Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Hi @Christopher84, thanks for all your effort creating these great indicators. I'm trying out Scalper_Upper_v3, and I noticed that every time it alerts a trade then change the open position, like repainting the open position. Is it normal? or I have to adjust something. Thank you in advance.

Hi @Christopher84, thanks for all your effort creating these great indicators. I'm trying out Scalper_Upper_v3, and I noticed that every time it alerts a trade then change the open position, like repainting the open position. Is it normal? or I have to adjust something. Thank you in advance.
Hi @pfrede,
As stated, on page 1 of the thread, “One word of caution, this is an MTF study that can repaint.” The repainting will occur until the highest aggregate timeframe is closed. I would recommend using this indicator in conjunction with other non-repainting indicators such as C3_Max. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Can you share the script/code for EMAD_Lower plots?

Can you share the script/code for PLD and EMAD_Lower plots?

http://tos.mx/J6mE27i - PLD Study (not strategy) (only changed displacement to -5)(and a useless label)

http://tos.mx/PLDh5Tf - EMAD only changed settings to 22,100, 55 (and added a mostly useless label)

I have not been using the settings 22,100,55 anymore been using the original as I decided it wasnt really telling me anything new but may help at times

http://tos.mx/J6mE27i - PLD Study (not strategy) (only changed displacement to -5)(and a useless label)

http://tos.mx/PLDh5Tf - EMAD only changed settings to 22,100, 55 (and added a mostly useless label)

I have not been using the settings 22,100,55 anymore been using the original as I decided it wasnt really telling me anything new but may help at times
If you look at the screenshots you can see the settings just above the lower

https%3A//i.imgur.com/Oppvevm.png[/img]']
Oppvevm.png

Those previously OB/OS lines are so good people (dashed green line - I believe should act as a support level and is rejected)

The month chart makes it much easier to see trend and potential support and resistance levels. I'm still enjoying the performance on the 1 hour chart with nearly a 51% win rate. Makes it extremely easy to ride the trend. Happy trading everyone!
F2wnsDh.png

The month chart makes it much easier to see trend and potential support and resistance levels. I'm still enjoying the performance on the 1 hour chart with nearly a 51% win rate. Makes it extremely easy to ride the trend. Happy trading everyone!
F2wnsDh.png
I'll give this a shot! Is this your main trading setup at the moment? Have you had more success with this vs the 3/15 setup you posted earlier? Will you go long when your 1 hour shows a buy, or are you only shorting at this time until the C3_Max shows a green arrow?

Also - in the TS9 settings - if I'm trading SPY, should 'trade daytime only' be on or off? The winning % changes by about 20% if you change it to yes.

Last edited:
I'll give this a shot! Is this your main trading setup at the moment? Have you had more success with this vs the 3/15 setup you posted earlier? Will you go long when your 1 hour shows a buy, or are you only shorting at this time until the C3_Max shows a green arrow?

Also - in the TS9 settings - if I'm trading SPY, should 'trade daytime only' be on or off? The winning % changes by about 20% if you change it to yes.
Hi @lolreconlol,
I still use both setups. I utilize the 3min/15min setup is for scalping only, and I only scalp in the direction of the larger trend. This helps me to avoid trying to scalp counter trend in choppy markets which can really be difficult to be profitable. The 1 hour chart averages a trade about every 3 days (however, the current trade has gone 12 days), and it really holds into the trend well. The 1 hour chart is showing enough stability to trade both directions, however I still have a preference for trading the larger trend. I leave daytime only on due to it drastically improving strategy performance and reducing trend noise. Happy trading @lolreconlol!

For those of you watching the more granular timeframes such as the 3 min chart, try TS_v9 with settings of 5, 2.4 and look for entries in line with the larger trend.
X8lhvet.png

Last edited:
Hi @lolreconlol,
I still use both setups. I utilize the 3min/15min setup is for scalping only, and I only scalp in the direction of the larger trend. This helps me to avoid trying to scalp counter trend in choppy markets which can really be difficult to be profitable. The 1 hour chart averages a trade about every 3 days (however, the current trade has gone 12 days), and it really holds into the trend well. The 1 hour chart is showing enough stability to trade both directions, however I still have a preference for trading the larger trend. I leave daytime only on due to it drastically improving strategy performance and reducing trend noise. Happy trading @lolreconlol!
Thanks for the info @Christopher84 ! When would you consider going long? When we break that trend line you drew? When we get a buy signal on the monthly?

Thanks for the info @Christopher84 ! When would you consider going long? When we break that trend line you drew? When we get a buy signal on the monthly?
Hi @lolreconlol,
I will wait until the month chart breaks out of the bearish pattern. However, it is possible to scalp long position on the lower timeframes, the price action can be extremely volatile and difficult to predict (meaning less likely to be profitable). I stick to the trend. That's where the month chart is really useful. It can show you whether you should be looking to buy the dip or sell the rip.

New short position entered this morning on the 1 hour chart. Looking to test support at $3639. Bearish trend continues.
T1cjSxa.png
Hi Christopher-

Yesterday on my /es 1 hour chart for TS-v9 I had the same buy and sell signals that you show above. Today, the signals are gone. See chart below. I didn't think this strategy repainted? Maybe I have an incorrect setting? Code is from page 1.

Thank you.

3pZH71n.jpg

Hi Christopher-

Yesterday on my /es 1 hour chart for TS-v9 I had the same buy and sell signals that you show above. Today, the signals are gone. See chart below. I didn't think this strategy repainted? Maybe I have an incorrect setting? Code is from page 1.

Thank you.

3pZH71n.jpg
Hi @bradolson,
I see it on my chart as well. This strategy should not repaint. It's based on the close price of the candle and once closed it should not change. I am trying to figure out what happened. I hope to know more soon.

The bearish pattern continues. It has been over a decade since the averages on this timeframe have crossed down. Keep an eye on the higher timeframe and trade accordingly. Happy trading and have great weekend!
6P40jBl.png

@Christopher been using your indicator with some success. Have a question about the EMAD range, when the cloud line is approaching the white line, does it indicate we are approaching a support area?
Hi @alexsmith3546,
Great question! Yes it can represent potential support and/or resistance lines. Breaking through those levels is indicative of a trend with significant momentum. I hope this helps!

Hi @alexsmith3546,
Here is a great illustration regarding your question from last week. Price reverted toward the average when EMAD Range hit the white line on the month chart.
8jVnsQD.png
F2wnsDh.png
Hi Christopher, I have started to use the TS_Analysis Strategy and scalper upper with the Short and Long targets. they both seem to be working well with a slight preference to the scalper upper for scalping. Are we not able to modify the open and close time to account the futures trading hours to be able to use it for after RTH?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
494 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back