Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

1. Most are using C3_Max Spark or TS_V9 or both. This is what I use among others. It is C3_Max_Spark with TS_V9 (arrows), C3_MF_Line, etc. http://tos.mx/H7Xrhwx (see this post for screenshots https://usethinkscript.com/threads/confirmation-candles-indicator-for-thinkorswim.6316/post-117629)

2. Timeframe depends on personal preference and your trading style (what are you trading? Options, Shares, Futures? How often? Daily, Weekly?) As for the higher timeframes you see posted... Generally speaking one would look at the monthly/weekly/daily before market open as you will see major support resistance levels (or supply and demand zones) also when trend exhaustion, TS_V9, Spark arrows, etc. occur on the higher timeframes this will generally result in some significant moves while trading the lower timeframes. Basically we look at them to look at the longer term trend because it is usually best to trade with the higher timeframe trend not against it. @Christopher84 basic strategy involves using the hourly to determine which direction to trade meaning if the hourly is in an up-trend only take long trades - if the hourly is in a down-trend only take short trades (the trade entry and exits are done using the 5min chart).

3. My recommendation... do not use confirmation candles use the C3_Max_Spark & or TS_V9 or both. turn off all arrows except for Spark Up Spark Down and TS_V9 arrows (if you load the style linked above it will already be setup) (see answer 1). As for the issue of too many arrows see the screenshot from the post linked above where I point out a great entry and higher risk entry (although it may not have actually been higher risk but more so one was a great entry and the other a good entry I suppose) my point being when the price has not broken down out of the supply zone you can ignore the down arrows and vice versa with up arrows - you could also choose to ignore the arrows that go against the EMA cloud or the C3 line color. I suggest watching two charts 3min and 10min or whatever you so choose. When you see a directional indication on the lower timeframe wait to see if the higher timeframe confirms that direction as this will make for a safer entry.

Test now trade later... I am not a big advocate of paper trading as it is not the live market. IF you have the discipline... trade one share at a time, one contract at a time until you find what setup works for you.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Good day.
THANK YOU! This was a very thorough and specific response. I will use the C3_Max_Spark with the TS_V9. I don't paper trade, and I'm willing to lose more money just to develop one move, one setup. I feel like I'm right there, and my patience has evolved a lot since I realized what the stock market was in 2018.

Also, I'm just trying to trade options on the SPY (occasionally TSLA or some other stock with high options volume). I want to get used to seeing one thing over and over and over again until I develop an "eye" for it.

Last edited:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

THANK YOU! This was a very thorough and specific response. I will use the C3_Max_Spark with the TS_V9. I don't paper trade, and I'm willing to lose more money just to develop one move, one setup. I feel like I'm right there, and my patience has evolved a lot since I realized what the stock market was in 2018.

Also, I'm just trying to trade options on the SPY (occasionally TSLA or some other stock with high options volume). I want to get used to seeing one thing over and over and over again until I develop an "eye" for it.
10-4 no problem. I would say the easiest way to trade spy options is to made a watchlist for calls and a watchlist for puts and add the first 5 or so strike calls and puts. Add a volume column maybe one normal and one as a percent of x number bars. Pull them up beside your chart and shift click the ask to buy when the time is right. And try your damndest not to buy when it first breaks out of the zone - buy the pullback… it will save you some heart ache. And NEVER hold 0DTE or close to exp contracts when you spot trouble unless you have sold off 90% of your position already. If you are placing an options trade against the trend do not overstay your welcome. Small consistent returns will help you more than one huge win and huge losses. That way you will develop some discipline and will be able to increase your risk with confidence as you go… but you cannot do that if you loose your account.

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Do you have a typical ATR period and ATR factor that you use with the Ts_V9? I find that I am spending a ton of time trying to get to the highest Profit with each stock. For example: AAPL,AMZN,MSFT, NVDA,NFLX,TSLA and /ES. Just curious how other go about making these changes.

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Do you have a typical ATR period and ATR factor that you use with the Ts_V9? I find that I am spending a ton of time trying to get to the highest Profit with each stock. For example: AAPL,AMZN,MSFT, NVDA,NFLX,TSLA and /ES. Just curious how other go about making these changes.
I just change them at random but have it set not to trade after-hours after I get a decent win rate I change the chart aggregation… which is cheating in a sense but I have been using 11 / 2.2… it has been working extremely well depending on the underlying… I personally only use the winners label then change the days aggregation plus or minus a few days turn after hours on and off to see how the arrows are plotting. I trade options so not too concerned with huge moves. Also no matter the % winners I still will not enter if I dont like the other indications/price action.

(@GT326 ) Currently testing TSV9 arrows as an option chain column…

Last edited:
I just change them at random but have it set not to trade after-hours after I get a decent win rate I change the chart aggregation… which is cheating in a sense but I have been using 11 / 2.2… it has been working extremely well depending on the underlying… I personally only use the winners label then change the days aggregation plus or minus a few days turn after hours on and off to see how the arrows are plotting. I trade options so not too concerned with huge moves. Also no matter the % winners I still will not enter if I dont like the other indications/price action.

Currently testing TSV9 arrows as an option chain column…
Did you have any good trades today? Thanks for all your help!

which version are using in your cell phone ? thanks
C4_Max_V5_Mobile however I guess I did not post a share link for it but I will when I get around my computer. That being said is the C4_Max_V5 with the bull bear V5 code removed as the agg settings cause it not to work on mobile.

Screenshot Edit

the whole setup: http://tos.mx/3OxJpPS

regular chart tab: http://tos.mx/YvWYK12

active trader: http://tos.mx/GUpRaTt

Ok try this one.

should look like this on the regular chart

fUYseeG.png

47Qs3Tm.png

The Gex lower indicator did not finish loading before the screenshot was taken (computer is a new Thinkpad P1 just incase your wondering… but loads much quicker on the 6-9month)

I generally set the active trader chart to Daily 6 or 9 months if I am using the Gex lower study as it loads faster however the IV crush labels may not work unless you set it to 1 year or more.

and the active trader chart (the "Gex" lower study takes up some computing power so you may want to leave it off unless you want to see it.) I only look at this one the day before.

9NFwYmo.png
So I've searched through a few times and it's likely I missed it but do you have a link or can you share the Gex study? You and Chris are both amazing. Thanks so much for your hard work. I hope you guys have a happy and productive year. This has helped me so much.

So I've searched through a few times and it's likely I missed it but do you have a link or can you share the Gex study? You and Chris are both amazing. Thanks so much for your hard work. I hope you guys have a happy and productive year. This has helped me so much.

The post you replied to contains the GEX study in the “active trader” style link. Thank you good sir. @Christopher84 is a man amongst men.

No. I sat in my hands today… however I am working nights so I can only trade till 10-11am if I don’t fall asleep before… had I been paying attention this would have been a beautiful setup…

TSLA 3min

Bud,
Thanks for sharing.. i got few questions (at your ease)
1) What's teh EMAD configuration for that setup (SPY .. 3M).... the reason for ask is ... it doesn't match mine .. from your share
2) What's use of Horserider,triple etc., I can't seem to grab it.
Thanks ... more probably after weekend study :) LOL
MN

Bud,
1) What's teh EMAD configuration for that setup (SPY .. 3M).... the reason for ask is ... it doesn't match mine .. from your share
MN
Also it doesn't work on SPX... any idea...

TIA
MN

Bud,
MN
Hey no problem. I’ll post screenshots for the EMAD configuration when I get a min. I changed the EMAs to green and red and set the line weight to 2. Changed the upper and lower lines to gray line weight 2 and the zero line to a white-ish color.

Triple exhaustion are the dots after one or a few of them watch for a pullback / reversal.

Horserider - it’s just the volume attempting to represent buy / sell volume - if it doesn’t look right on mobile it is because you need to change the sell volume to a solid line (not a histogram) and set the line weight to 3 and color to red. Also set the volume average to a solid line - gray - line weight 1.

As for the SPX all I know is there are specific versions of indicators made for SPX. I personally don’t trade SPX so I have never looked into it.

Last edited:
That's actually quite funny. Of all the stuff I've downloaded and loaded from this thread I didn't click the one thing that I was most intrigued about. I'd also rank all your hard work right up there .. Thanks again.
No problem… GEX takes some serious computing power. Lower your daily chart aggregation if it’s too slow. Also adjust the distance between strikes and the number of strikes for whatever your going to trade.

Hey no problem. I’ll post screenshots for the EMAD configuration when I get a min. I changed the EMAs to green and red and set the line weight to 2. Changed the upper and lower lines to gray line weight 2 and the zero line to a white-ish color.

Triple exhaustion are the dots after one or a few of them watch for a pullback / reversal.

Horserider - it’s just the volume attempting to represent buy / sell volume - if it doesn’t look right on mobile it is because you need to change the sell volume to a solid line (not a histogram) and set the line weight to 3 and color to red. Also set the volume average to a solid line - gray - line weight 1.

As for the SPX all I know is there are specific versions of indicators made for SPX. I personally don’t trade SPX so I have never looked into it.
New here. I have read all pages I like it and have been looking at your shared charts myself. Thanks. Is there a way to separate out the consensus as another study to be plotted as histogram. I liked That idea of separate indicator in 1 of the private pages but I don't know if that has been answered thanks

Also - can you please confirm if the first arrow is for 3 min and then some multiple coming are from 10 mins?

Last edited:

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
314 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back