Harmonic Patterns Indicator for ThinkorSwim (ZigZag, Bat, Butterfly, ABCD)

J

Jackieguo2233

Hi HourseRider thank you for the script. How did you make yours look so clean, do you mind showing your settings for the script? My chart looks very different. And also can you share the volume wave script too? Sorry for asking so much this late, but thank you for the script!!

Last edited:
M

mcdon030

Hi HourseRider thank you for the script. How did you make yours look so clean, do you mind showing your settings for the script? My chart looks very different. And also can you share the volume wave script too? Sorry for asking so much this late, but thank you for the script!!
user inputs for show yes or no. I set them so it only shows Elliot ; however, all harmonics are based on Elliot :)

P

Playstation

VIP
Oh I'm lovin this on intraday ticks!
It would be great to have a scanner version of this, but I think with it's current setup it's not possible.
@tomsk Could we add a paintingstrategy arrows to pop with every chartbubble? Or group every chartbubble into a singular prompt for #Bears or $Bulls?

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
wonderful Ben and I just now stumble across this..... usethinkscript rocks

And there you have the triangle patterns patterns right on

Last edited by a moderator:
J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
I dont beleive they do repaint? Still valid triangles depending on time frames I beleive valid for tick charts too. If I'm not mistaken the coordinates for plotting these re based off fibs?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@jvbaty @J007RMC They do not repaint (I don't think so).

N

Nick_S

@horserider @BenTen Hi guys, Is it possible to have a separate code for just Elliott Wave and ABC Waves for Daily timeframes? I tried to edit the existing code but too many code lines and its giving me errors. Appreciate your help

D

DPM

not that I am an Elliot expert, but according to most stuff I read your waiting until the 4th and 5th wave. so called smart traders wait until the 5th. without all the cycles built in, the concept of trading Elliott waves is extremely difficult. Even the TOS scripts which promote themselves as "Elliott" only have one cycle. Seems counter productive not to include mono cycles. I've added a few more "Elliott" type stuff and other patterns I mess with as I wanted to share with all the scripters which helped me, but I would have a health skepticism with it as it requires a better script. https://tos.mx/056xjyp

side note: if you really want wave 3, ill add it.
Hi, thinks for the script. Question about where the bubbles appear. For instance, when it's charting a bull head and shoulders does the title bubble appear at the end of the pattern or at the breakout point?

U

UncleTerry

Has anyone purchased and tested this code from the FunWithThinkScript site? Basically is it worth the rent payment price tag? I am asking becase I pucrchaed a code for about $150 couple years ago and it was a bit over advertised and the Harmonic Patterns; "Butterfly" specifically is a bit tough to code on my own. Can anyone vouch for this code? And were you able to see it working on your TOS platform? I already checked the available Free Harmonic patterns on this site but I am only intrested in Bullish setups and find it difficult to turn off or reverse engineer all the other setups from the given script.

T

Tek

I also had the same question as there isn't a trial option for TOS. At the same time, I am curious about the "Wolfe Wave for ThinkorSwim" being offered for lot less. Has anyone tired experimenting with the Wolfe Wave indicator being offered at the FunWithThinkScript site?

M

mcdon030

Has anyone purchased and tested this code from the FunWithThinkScript site? Basically is it worth the rent payment price tag? I am asking becase I pucrchaed a code for about $150 couple years ago and it was a bit over advertised and the Harmonic Patterns; "Butterfly" specifically is a bit tough to code on my own. Can anyone vouch for this code? And were you able to see it working on your TOS platform? I already checked the available Free Harmonic patterns on this site but I am only intrested in Bullish setups and find it difficult to turn off or reverse engineer all the other setups from the given script.
Harmonic patterns alone won’t get you anywhere without well defined trade rules - like keys to car without knowing where the key goes. Scott Carney made harmonics marketable”, but don’t ask him about his portfolio:) . Most people believe he just marketed Bryce Gilmore’s (thank him for the butterfly and one2one patterns). All his stuff is free online. It took me an entire year to work through. If you use his guidance and focus on the DOW, yes. DIS responds well to psychological levels for reason :). At some point, I wouldn’t mind working with RP though. Would be interesting to insert those rules :)

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
Harmonic patterns alone won’t get you anywhere without well defined trade rules - like keys to car without knowing where the key goes. Scott Carney made harmonics marketable”, but don’t ask him about his portfolio:) . Most people believe he just marketed Bryce Gilmore’s (thank him for the butterfly and one2one patterns). All his stuff is free online. It took me an entire year to work through. If you use his guidance and focus on the DOW, yes. DIS responds well to psychological levels for reason :). At some point, I wouldn’t mind working with RP though. Would be interesting to insert those rules :)
I included the harmonic waves pattern as a script it will plot major/minor lines it seemed like a good option. Choose stocks with high liquidity stocks that are popular and known to be in demand like apple for instance, Buy/Sell at or near tops/bottoms using the indicators provided. Watch and different stocks react and use different times to show weakness/strength. For instance if the indicators are turned down on say a 15 min chart then go lower is their strength and direction then on lower time frames if not odds are the 15 min shows the direction for movement. I myself have spent 12 months searching. Most important to help choose your entry direction check the markets I would not buy apple calls unless I see better than good odds the spx,spy ect. I watch the spy if it is dropping I wait for its bottom to buy apple.

Last edited:
M

mcdon030

I included the harmonic waves pattern as a script it will plot major/minor lines it seemed like a good option. Choose stocks with high liquidity stocks that are popular and known to be in demand like apple for instance, Buy/Sell at or near tops/bottoms using the indicators provided. Watch and different stocks react and use different times to show weakness/strength. For instance if the indicators are turned down on say a 15 min chart then go lower is their strength and direction then on lower time frames if not odds are the 15 min shows the direction for movement. I myself have spent 12 months searching. Most important to help choose your entry direction check the markets I would not buy apple calls unless I see better than good odds the spx,spy ect. I watch the spy if it is dropping I wait for its bottom to buy apple.
That’s great you found a use. But the rules I was referencing have 8 different entry rules and each one has 2-3 or 4 different scenarios. Some include fib levels for price and time, others stochastics and fib levels for price and time, etc. One even uses a time fib level for a price swing as far back as the last the 10th.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
That’s great you found a use. But the rules I was referencing have 8 different entry rules and each one has 2-3 or 4 different scenarios. Some include fib levels for price and time, others stochastics and fib levels for price and time, etc. One even uses a time fib level for a price swing as far back as the last the 10th.
I watch fibs to the next levels too I also watch the swing high/lo lines those are very important stocks always well seemingly will retests the high and lo of the day. So if a stock shows strength and say moving up it will tests the next fib level. fib levels hold both buyers and sellers.

P

Playstation

VIP
how do i amend the code so that i can select from the settings which patterns i can switch on or off?

C

CleoLand

@horserider thanks so much. this is a great addition to any strategy. everyone here is so supportive and willing to help. Do the signals repaint?

horserider

horserider

VIP
@CleoLand All ZigZag studies repaint as far as I know. This one tries to show where ZZ is confirmed and will no longer repaint.