How to insert image in a post thread?

Solution
Notice you're having trouble with uploading images on the site. Sorry for the extra work. Here is a little tutorial to help:

1. Go to https://imgur.com/

2. Upload your image by clicking on the New post (green button on the top left hand corner, next to logo).

3. Click Choose Photo/Video then Select your file.

QYoCfib.png

4. Once the image is uploaded, hover the mouse over to the image and you should see a button with 3-dots in it.

xykKh8Z.png

5. Click on that and select "Get Share Link" > Under BBCode (Forums) click Copy link

zEelO7m.png

6. Paste that link into our post editor like the following. If you have multiple images, you will be including several links.
7. Cut & Paste that Link into your post
JUST CUT&PASTE...​
Notice you're having trouble with uploading images on the site. Sorry for the extra work. Here is a little tutorial to help:

1. Go to https://imgur.com/

2. Upload your image by clicking on the New post (green button on the top left hand corner, next to logo).

3. Click Choose Photo/Video then Select your file.

QYoCfib.png

4. Once the image is uploaded, hover the mouse over to the image and you should see a button with 3-dots in it.

xykKh8Z.png

5. Click on that and select "Get Share Link" > Under BBCode (Forums) click Copy link

zEelO7m.png

6. Paste that link into our post editor like the following. If you have multiple images, you will be including several links.

JbWJoJz.png
thats funny dont let upload keep say invalid

Could we get something like this added to this system, to improve image uploading

hlxxKyR.png
Drag and Drop requires that images be stored on the server and can cost additional money for hosting, sometimes significantly more... For this reason many sites require external image hosting... Yes, local image hosting means less chance of images vanishing over time, sometimes rendering an entire topic worthless, but does that benefit offset the added costs...??? I've run forums so I have been through this... Using imgur is not all that difficult and is the preferred method of hosting images on this site... There is a topic devoted to using imgur to insert images, which you have obviously read...

@BenTen, I tried several times to upload 2 pics on a thread via imgur and was impossible. It keeps on telling me the file type is invalid even though I tried with .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg. I also changed the file name to avoid numbers or special characters and no luck.
Can you post if I send them your way or can you please advice if you know of any fixes?
Thanks in advance

@BenTen, I tried several times to upload 2 pics on a thread via imgur and was impossible. It keeps on telling me the file type is invalid even though I tried with .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg. I also changed the file name to avoid numbers or special characters and no luck.
Can you post if I send them your way or can you please advice if you know of any fixes?
Thanks in advance
I can assure you that .jpg works... What I do is Add an image to imgur, click on it to open it, and select Copy next to Direct Link... Then I click on the Inert Image icon in the toolbar above and Paste the link there... Works every time...

You can set up an account at any of the free image hosting sites on the internet. I recently did that with imgBB in order to post a pic here. The site will give you a link to the image so you can place it in your post here.

What I do, is send the image as a private message on discord (to any account). Then, click on the image in the chat and click on 'open original', which opens the image in a new tab, and use that link with the 'insert image' button on UTS.
As far as I know, these images are hosted by discord perpetually, even if the message has been deleted. I have images in posts from June that work fine still. Here's an image of Steve Jobs that I sent to a spam account and deleted right after: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/645108055230382090/791939473981571092/476283_v9_ba.jpg (the link still works :))
I don't recall how I stumbled upon this 'exploit' out, but its pretty easy, no issue, free image hosting ;)

BenTen I am not usually this dense (I think?) but I am still having trouble sending a screenshot. I looked at instructions and I am stuck on #3 do I take a picture of chart and put that in a folder to send? Instruction #3 Click/choose Photo/Video which is a img file
QYoCfib.png
how does that get created? Please give me instructions as if you were talking to a five-year old because for some reason I am having trouble comprehending how to get chart vision into imgur

Thank you in advance!

@QUIKTDR1 The easiest method is to use Screen Snipping... I see that you've managed to get one posted but not sure you created it or how... I posted here in a topic how to enable using the PrtScr keyboard key to start Screen Snipping... I'll explain it again so other have another place to stumble across it...

Click your Start Button in the lower left corner of the screen

Click on Settings, the little gear

In the search box Type "Print Screen" and select the option that appears "Use the print screen key to enable screen snipping"

You will be taken to the setting which can then be turned On

Close the Settings Panel and you're done

Now whenever you want to take a screen shot you simply press the PrtScr key and Screen Snipping will start... After capturing the portion of the screen that you want it will be saved in your Windows Clipboard... It can then be Pasted into an image editing program or Pasted into Imgur by clicking on the Drop Images Here box and pressing Ctrl+V... You can then rename the image of you want or return to the previous screen where it should be the first image in your list... Click on that image and then select the second Copy from the top which says "Direct Link"... The URL to the image will then be saved in your WIndows Clipboard... Now you can Paste that link into a post by clicking on the Image Icon in the message composition panel and Pasting the link there...

@QUIKTDR1 It sounds like you're having trouble with taking a screenshot on your computer. If that is the case, you can check out this video tutorial:

I hope that helps.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.