Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

To whom it may concern...

The following shows entry/exit methods and some of the ways to use the EMAD lower concerning divergence among others. Each entry has three arrows as explained in the notes on the left of side of the chart

http://tos.mx/xDW1Nic

NU5uE0x.png
Hello, Great post and combination of various indicators. Q- how do you get the big arrows, are they manually drawn, I have difficulty seeing the small ones.
Thanks

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Hello, Great post and combination of various indicators. Q- how do you get the big arrows, are they manually drawn, I have difficulty seeing the small ones.
Thanks
the big arrows are under the drawings tab... manually drawn. For arrows in a study go to settings and increase the arrow size.

Exactly as I do. I was curious if this is a daily/intraday chore. It does take quite a bit of time to narrow down the best P/L. What I have found is we continually get good or bad results as we change the numbers and or the MA type. I do these changes as you do, but it takes a ton of time. Do you typically leave the setting close to a particular ticker or do you run through the task each and every day?
As @HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! mentioned above, I also look at where the arrows are plotting to attempt to get the best entries.
Thanks for your reply. I will look at the numbers you provided for SPX and compare to what I used.
Agree, its tedious job but our money is on the line so keep reviewing the floating PL/labels to make sure they are not way off. As Chris mentioned previously in this thread, take the highest time available for any given time, say 2min, best is 30days. If you go with 2min/20days, values will be different.

To whom it may concern... It doesnt get any better than this people my goodness. I dont know what else @METAL will say "I dont like EMAD" "I dont believe in EMADgic" but hopefully this will change his mind... (its a joke people)

Look at this beautiful divergence and directional indication during zone compression (and "squeeze" indication ((yellow dots))

Though the EMAD provides a good idea of where the trend is headed it is still advised to what for a candle to breakout above or below the zone to look to buy. Of course this is on the 1min chart but it is extremely useful as candle wrapping occurs much more frequently on the 1min. Then look for divergence or a strong break out of a zone to look to sell. Combine that with thhe higher aggregation chart of choice for confirmation, however, keep in mind the EMAs 10 and 35 on a one min chart reflect the 10min and lets call it 30min timeframe. Notice before reversal the candles test the EMAs 2 or 3 times then the EMAs become compressed eventually turning over. While the EMAs are compressed the candle color and C3_MF_Line provide valuable insight as well. Also the Ehlers Moving Average (I have set to 28? I think... maybe 25... ((default is 34) adds another level of confirmation.

Good day.

mzpBGAx.png

Entry Method 2: This one should be pretty common. Compare two TF of your choosing and when one agrees with the other within a few bars - you may enter:

• Open two separate TF charts
  • TS_V9 indication appears on the lower TF chart
  • TS_V9 indication appears on the higher TF chart within a few bars of the lower TF
  • Enter

1min / 3min charts

HJON9O1.png

Due to earlier post about comparing the TS_V9 entries on 2 TF charts... I HAVE DONE THE UNTHINKABLE... and combined them into one study on one chart - 2 aggregations

In the screenshot one chart is 2min the other is 3mins the 2nd agg is set to 3 mins (magenta arrows and i added the verticle lines to compare to the 3min (you can also adjust the 2nd aggregation atr factor and whatnot... i have them both set to 11 / 2.2)

also shout out to CHAT GTP for saving me some time changing the name of a million inputs and def etc.

Note the size of the move where the cyan arrow plots then the magenta arrow plots a few bars after (haven’t tested much but looks interesting)

***Update link (previous link the wins 2 label calculation was wrong)
http://tos.mx/Ae6JxJC

iMaoFD5.png

Last edited:
http://tos.mx/Ae6JxJC TS_V9 with 2nd aggregation... if you use a 2min chart at all set the 2nd aggregation to 1hr, change the arrow size to at least 3, and set trade daytime only to "no" for the primary set trade daytime only to "yes" and watch the magic on the SPY 2min chart with AH turned on.

The screenshot is not the settings mention above...
9q0rzG8.png

Last edited:
http://tos.mx/Ae6JxJC TS_V9 with 2nd aggregation... if you use a 2min chart at all set the 2nd aggregation to 1hr, change the arrow size to at least 3, and set trade daytime only to "no" for the primary set trade daytime only to "yes" and watch the magic on the SPY 2min chart with AH turned on.

The screenshot is not the settings mention above...
9q0rzG8.png
Can't seem to get this one to open in TOS.. any ideas?

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
250 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back