Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Hi Christopher, I have started to use the TS_Analysis Strategy and scalper upper with the Short and Long targets. they both seem to be working well with a slight preference to the scalper upper for scalping. Are we not able to modify the open and close time to account the futures trading hours to be able to use it for after RTH?
Hi @DoubleD,
The open and close time primarily affects the profit/loss calculations. The strategy itself will continue to run in the aftermarket hours. The win percentage is considerably higher with aftermarket hours off though, and was designed with this in mind. I hope this helps. Happy trading!

I found an auto fib tool from the below post 310.

I have been using th3 c3 max, Tge below autofib generation tool setup for daily and weekly setups on 2 different 5 min charts, vwap, 8/21/50/200 ema, and the built in atrtrailingstop loss.

I have changed my charts and only use macd, rsi, ttm squeeze, and stochastic rsi as a backup. But I have switched my strategy to use emas, c3_max zones, The autofib, and just trade between fibs since the auto fib tool is real time and auto adjusting, vwap and EMA crossovers, and atrtrailingstop exit triggers.
I started trading futures for over 3 weeks both short and long and haven’t had a losing position or red day since.

One thing I also noticed is that during an uptrend, the c3_max green demand zone DOES NOT MOVE and the red supply zone moves so as legs are made until the trend is over. Then the exact opposite happens.

You will also notice the zones seem to coincide with the current daily or weekly Fibonacci zones.

Maybe you all can make use of this.

I can post the code I use to trigger exit orders when I catch a downstrend and want to exit out during a new consolidation and vice versa. I trade in the 5 min chart with one current real time daily fib and one weekly real time fib using the below. I use the built in atrtrailingstop to determine when to exit my trade.

I always set my exit orders as market GTC with 3 different criteria.

1 - a hard stop loss depending if it is a trending day or a chop day.

2 - a price target 2-3 daily fibs away or 1 weekly fib away from where I enter

3 - custom setup using the built in atrtrailingstop to determine when a trend is dying out enough to be concerned or it’s just resting to collect orders and continue the trend.

I have a paper account (only bc my otc bags aren’t moving) and have just been trading es, nq, mes, and mnq. In 3 weeks my paper account is up $10k with $3k commissions due to all the testing I have been doing for over 6 months on my paper trade.

I have had losing individual trades but every time I have been able to recover those losses and end up green on every position I closed out by the end of the day.

Autofib with configurable aggregation.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...icator-for-thinkorswim.14/page-16#post-105569

Last edited:
The bearish pattern continues. It has been over a decade since the averages on this timeframe have crossed down. Keep an eye on the higher timeframe and trade accordingly. Happy trading and have great weekend!
6P40jBl.png
Hey Chris, thank you for the amazing work you shared with the community. Just wondering if you have a custom watchlist column color for the Ehlers MAMA...any guidance will be greatly appreciated

I found an auto fib tool from the below post 310.

I have been using th3 c3 max, Tge below autofib generation tool setup for daily and weekly setups on 2 different 5 min charts, vwap, 8/21/50/200 ema, and the built in atrtrailingstop loss.

I have changed my charts and only use macd, rsi, ttm squeeze, and stochastic rsi as a backup. But I have switched my strategy to use emas, c3_max zones, The autofib, and just trade between fibs since the auto fib tool is real time and auto adjusting, vwap and EMA crossovers, and atrtrailingstop exit triggers.
I started trading futures for over 3 weeks both short and long and haven’t had a losing position or red day since.

One thing I also noticed is that during an uptrend, the c3_max green demand zone DOES NOT MOVE and the red supply zone moves so as legs are made until the trend is over. Then the exact opposite happens.

You will also notice the zones seem to coincide with the current daily or weekly Fibonacci zones.

Maybe you all can make use of this.

I can post the code I use to trigger exit orders when I catch a downstrend and want to exit out during a new consolidation and vice versa. I trade in the 5 min chart with one current real time daily fib and one weekly real time fib using the below. I use the built in atrtrailingstop to determine when to exit my trade.

I always set my exit orders as market GTC with 3 different criteria.

1 - a hard stop loss depending if it is a trending day or a chop day.

2 - a price target 2-3 daily fibs away or 1 weekly fib away from where I enter

3 - custom setup using the built in atrtrailingstop to determine when a trend is dying out enough to be concerned or it’s just resting to collect orders and continue the trend.

I have a paper account (only bc my otc bags aren’t moving) and have just been trading es, nq, mes, and mnq. In 3 weeks my paper account is up $10k with $3k commissions due to all the testing I have been doing for over 6 months on my paper trade.

I have had losing individual trades but every time I have been able to recover those losses and end up green on every position I closed out by the end of the day.

Autofib with configurable aggregation.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...icator-for-thinkorswim.14/page-16#post-105569
Can some
Hi Christopher, I have started to use the TS_Analysis Strategy and scalper upper with the Short and Long targets. they both seem to be working well with a slight preference to the scalper upper for scalping. Are we not able to modify the open and close time to account the futures trading hours to be able to use it for after RTH?
Hi, Can you share the links to download the TS_Analysis Strategy and scalper upper

Looks like a bearish trend continuation. Month chart very handy for determining the overall trend and most profitable positions.
g0vBSDa.png

Reactions: rfb
so if i want to do long trades only, it looks to me like the strategy report is counting both long and short trades, eventho the status bar at the top only reflects long trades. the floating p/l also shows both long and short. thoughts?

eoiMbUu.png

so if i want to do long trades only, it looks to me like the strategy report is counting both long and short trades, eventho the status bar at the top only reflects long trades. the floating p/l also shows both long and short. thoughts?

eoiMbUu.png
Hi @floydddd,
The labels at the top are made to show both sides of the trade to show the trader where the strategy is having the most success. If you change the order type in the settings, the floating p/l will reflect those changes, If you want long trades only, then you will want to change to buy to open and sell to close. This should fix your floating p/l and the strategy report for you. The labels however, will always reflect both sides of the trade. I hope this helps!

@Christopher84 Do you have a scanner for the TS Analysis Strategy? If so, I cannot locate it.
Hi @METAL,
Here's a scan I just put together https://tos.mx/QQd2Tma. It is set to find short positions on the 1 hour chart. The settings can be altered in the scan settings to find long positions. Also note that the settings are still geared toward the same ones I use for the /es 1 hour chart (this can also be adjusted in the setting if you desire). One last note, the scans use extended hours. Sorry for all of the caveats, I hope you find it useful. I will make it available on page 1 of the thread if it's found to work well. Your feedback is welcome!

Hey Chris, thank you for the amazing work you shared with the community. Just wondering if you have a custom watchlist column color for the Ehlers MAMA...any guidance will be greatly appreciated
Hi @nktkobby,
Here's a WL column that I just put together using Ehlers MAMA https://tos.mx/VnfcGrz . It will turn green when price is above MAMA and red when price is below MAMA. I hope you find this useful. Happy trading!!

Last edited:
Hi @METAL,
Here's a scan I just put together https://tos.mx/QQd2Tma. It is set to find short positions on the 1 hour chart. The settings can be altered in the scan settings to find long positions. Also note that the settings are still geared toward the same ones I use for the /es 1 hour chart (this can also be adjusted in the setting if you desire). One last note, the scans use extended hours. Sorry for all of the caveats, I hope you find it useful. I will make it available on page 1 of the thread if it's found to work well. Your feedback is welcome!
Awesome. Thank you so much. I actually bought a Swing trade using the 30 min, 15 Min, and 1hr TS_Analysis. It worked perfectly. Actually still working. I bought a put for CVX at open today.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
313 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back