Moxie Indicator for ThinkorSwim?

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
Hi all! New member here...

I don't know if anyone has come across this neat indicator called the "Moxie Indicator". It seems the creator of this indicator has it developed for Ninjatrader and Thinkorswim but he's not releasing the TOS version because he doesn't want the code shared. He has partnered up with John Carter from SimplerTrading to provide alerts based on this indicator.

You can check it out here...

It would be nice if something like this can be replicated. I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start. Can it be reversed engineered from a NinjaTrader script?

Much success to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
markos

markos

VIP
@tradegeek IMO, I would just move on. Never buy an indicator. Find a system that works for you and keep working it. There are many hundred of them on this website to research. Start in the Tutorials as well as Look at the built in Strategies.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
I liked his explanation. Seems to me its some custom indicator based on RSI like criteria (e.g. momentum based indicator). Very likely he uses multiple timeframe cross to generate signal (e.g. change colors). Its even clear he has multiple timeframe setup (daily/monthly) for it

It is unbounded and not percentage based ( so more like stochastics/macd in this way).

W

WuerthJR

@tradegeek You asked if it could be reverse engineered from NinjaScript. Do you have a ninjascript of the indicator?

T

tdeel

:)
T rade G eek = TG = TG Watkins = He's trying to get you to watch a video so that you will purchase the MoxieTrader from him............

C

cherif

Hi all! New member here...

I don't know if anyone has come across this neat indicator called the "Moxie Indicator". It seems the creator of this indicator has it developed for Ninjatrader and Thinkorswim but he's not releasing the TOS version because he doesn't want the code shared. He has partnered up with John Carter from SimplerTrading to provide alerts based on this indicator.

You can check it out here...

It would be nice if something like this can be replicated. I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start. Can it be reversed engineered from a NinjaTrader script?

Much success to all!
hi, where the ninja trader script?

T

tiburon

guys I was watching several videos on this Moxie indicator itreally works in showing divergence an entry signals on the 60 min if the daily is align in trend if someone can get this script will be great

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
I don't have the ninjascript for this but I'm sure you can get your hands on the encrypted ninjascript. However, the thinkscript version isn't being released because it can't be encrypted. TG Watkins is using it to create a subscription service with SimplerTrading.

TradeGeek isn't TG Watkins...LOL! I'm really not TG Watkins. Good catch though. I didn't notice until you brought it to my attention.

Monopod

Monopod

Trading is time consuming and, if you know what you're doing, lucrative. When I see someone who puts all his time into selling indicators, making you tube videos, maintaining mailing lists and a website, doing seminars, and paying for marketing / SEO services, then I pretty much know one thing: dude doesn't trade much and probably can't be consistently profitable as a trader. That has been proven to me many times in the course of my life.

I live on Jupiter Island. Three doors down from me there lives a veteran trader of commodities and derivatives. The man trades every day (as I do). He has no presence online, no website, no you tube videos. He's a pro and the last thing in the world he would do is share his methodology with the general public for any price.

T

tiburon

guys They are selling the indicator with clases by november 2nd. by on the watch to see if we can get script

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
Hopefully that's true but I don't think he's selling the indicator for TOS as he specifically mentioned he doesn't want to disclose the unencrypted script.

M

Maya

Warehouse
@tradegeek is correct. No way to replicate this as the source code is not available. It would be useless if you purchase it. You're out of your mind if you spend $697 on an indicator.

@tiburon An alternative to the Moxie indicator would be the Coppock indicator that @BenTen shared https://usethinkscript.com/threads/long-term-indicators-big-hand-and-coppock-indicator-for-thinkorswim.22/. Default is weekly, but you can change to any timeframe, and it should work. It works for me modestly. No reason to spend big $$$ on this bullsh** Moxie.

Very good point @Monopod.

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
It looks like he will be offering the Moxi Indicator for the first time. Do you guys think the code can be encrypted in TOS?

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
Where will he be offering the code?
I'm not sure. That why I asked if it's possible for the code to be encrypted because as far as I know, thinkscript code cannot be encrypted unless it's done by Thinkorswim internally. I don't know if there has been some new tech that may be able to do it outside of Thinkorswim.

T

tomsk

VIP
With this extended thread on Moxie, really makes me curious what it is. Perhaps I'll peek at the video describing this and hopefully learn a thing or two

R

RR68

VIP
The author spent way too much time talking about himself rather than the indicator. The title of the webinar from a week or so ago had nothing to do with the indicator, so it was frustrating to find out that the webinar was an hour long infomercial.

T

tomsk

VIP
I have watched many of the indicator videos from Simpler Options. Raghee Horner's approach using her 34 EMA waves with prop dots as well as Darvas really resonated with me. Watched her video a while ago. thought it made a lot of sense

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Questions 15
T Questions 1
J Indicators 0
J007RMC Indicators 0
J Indicators 15