Relative Volume Strategy and Momentum Scanner for ThinkorSwim

K

king_louie

VIP
@Sonny If I want to find $20 and up stocks using this scanner, do I use the same criteria and just switch the price to $20 and up?

J

jezzer46

VIP
What a day! SPI started and all the other energy stocks came up with it. 2 straight weeks of low volatility, this was what I was waiting for. Stocks traded today that was on the list : SPI, SUNW, DPW, POLA

C

coolvoice3

I have used the Momo Scan provided here as below, When a Ticker pops into the watchlist, I see that the major move is already completed, is there any way we can adjust this to showcase sooner than later.
Last = .50 to 15
Volume > 100,000
%change >=10%
Shares = 1 to 70,000,000
Custom = plot scan = close >(Open * 1.03)
Unusual Volume - Volume increased at least 40% in typical average over 60 periods "D"

I am looking out to adjust this scan to show the Momo scan when its ready to move and not when the move is already completed.

Thanks

K

Khahuy12

VIP
What a day! SPI started and all the other energy stocks came up with it. 2 straight weeks of low volatility, this was what I was waiting for. Stocks traded today that was on the list : SPI, SUNW, DPW, POLA
Did u use btd with settings that you mentioned earlier to trade?

J

jezzer46

VIP
Did u use btd with settings that you mentioned earlier to trade?

Yes and no. When the stocks where trading with relatively high volatility I waited and used the BTD. However, once those stocks started getting into a frenzy buying dips is hard so I switched to breakout buying.

murkr

murkr

VIP
Man I got smashed today by POLA, SUNW, and OEG.

I'm trading based on my fib levels but there were such big moves that I kept getting stopped out.

J

jezzer46

VIP
Man I got smashed today by POLA, SUNW, and OEG.

I'm trading based on my fib levels but there were such big moves that I kept getting stopped out.

Keep at it. I used to be the same way. Eventually you build up a sense to when to buy and sell. I traded those 3 plus NCTY today and I only failed at POLA (small loss) only because I didnt follow my gut feeling.

murkr

murkr

VIP
My problem was I took a trade when there was low liquidity and the price tanked 20% in one second.
Does anyone know of an indicator that can help me measure liquidity so this doesn't happen again? @BenTen ?

M

msiroc

@Sonny This scanner and strategy are awesome. Thanks! I'm new to TOS coding and trying to learn everything I can. What exactly does " plot scan = close >= (open*1.04); " mean?

markos

markos

VIP
@msiroc please go to this location and read up on it. Form the Tutorials section: http://b.link/tSCommunity
Everything regarding code and scripts is here. This will take you quite a while to study but is the best resource.

T

twitty_twit

Hi @Ginu09,

I have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. How did you add the net % change condition to the scanner? Did you select "Study" and "AfterHours_Percentage_Change" under Price Performance? Also, is it set to 1m or D?

2. Finally, do u mind sharing the watchlist code for #2 (= a watchlist column to identify if the stock has crossed the pre-market high)?

Thanks so much

Joseph Patrick 18

Joseph Patrick 18

Hi @Sonny have you fixed the RV1 code yet on the Color Coded Watchlist Columns? Because me and some other members are having loading issues with it. About half of the "Gainers" show RV1 values then the other half say "loading" and "NaN". And lastly are we just purely focusing on the highest RV1 value in Cyan or across the board Cyan? Thanks in advance.

J

jezzer46

VIP
Hi @Sonny have you fixed the RV1 code yet on the Color Coded Watchlist Columns? Because me and some other members are having loading issues with it. About half of the "Gainers" show RV1 values then the other half say "loading" and "NaN". And lastly are we just purely focusing on the highest RV1 value in Cyan or across the board Cyan? Thanks in advance.
I have been following this thread for a while now and unfornutaley SONNY hasnt posted in a very long time.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@Joseph Patrick 18 : I think Sonny has left the building... :cautious:

Sonny
Joined May 7, 2020
Last seen Jul 22, 2020