Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

https://tos.mx/iHw5hKi
This is what I use. I generally wont make a trade until after 10:00 A.M. New York time to get the best winning percentages. You should be able to just add C3 Max.
Thank you. Following your settings for "agperiod" 1 thru 6, I was able to get it work on 5min or less. I also set "mult" to 1 as I only trade stocks (based Christopher's comment in another post).

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Be still, my heart :love: Thank you for the update! Just exited a cattle short with Scalper v2. The bias label kept me in the trade when I was tempted to bail before hitting the target. Wasn't the most profitable trade of my life. But it was a nice enough scalp that I'll be celebrating with steak for lunch:cool:

Thank you again for everything you share with us! Just when I thought I was finished for the day, you give us something else and now I have to adjust my charts ... again:LOL:

Hi @Falout!
I am really happy to hear you are making good use of the Scalper! Per your request I have included the fib coefficient targets and posted the new code for Scalper v3 underneath the original scalper on pg.1 of the thread. I hope you find it helpful. Thanks for all of your feedback!
tPIdor5.png
Hi @Christopher84, I have a dumb qns, when using the scalper, is it possible to scan for the Buy or Signal using the strategy script? I got an error msg "too complex...." when i tried to do a scan.
Thanks

@Christopher84 - I watched your video on the CC candles. I had stopped trading because of work issues. I looked at this thread and I can't believe the amout of work @Christopher84 has put in even after when I used the original CC candles. I just setup the scalper strategy on my TOS and have a few questions. @Raidertrader - I read that you use the Scalper strategy. I trade /NQ primarily and had a few questions about the scalper.
1. Do you enter the trade on the candle after the Cyan arrow as on the left of the image? Do you wait for the next candle to go above the high of the previous alert candle?
2. Do the yellow candles as in image below on the Scalper indicates not taking the trades or exit the trade?
3. I am assuming that green candles mean uptrend. I see green candles after the yellow candles when it is going down as towards the right side of the image. Can you please clarify.
4. What does the solid white line, solid green line, and yellow line indicate. I see the stoploss being on the yellow line. In the CC video I see the green and red lines and channels are support and resistance, but am not sure what it indicates in the scalper.
4. The levels are awesome. Do you use it as trailing stops?

Thanks so much!!❤️
52NR3qP.png

@Christopher84 - I watched your video on the CC candles. I had stopped trading because of work issues. I looked at this thread and I can't believe the amout of work @Christopher84 has put in even after when I used the original CC candles. I just setup the scalper strategy on my TOS and have a few questions. @Raidertrader - I read that you use the Scalper strategy. I trade /NQ primarily and had a few questions about the scalper.
1. Do you enter the trade on the candle after the Cyan arrow as on the left of the image? Do you wait for the next candle to go above the high of the previous alert candle?
2. Do the yellow candles as in image below on the Scalper indicates not taking the trades or exit the trade?
3. I am assuming that green candles mean uptrend. I see green candles after the yellow candles when it is going down as towards the right side of the image. Can you please clarify.
4. What does the solid white line, solid green line, and yellow line indicate. I see the stoploss being on the yellow line. In the CC video I see the green and red lines and channels are support and resistance, but am not sure what it indicates in the scalper.

Thanks so much!!❤️
52NR3qP.png
You can find the answers to your questions on page 1 of this thread (scroll down towards 3/4 of the page where he explains how TS strategy (basis for ScalperV3)

Hi @Christopher84, I have a dumb qns, when using the scalper, is it possible to scan for the Buy or Signal using the strategy script? I got an error msg "too complex...." when i tried to do a scan.
Thanks
Have you tried scanning for the crossovers from the script? That can yield results for setups that are in the process of firing or recently fired (depending on the timeframe and whether you're running a fresh scan or waiting on a refresh of results in the sidebar).

Best wishes and happy trading.

@Raidertrader - I read that you use the Scalper strategy. I trade /NQ primarily and had a few questions about the scalper.

Thanks so much!!❤️

If you are asking me, sorry, but I don't use that version of scalper (your image looks like v3). I need a chart without so many bubbles and lines (no disrespect intended to Christopher!) I like v2 and use it with fibs (drawn by hand before market open) to determine when price is likely to make a move at particular fib levels or other areas of price structure. I don't use candle color as much as I use price action and the percent bias of Scalper v2 to help place my stops, which I adjust manually rather than a trailing stop per se.

Not a very helpful answer for you, sorry. I think the best way to get familiar with the indicators is to plot them across multiple timeframes and watch how they react. Then fine-tune those aspects that help confirm your reading of the price action and don't chart those that don't.

If you are asking me, sorry, but I don't use that version of scalper (your image looks like v3). I need a chart without so many bubbles and lines (no disrespect intended to Christopher!) I like v2 and use it with fibs (drawn by hand before market open) to determine when price is likely to make a move at particular fib levels or other areas of price structure. I don't use candle color as much as I use price action and the percent bias of Scalper v2 to help place my stops, which I adjust manually rather than a trailing stop per se.

Not a very helpful answer for you, sorry. I think the best way to get familiar with the indicators is to plot them across multiple timeframes and watch how they react. Then fine-tune those aspects that help confirm your reading of the price action and don't chart those that don't.

There is nothing not helpful! I am learning and every bit helps. Thanks for your response!

You can find the answers to your questions on page 1 of this thread (scroll down towards 3/4 of the page where he explains how TS strategy (basis for ScalperV3)
Thank you eagle_ai. I was looking at the instructions for Scalper and I didn't see it. I see that for the TS strategy and it should be the same. I am still not sure whey the green candles after the yellow when the price is going down as in the original picture about 3/4 moving left to right?

Thank you. Following your settings for "agperiod" 1 thru 6, I was able to get it work on 5min or less. I also set "mult" to 1 as I only trade stocks (based Christopher's comment in another post).
Thank you @Falout for sharing the grid and @eagle_ai for your comments. What do the multiple arrows mean and when is the entry supposed to be? Also, anyone using the scalper, if they could provide any guidance on how to use it and what works best, that will be great. I saw that there were no signals for SPX at least on Friday. Has anyone used in in conjunction with other indicators?

Last edited:
Thank you eagle_ai. I was looking at the instructions for Scalper and I didn't see it. I see that for the TS strategy and it should be the same. I am still not sure whey the green candles after the yellow when the price is going down as in the original picture about 3/4 moving left to right?

Thank you @Falout for sharing the grid and @eagle_ai for your comments. What do the multiple arrows mean and when is the entry supposed to be? Also, anyone using the scalper, if they could provide any guidance on how to use it and what works best, that will be great. I saw that there were no signals for SPX at least on Friday. Has anyone used in in conjunction with other indicators?
This was Thursday 6/23/22. I generally don't trade before 11:00 A.M. New York time. So there were to entries on this day. The second entry I actually did not get stopped out because when I started the trade I used a conditional order with a 10 point stop and a 10 point take profit. Often times I will cancel the 10 point take profit and switch to moving my stop up 10 points each time I gain 10 points. The blue arrows show where I would have put my stop. 10 points below where it actually is each time I gain 10 points.

This was Thursday 6/23/22. I generally don't trade before 11:00 A.M. New York time. So there were to entries on this day. The second entry I actually did not get stopped out because when I started the trade I used a conditional order with a 10 point stop and a 10 point take profit. Often times I will cancel the 10 point take profit and switch to moving my stop up 10 points each time I gain 10 points. The blue arrows show where I would have put my stop. 10 points below where it actually is each time I gain 10 points.
Thanks Falout for recapping your trade. Did you enter on the green line on the second CYAN arrow?

Thanks Falout for recapping your trade. Did you enter on the green line on the second CYAN arrow?
Yes that was my entry. The line is red for shorting, green for going long. The LE underneath the CYAN arrow is the scalper 2 reaffirming what the scalper 3 signaled with the first CYAN arrow 4 minutes prior. Just remember this can repaint because its multi-timeframe. I use the 4 minute chart because it seems to have the least repainting and the highest winning percentage.

Yes that was my entry. The line is red for shorting, green for going long. The LE underneath the CYAN arrow is the scalper 2 reaffirming what the scalper 3 signaled with the first CYAN arrow 4 minutes prior. Just remember this can repaint because its multi-timeframe. I use the 4 minute chart because it seems to have the least repainting and the highest winning percentage.
That cyan candle before was part of the puzzle I was not sure about. Thanks so much for clarifying that. I see that you have turned off the little white arrows. Do you know what those arrows mean?

That cyan candle before was part of the puzzle I was not sure about. Thanks so much for clarifying that. I see that you have turned off the little white arrows. Do you know what those arrows mean?
I think I just made all the arrows CYAN. The white arrows would be this part of Christopher's code. So it would have to do with Consensus.

def direction = if ConsensusR > Consensus_Bias then 1 else if ConsensusR < Consensus_Bias then -1 else 0;

plot buy = direction crosses above 0;
buy.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
buy.SetDefaultColor(Color.WHITE);

plot sell = direction crosses below 0;
sell.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN );
sell.SetDefaultColor(Color.WHITE);

I think I just made all the arrows CYAN. The white arrows would be this part of Christopher's code. So it would have to do with Consensus.

def direction = if ConsensusR > Consensus_Bias then 1 else if ConsensusR < Consensus_Bias then -1 else 0;

plot buy = direction crosses above 0;
buy.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
buy.SetDefaultColor(Color.WHITE);

plot sell = direction crosses below 0;
sell.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN );
sell.SetDefaultColor(Color.WHITE);
I think that's it. It gave a great signal on SPY this morning. I didn't take it though :(

Hi @graci117 ,
The script includes instructions to color the candles: See elow:
##Candle Color
###################################
AssignPriceColor(if coloredCandlesOn and (TradePL > (biggestWin * .75)) then Color.YELLOW else if ((price > TrailingStop)) then Color.GREEN else if coloredCandlesOn and ((price < TrailingStop)) then Color.RED else Color.GRAY);

If the condition is not met but the price is still greater than the Trailing Stop, the candle remains GREEN.
Hope this help.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
493 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back