Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Hi Falout - How does this help you with the repaint? I saw today that the entries appear sometimes even 4-5 candles after. At first I thought that I must have missed the signal, and then it happened again.
Today was one of the worst I have seen for the repainting. I took the short at 11:04. Then I took a long position at 11:52 that then disappeared. Then took a long position again at 1:36 and it disappeared. What saved me Today was I got out as soon as I saw a CYAN arrow going the wrong direction. I think Christopher even mentions that somewhere in this thread or in the video that the arrows can be used as take profit or reversal signals. The timer I use because I usually enter on the close of the LE or SE candle. From what I have read on this site there seems to be 2 distinct types of repainting. #1 is when the candle is still forming. #2 is when it happens 4-5 candles later. I haven't seen anything better than Christopher's Scalpers for playing the /ES though.

Today was one of the worst I have seen for the repainting. I took the short at 11:04. Then I took a long position at 11:52 that then disappeared. Then took a long position again at 1:36 and it disappeared. What saved me Today was I got out as soon as I saw a CYAN arrow going the wrong direction. I think Christopher even mentions that somewhere in this thread or in the video that the arrows can be used as take profit or reversal signals. The timer I use because I usually enter on the close of the LE or SE candle. From what I have read on this site there seems to be 2 distinct types of repainting. #1 is when the candle is still forming. #2 is when it happens 4-5 candles later. I haven't seen anything better than Christopher's Scalpers for playing the /ES though.
Don't get me wrong. Christopher has put a tremendous amount of work into this and I appreciate it so much. And, I do appreciate your responses. I was just looking for advice as it was my first day trading with the scalper. It was maybe just a bad day for me to get started today :)
I may bother you again tomorrow ;)

This is my latest version of Scalper v2 converted to easyLanguage. The only thing I changed was to color candles based on higher timeframe EMAs. This morning I was looking for a long on the M2K after it couldn't follow through below VWAP. I got in when consensus was 100% biased to the upside and price closed above the C3 line. As additional confluence, the Pro Go showed retail traders trapped short. There was some volatility instead of a straight shot to my targets. Even so, I kept adding on because of the confidence I have in the consensus bias. All contracts closed in profit.

Thank you again for sharing your indicators, @Christopher84. Scalper is the just the best!

@Trader Raider could you share your variation of scalper?

Is it possible to make a watchlist column showing the "squeeze" indication is present? Also a column for the "Spark 1/2/3"?

Honestly im not even sure what the spark 1/2/3 means if someone could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated - I looked at the code and got lost in the sauce.

Anyway Confirmation Candles/Scalper GOES HARD! Christopher is a man amongst men.

Is it possible to make a watchlist column showing the "squeeze" indication is present? Also a column for the "Spark 1/2/3"?

Honestly im not even sure what the spark 1/2/3 means if someone could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated - I looked at the code and got lost in the sauce.

Anyway Confirmation Candles/Scalper GOES HARD! Christopher is a man amon

Anyway Confirmation Candles/Scalper GOES HARD! Christopher is a man amongst men.
Why would you want a watchlist column for Spark 1/2/3 if you dont know what it does lol?

is it possible to have alerts for Spark Up = 3 and Spark Down = 0?

If I have TOS open, I really appreciate the Spark label but have often wondered how frequently TOS updates the calculation as the candle is forming.

For my TS platform, I created a Spark histogram to better watch the value gyrate in real time. It's also interesting to paint candles according to spark value and watch the color change during candle formation. It's a little cleaner than plotting the EMAs. I tested spark extensively as part of entry/exit criteria for my algos and ultimately removed it from the calculations but still find it useful information for discretionary trading.

Best wishes and happy trading!

is it possible to have alerts for Spark Up = 3 and Spark Down = 0?
You got me curious to pull up some of my old Spark layouts. It looks like Spark fires 3 or 0 scores quite a bit when the overall consensus score isn't very high and price doesn't do much except chop around. But when Spark fires 3 or 0 and the consensus score is high, it is much more useful.

You didn't ask my opinion, but if I were to give it 😆, I would say an alert with Sparks of 3 or 0 and corresponding high consensus scores would weed out a lot of alerts that may not be helpful. Or you could just eyeball the EMAs and decide if they are converging/diverging in a manner that is actionable.

Best wishes and happy trading.

You got me curious to pull up some of my old Spark layouts. It looks like Spark fires 3 or 0 scores quite a bit when the overall consensus score isn't very high and price doesn't do much except chop around. But when Spark fires 3 or 0 and the consensus score is high, it is much more useful.

You didn't ask my opinion, but if I were to give it 😆, I would say an alert with Sparks of 3 or 0 and corresponding high consensus scores would weed out a lot of alerts that may not be helpful. Or you could just eyeball the EMAs and decide if they are converging/diverging in a manner that is actionable.

@Christopher84 You see this Christopher. { I would say an alert with Sparks of 3 or 0 and corresponding high consensus scores} I need this!!!

@Falout, I thought of you this morning as I watched the charts. I plotted Spark scores of 3 and 0 on my candles since I hadn't paid attention to Spark lately. If I had traded based on Spark and consensus bias, I would have had a ton of heartburn! Fortunately, I took a trade based on Scalper's C3, EMAs, and consensus. In my opinion, it's the confluence of those three that makes Scalper so effective.

But we all see different things when we read a chart. And Scalper is customizable to individual styles of trading. If you use Spark alerts, I look forward to hearing your results. Personally, I rather visually inspect the EMAs and use that as a lens to interpret Scalper.

@Falout, I thought of you this morning as I watched the charts. I plotted Spark scores of 3 and 0 on my candles since I hadn't paid attention to Spark lately. If I had traded based on Spark and consensus bias, I would have had a ton of heartburn! Fortunately, I took a trade based on Scalper's C3, EMAs, and consensus. In my opinion, it's the confluence of those three that makes Scalper so effective.

But we all see different things when we read a chart. And Scalper is customizable to individual styles of trading. If you use Spark alerts, I look forward to hearing your results. Personally, I rather visually inspect the EMAs and use that as a lens to interpret Scalper.

Thanks for letting me know @Trader Raider.

@Christopher84 You see this Christopher. { I would say an alert with Sparks of 3 or 0 and corresponding high consensus scores} I need this!!!
Hi @Falout,
So far this is what I'm seeing. In the image below the candles are being painted green if Consensus is > 10 and Spark >= 2, Red Consensus < -10 and Spark<2. The arrows fire when spark ==3 or spark == 0 with Consensus values of 10 or -10 respectively. If the candles are gray, they don't meet the threshold to be green or red. If anyone is interested I will be happy to share. Just let me know.
HzIJyv5.png

Hi @Falout,
So far this is what I'm seeing. In the image below the candles are being painted green if Consensus is > 10 and Spark >= 2, Red Consensus < -10 and Spark<2. The arrows fire when spark ==3 or spark == 0 with Consensus values of 10 or -10 respectively. If the candles are gray, they don't meet the threshold to be green or red. If anyone is interested I will be happy to share. Just let me know.
HzIJyv5.png
I will definitely try it out. I really like having alerts more for exits than entries because I cant have TOS in front of me all day. If everything is going against me I can just exit the trade.

Hi @Falout,
HzIJyv5.png
I'm willing to try it out too. Scalping using your indicators whenever I'm able to trade.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
319 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back