Repaints Harmonic Patterns Indicator for ThinkorSwim (ZigZag, Bat, Butterfly, ABCD)

Repaints

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Thanks. I need to see where are those points A, B, C, D and X, in addition to labels of patterns.

Last edited:
not that I am an Elliot expert, but according to most stuff I read your waiting until the 4th and 5th wave. so called smart traders wait until the 5th. without all the cycles built in, the concept of trading Elliott waves is extremely difficult. Even the TOS scripts which promote themselves as "Elliott" only have one cycle. Seems counter productive not to include mono cycles. I've added a few more "Elliott" type stuff and other patterns I mess with as I wanted to share with all the scripters which helped me, but I would have a health skepticism with it as it requires a better script. https://tos.mx/056xjyp

side note: if you really want wave 3, ill add it.
Can you share wave 3 too, if possible. Thank you as always you are great in coding the script.

Can you share wave 3 too, if possible. Thank you as always you are great in coding the script.

just add this:

Code:
script isEW3 {
    input _mode = 0;
    input abc = 0;
    input d = 0;
    input c = 0;
    def _abc = abc >= .318 and abc  <= .618 ; # These are the generally accepted levels,but you can expand these values to some other fib ratios as long as they aren't negative or over 1.
    plot ret = _abc and (if _mode == 1 then d < c else d > c);
}

def u_EW31 = showPatterns and isEW3(-1, abc, bcd, d, c) and isEW3(-1, abc, bcd, d, c)[1] == 0;
AddChartBubble(u_EW31[-2] , high, "Bear EW3", Color.RED, yes);

def u_EW32 = showPatterns and isEW3(1, abc, bcd, d, c) and isEW3(1, abc, bcd, d, c)[1] == 0;
AddChartBubble(u_abcd2[-2] , low, "Bull W3"  , Color.GREEN, no);

cheers.

just add this:

Code:
script isEW3 {
    input _mode = 0;
    input abc = 0;
    input d = 0;
    input c = 0;
    def _abc = abc >= .318 and abc  <= .618 ; # These are the generally accepted levels,but you can expand these values to some other fib ratios as long as they aren't negative or over 1.
}

def u_EW31 = showPatterns and isEW3(-1, abc, bcd, d, c) and isEW3(-1, abc, bcd, d, c)[1] == 0;

def u_EW32 = showPatterns and isEW3(1, abc, bcd, d, c) and isEW3(1, abc, bcd, d, c)[1] == 0;

cheers.
While adding it is showing me invalid parameter, if possible can you share overall EW including wave 3 please. Thank you again

While adding it is showing me invalid parameter, if possible can you share overall EW including wave 3 please. Thank you again
Sorry. I made a mistake with it. The pattern ABCD is can also be wave 3 as long as the third wave is longer than the first.

Sorry. I made a mistake with it. The pattern ABCD is can also be wave 3 as long as the third wave is longer than the first.
Is the bubble overlay is off in your script as could not trace any bubble overlap of either butterfly or Gilmore which the indicator do show up in flags, is there something i am missing to activate the bubble alert which shows the butterfly harmonic indicator

This is a frustrating indicator, the part that is useful is the part that lags. The arrow shows up depending on whether the candle is above or below the line. The problem is the line doesn't appear until after the move is made, which seems to make no sense because that line should be projected after the first candle is made. It waits until like 3 candles after to paint. The only way this is useful is if it's added in with a pattern strategy but it's not needed at that point because it's just preventing you from getting in the trade earlier.

just add this:

Code:
script isEW3 {
    input _mode = 0;
    input abc = 0;
    input d = 0;
    input c = 0;
}
I added your addition above to  https://tos.mx/056xjyp

cheers.
I added the Script above to https://tos.mx/056xjyp and nothing showed up on the chart. Perhaps I added your addition to the wrong script?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good evening, Its possible to have only Elliot Wave in this script. I was trying but I cant figure out. Thank you

I gotta say, after reading 6 pages, I am REALLY impressed with the degree of open support shown here. So let me try....
I copied the script from #1, and pasted it to TOS, and applied it to a daily chart. I got over 25 patterns plotted, but they are all connected, with a single white line, and I can not tell where one starts, and the other stops. Any suggestions?
Many thanks.

I gotta say, after reading 6 pages, I am REALLY impressed with the degree of open support shown here. So let me try....
I copied the script from #1, and pasted it to TOS, and applied it to a daily chart. I got over 25 patterns plotted, but they are all connected, with a single white line, and I can not tell where one starts, and the other stops. Any suggestions?
Many thanks.

You may want to add a screenshot to your comment. Follow the tutorial here https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-insert-image-in-a-post-thread.277/

You may want to add a screenshot to your comment. Follow the tutorial here https://usethinkscript.com/threads/how-to-insert-image-in-a-post-thread.277/

gSclGUp.png

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
372 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back