies, abilities, talents, coders, traders and investors. It doesn't hurt for the user of these sites to tinker with dozens of strategies, but that can be time consuming if you evaluate each idea thoroughly as you should. It is better to have an idea of which direction you going first. Thanks @Vince Field for your work. (you touched a soft spot in my heart as I used to be - still am? - the ultimate collector :) )
No problem my man. I figure a reference guide is a good way to solidify my strategies, and the research I'm doing is opening my eyes not just to new strategies, but to new and different ways of executing my current strategies. As a new trader I can't contribute much to the forum but at least this can be helpful to others. Don't wanna be a complete leech lol.

Tonight I added an ORB strategy from the youtube channel Live Traders which is simple and looks pretty effective. It's called 3 & 4 Bar ORB (long and short).

No, not at all like that. Did you bother to open the link to see what it was that I shared? Like I said, It's a collection of day trading strategies. Mainly rules, patterns, price action scenarios and entry points in which high probability trades should be taken. What you've shared is a very small collection of thinkscripts. There is actually a much larger collection of thinkscripts here on the forum.
Sorry, I meant this one
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2FF733D1BA1E1E79!404&page=View&wd=target(Welcome.one|a4f3f17e-e630-4d25-9b5b-ec957945a752/1. Introduction Usage (updated 02.13.|30461c4b-420e-4b83-b56f-55faf5d1461b/)

I read the notebook but it just looks like strategies in plain English that I have seen before already in thinkscript?

Sorry to be negative. Just my 2 cents

Sorry, I meant this one
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2FF733D1BA1E1E79!404&page=View&wd=target(Welcome.one|a4f3f17e-e630-4d25-9b5b-ec957945a752/1. Introduction Usage (updated 02.13.|30461c4b-420e-4b83-b56f-55faf5d1461b/)

I read the notebook but it just looks like strategies in plain English that I have seen before already in thinkscript?

Sorry to be negative. Just my 2 cents
Right, that is the large collection of thinkscripts I mentioned in my previous reply to you, which I already had access to. It is quite different from my trading strategies document. My strategies document provides specific rules for the strategies and real trade examples that you won't find in the thinkscript cloud strategies document and which can be read, visualized and understood easily. The vast majority of the very limited number of strategies in the thinkscript cloud (I already have more strategies in my document after just 3 days) simply contain code which most traders wouldn't be able to make heads or tails of.

My strategies document will be a comprehensive and vast collection of strategies that any trader can understand and put into use. That cannot be said for the document you have compared it to.

Also, looking through the thinkscript cloud strategies to verify your claim that my strategies are already there, I didn't find one case of an overlap. I don't know if you're intentionally being dishonest or what your deal is, but perhaps you should rethink your approach.

Last edited:
This is the same document that bizzet posted in his last reply.

I think we should read the comments and take a look at the links being shared before posting! ;)
The link / http addresses are different - I have been having trouble loading some of the links but not others. Apologies if it ends up being duplication for some, but some of the links work better for me than others and they seem like especially useful repositories.

The link / http addresses are different - I have been having trouble loading some of the links but not others. Apologies if it ends up being duplication for some, but some of the links work better for me than others and they seem like especially useful repositories.
Yeah the size of that link was kinda ridiculous lol

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.