Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

are you referring to the lowest indicator? the single line that changes from green to red... if so it seems to have been the original test for the overall concept of confirmation candles... turn off everything on C3 max except for the C3 Line which represents the consensus level between the 16 or so indicators. Note that C3 Max (page one) and C3 Max Spark C3 lines will have slightly different settings... I believe.
thanks @HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! all good now.... One more thing also. even tho i have the colored candles turned off it still seems to interfere with another paint bar indicator im running simultaneously. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

If you are using the page one version... no. you will need to use C3 Max Spark + the C3_MF_Line study (so they will be separate... I also loaded the original c3 study to see if the c3 line was different and they are the same as far as I can tell.

C3_Max_Spark: http://tos.mx/UaD6HsE (you can turn off 2,3,4 spark labels if you wish in settings)

C3_MF_Line: http://tos.mx/etm9ZUs

11 2.2 TS_V9 and AH off on one and on for the other
foqv62U.png

watching for emad to go below zero line

* DO NOT TRADE BASED ON THIS INFORMATION *

* SPY pulled back to (near) $385 *

In my previous screenshots I normally show only two vertical lines:

1. EMAD EMAs touch the top (or bottom) line

2. EMAD EMAs pull down then up then back down making a Lower High (or Lower Low)

That being said… the following image you will notice three vertical lines (I mark them as I see them during market hours). I could have gotten into puts on the second vertical line but it had a very high likelihood of being short-lived seeing as my other preferred entry method had not happened either… ie candles broke into the supply zone but never broke out of the zone and retest… which is why I waited until the third line to buy puts (shortly after)

0pLtuNG.png

Last edited:
TS 2nd aggregation and Bull Bear aggregation labels on chart (*** I have read some posts that say you should be viewing divergence using the bottom of the candles not the top... I think? seems more reliable in real time as I have been watching it)

Wj9lDCa.png

This is what I look at on the daily...
Todays happens to be Cyan (Vix Alert4)

tLK8BJZ.png

Another daily with top 5 open interest calls and puts levels (NVDA)

KQafQzN.png

Last edited:
I have taken then liberty of adding Vix Alert 4 and Triple Exhaustion to Bull_Bear_V5 ... hopefully it is not too difficult to see in the screenshots: Dark red and Light green candles = triple exhaustion - cyan candles are Vix Alert 4 and the red and green candles are bull bear v5.

The lower study on top of the EMAD study was MTF triple Exhaustion to which I recently added Vix Alert 4 MTF... the agg settings are in the labels (at the moment for the higher aggregations there are multiple lines which I may convert to a background color type at some point) (TS_V9 is not shown)

Chart Style with Studies: http://tos.mx/ijw2tHF

7qcu18w.png

cM21Xc9.png

LqTYUxJ.png

Wow NVDA - EMAD top followed by LH followed by certain DEATH! (* Seriously do not trade based on this information! Test before trade! *)

vaG6mzh.png

Lol @HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! I'm glad you found something that works.. but I seem to get more confused every time you add something/share a screenshot 😂
Haha the Vix mtf on top of the EMAD lower was just to see if it’s of any use. Really the easiest way to use the stuff without all the different aggregations is the 3 step method and the EMAD touches a line and makes a LH or HL method… but the painted candles Vix alert 4 (the cyan candle) is helpful for spotting pullbacks or reversals)

But worry not I will post the @lolreconlol method soon.

Last edited:
HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Been trying to run what you've been sharing and if I have it set 3min/30 day, seems my single chart runs almost 2 min behind and keeps shifting to the left every few seconds.... running a fairly new laptop hardwired network. Guess I need to figure out another machine before I even attempt.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz and 16GB ram.
Can't even imagine how bad it'll be running two charts.

Looking forward to better understanding how this works though. Thank you!

HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Been trying to run what you've been sharing and if I have it set 3min/30 day, seems my single chart runs almost 2 min behind and keeps shifting to the left every few seconds.... running a fairly new laptop hardwired network. Guess I need to figure out another machine before I even attempt.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz and 16GB ram.
Can't even imagine how bad it'll be running two charts.

Looking forward to better understanding how this works though. Thank you!

Hey, so TOS runs best on a PC with fast SINGLE core speed… it can have multiple cores of course but the most important thing being speed per single core… or so I have read. I assume you have adjusted the min max ram settings before you login and changed your quote speed to real time?

Try the following one at a time if you so choose or all at once:
Other than that I would suggest you lower all your chart settings like 3min 30day change to 3min 10days and make all your chart defaults no studies in all tabs active trader etc. when you want to use the studies load the style. I have read that some have better luck opening the program twice to use more than one window. But I would said cut down your watchlist columns to the bare min as well as option chains… don’t run scans etc. also the bull_bear_V5 being multiple (2) aggregations can take a min to load at times. Also the TS_V9_2X has two aggregations as well and the lower study has 4 diff aggregations.

So really to use the bare minimum I would say… C3_Max_Spark (4spark one is not multiple aggregations so it will be fine) + TS_V9_2X + EMAD & Horserider Volume.

All the others you do not necessarily need just use C3 max spark to paint the candles and watch for buy sell volume crossovers and EMAD. Not sure what kind of trading you do exactly but the two entry methods using C3_Max_Spark and EMAD are extremely reliable especially when using it to confirm TS_V9 entries (before or after entry). If you set the 2nd agg for TS_V9 to one timeframe higher than the current and wait for the cyan and magenta arrows to plot within a bar or two of each other I find that I safe entry the vast majority of the time.

Anyway long story short remove all studies but the ones mentioned above and you should be good… I’m fairly certain the previous Thinkpad I used had the same processor and I believe 20GB of ram. TOS lags sometimes especially when you have strategies and studies scans etc running in the background. I periodically go through and delete all studies strategies watchlists scans chart styles and study sets - everything I do not use.

Went off on a tangent there but hope that helps.

Side note: If you get a new laptop ThinkPad + ThinkOrSwim is where it’s at… 11th or 12th Gen processor with turbo boost (not models that have the letter H / they should have a K on the end I believe) but that being said your PC will work fine when you fix your TOS setup.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
302 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back