Moxie Indicator for ThinkorSwim

@SmellyCat Thank you very much! Not to push my luck too much further, is there a way to scan for stocks that have this indicator above zero (or below) on a time frame?

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Appreciate your response. Just looking for that holy grail of being able to scan for stocks with a positive or negative Salty port/Mooxie level. Thanks.

Appreciate your response. Just looking for that holy grail of being able to scan for stocks with a positive or negative Salty port/Mooxie level. Thanks.
For that you could use a Non-MTF version of the Moxie Indicator for scanning purposes... 💡

Thanks @rad14733. Last question: do you know how I could create a column in the scan that would indicate what the Salty port/Mooxie level is at the time of the scan? Thanks.

@rad14733 yes I would love to have a column in my scan results (and thus in a watchlist) that would show either the value of the Salty Moxie or at least something that indicates it is positive or negative. Being able to search for positive or negative Salty Moxie would be a bonus.

@rad14733 yes I would love to have a column in my scan results (and thus in a watchlist) that would show either the value of the Salty Moxie or at least something that indicates it is positive or negative. Being able to search for positive or negative Salty Moxie would be a bonus.
I will make a watchlist for us rn. On the flip I think the problem with the scans we have is that the “script “ function isn’t compatible with scans. I saw a video by TG and his scan shows when the movie crosses zero which would be ideal entries.

I will make a watchlist for us rn. On the flip I think the problem with the scans we have is that the “script “ function isn’t compatible with scans. I saw a video by TG and his scan shows when the movie crosses zero which would be ideal entries.
which code of salty moxie are you using?

which code of salty moxie are you using?

Code:
#MOXIE
def AP = GetAggregationPeriod();

def ap1;
if (AP == AggregationPeriod.MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.THREE_MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.FIFTEEN_MIN;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.FIFTEEN_MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.THIRTY_MIN;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.THIRTY_MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.HOUR) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.TWO_HOURS) {
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.FOUR_HOURS) {
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.DAY) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.WEEK;
}
else if (AP == AggregationPeriod.WEEK) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.MONTH;
}
else {
}

script Moxie {
    input priceC = close;
    def vc1 = ExpAverage(priceC , 12) - ExpAverage(priceC , 26);
    def va1 = ExpAverage(vc1, 9);
    plot sData = (vc1 - va1) * 3;
}

def priceM = close(period = ap1);
def s2 = Moxie(priceM);

thats not finished code, its not plotting, before you can make a watchlist or scan you need a working study. however i can tell by looking at he code it wont scan because of the use of aggregation.

Im not familair with the study, however i assume that this study is supposed to plot against the same timeframe that the chart is set to correct?

Last edited:
Here is a watchlist column it will be green if Moxie > 0 and red if otherwise. Lemme know how you think it works.

http://tos.mx/4LxzslI

Additionally, I noticed that TG likes to use the squeeze pro in conjunction. On another thread on this site, there are some great folks who have recreated the squeeze pro and I decided to just combine the ole squeeze pro with the version of the salty moxie I am using.

http://tos.mx/8NxEH0p

the use of referencing multiple aggregations in the Moxie script keeps it from being able to be used as a scan, the "work around" would be to know the timeframe you want to use it on and manually code it for that timeframe thereby removing the referencing aggregations

the use of referencing multiple aggregations in the Moxie script keeps it from being able to be used as a scan, the "work around" would be to know the timeframe you want to use it on and manually code it for that timeframe thereby removing the referencing aggregations
That's what I thought as well, but after changing it the scan still isn't working so I'm a little stumped

Remove the plots and put it to def and only plot the actual scan which is "def s2" as plot scan = s2 , ill send you an example if you can explain what this part of the code does:

Code:
if (AP == AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN) {
    ap1 = AggregationPeriod.FIFTEEN_MIN;

Is that saying if the current period is 5 min then use 15 minute aggregation?

Trading is time consuming and, if you know what you're doing, lucrative. When I see someone who puts all his time into selling indicators, making you tube videos, maintaining mailing lists and a website, doing seminars, and paying for marketing / SEO services, then I pretty much know one thing: dude doesn't trade much and probably can't be consistently profitable as a trader. That has been proven to me many times in the course of my life.

I live on Jupiter Island. Three doors down from me there lives a veteran trader of commodities and derivatives. The man trades every day (as I do). He has no presence online, no website, no you tube videos. He's a pro and the last thing in the world he would do is share his methodology with the general public for any price.
Because sharing something wont reduce his piece of profit. This is only area where we can share our ideas/techniques where we can still make money and others too. Its just sharing a big(huge) pie with others...

Last edited:
@Sneaky_Swings Thank you so much! This (post #88) is great! and also saves some screen space for me.
@ VeoNoX, I am not a programmer so not sure what you mean in your post #92 changing plots to def, etc. to create a scan. Any clarification would be great. Thank you in advance.

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator