Relative Volume Strategy and Momentum Scanner for ThinkorSwim

K

kmg526

VIP
@Gabrielx77 Would this work with a 5 min chart or is it better on a 15 min?

R

rogtrader

What's the best way to find the moving stocks (with the highest momentum in the market). Trade Ideas does have something like that.. Do we have a momentum scanner here? Thanks!

B

Beouf_Wellington

Hello, noob here.

I'm no coder by any means and a new trader, but found a Relative Volume code in a thread on this site, and it works wonderfully. The code is:

Code:
# START
plot c = Volume(period = AggregationPeriod.DAY) / Average(volume(period = AggregationPeriod.DAY), 50);
c.SetDefaultColor(Color.BLACK);
AssignBackgroundColor(if c > 2 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else Color.PINK);
# END

Is there a way to add a line to this so the scan shows ONLY stocks with a RelVol of 2 or higher to keep the list down?

Thanks.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Beouf_Wellington You can set it up to something like this:

B

Beouf_Wellington

Thanks @BenTen. In fact, I think you were the one who wrote this code I am using, so thank you for that.

I'll see if I can figure this out. Like I said, new to all of this, but more than willing to research and learn.

R

rogtrader

What's the best way to find the moving stocks (with the highest momentum in the market). Trade Ideas does have something like that.. Do we have a momentum scanner here? Thanks!

V

Vimal Mittal

Please tell me how to use alert in my watchlist I have never done. Sorry for my poor knowledge.
Thanks sir.
You don't need to keep scanning as long as you set alerts for when new symbols are added to both scans. Just have the Message Center pulled up and you can see any new stocks that pop up on both scans.

S

stockscouter87

@mas00 Expect a 3-5 min delay if you're going to wait for the watchlist to update itself. I would manually hit the Scan button like @jezzer46 said.
Hey Ben! So I normally use Trade Ideas for all my scanning needs but I've been trying to build up my TOS scanner to possibly compete with TI. There is only one thing that I can definitively say that without it there would be no way I could give TI up.

Maybe you can help though. Ok so you know how when there is a ticker starting to move the scanner will say running up?

Well I was wondering if we could get a notification some type of way in real time each time a stock moves say 5% in a min.

Something along those lines.
Also, did the advanced market mive