thats funny dont let upload keep say invalidNotice you're having trouble with uploading images on the site. Sorry for the extra work. Here is a little tutorial to help:
1. Go to https://imgur.com/
2. Upload your image by clicking on the New post (green button on the top left hand corner, next to logo).
3. Click Choose Photo/Video then Select your file.
4. Once the image is uploaded, hover the mouse over to the image and you should see a button with 3-dots in it.
5. Click on that and select "Get Share Link" > Under BBCode (Forums) click Copy link
6. Paste that link into our post editor like the following. If you have multiple images, you will be including several links.
Drag and Drop requires that images be stored on the server and can cost additional money for hosting, sometimes significantly more... For this reason many sites require external image hosting... Yes, local image hosting means less chance of images vanishing over time, sometimes rendering an entire topic worthless, but does that benefit offset the added costs...??? I've run forums so I have been through this... Using imgur is not all that difficult and is the preferred method of hosting images on this site... There is a topic devoted to using imgur to insert images, which you have obviously read...Could we get something like this added to this system, to improve image uploading
I can assure you that .jpg works... What I do is Add an image to imgur, click on it to open it, and select Copy next to Direct Link... Then I click on the Inert Image icon in the toolbar above and Paste the link there... Works every time...@BenTen, I tried several times to upload 2 pics on a thread via imgur and was impossible. It keeps on telling me the file type is invalid even though I tried with .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg. I also changed the file name to avoid numbers or special characters and no luck.
Can you post if I send them your way or can you please advice if you know of any fixes?
Thanks in advance
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|AMZN PUT Strategy for ThinkorSwim **UPDATED Post**||Strategies||27|
|M||Stock performance pre/post dividend||Questions||0|
|Where can I post my indicators?||Questions||2|
|Where to post and not be deleted or moved.||Questions||1|
|I||Receive alerts pre and post market?||Questions||10|