Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

I think your observation is right on point. Using the lower Confirmation study with the PLD_Bands is a fantastic idea.

Appreciate the fast response ... thank you! I think if you try plotting a lower histo, you will see how it paints such a nice picture of the price action. The label provides a beautiful clean layout....and I love that...but the histo has become a staple I depend on now.

Nice scalp this morning with the PLD as price pushed up and through T1 on the 3 min chart.
eUdzRTw.png
how does the FloatingPL works at the bottom.? thanks

Hi Madhu,
For stocks, you will need to change mult to 1 instead of 50. Displace can be adjusted to fit the asset and timeframe you are trading to optimize your results.
Hey Chris, Thanks again for all of your time and effort. What exactly does the displace do? Is there a setting that should be "typical" for stocks/options? Also, for the Mult, Mine was at 1000 as default. This should be 1 for stocks? just making sure. Thanks again. Going to do some testing with this one.

@Christopher84 I cannot get a profit at all with this Strat. I must have something set wrong. I changed the displace from -1 to -11 and nothing changed. I changed Multi from 3 up to 1000 using varying intervals. This is OnDemand. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

ksgYLE1.jpg

@Christopher84, your scalper is still golden in my book!:love: Wanted to post this 2 min GC chart to show why I like your consensus as a histogram. After price closed above the C3 and VWAP, consensus was decidedly positive but not as high as I wanted. Don't know if you can see it in the pic, but consensus climbed gradually to 100% over a couple candles and stayed there. It's easier for me to appreciate what consensus is doing when I can see it graphically even though I like how the label keeps the chart clean. Seeing it consistently at 100% candle after candle helped me stay in the trade. Thank you again for sharing your indicators with us! Best wishes and happy trading :)

Nice chart conversion! Would you be able to share the link to this? Thank you!

@Christopher84, your scalper is still golden in my book!:love: Wanted to post this 2 min GC chart to show why I like your consensus as a histogram. After price closed above the C3 and VWAP, consensus was decidedly positive but not as high as I wanted. Don't know if you can see it in the pic, but consensus climbed gradually to 100% over a couple candles and stayed there. It's easier for me to appreciate what consensus is doing when I can see it graphically even though I like how the label keeps the chart clean. Seeing it consistently at 100% candle after candle helped me stay in the trade. Thank you again for sharing your indicators with us! Best wishes and happy trading :)

Is this the C3_Max? If not what version are you using?

Trader, Do you mind sharing the lower indicator you are using. I cannot locate it. I searched for Consensus Bias Histogram. Thanks.

great!! how can get this setting? please can you share your charts with me? thanks in advance

I see a lot of communication for confirmation candle, can you please provide the latest revision to confirmation candle?
The latest revision is C3_Max. Top of 1st page of this thread. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

hey @METAL where can i get the consensus lower indicator? look pretty good on the chart, sorry for to many question

Oh..That isn't mine. That is on @Trader Raider 's chart. I also asked him for it. I cannot find it.

@METAL, @FOTM_8888, @majidg

Please accept my apologies for the confusion. All the code I used is found on page one of this thread under Scalper v2. What I did was break up the code into separate indicators (consensus and C3). The only thing I changed was to plot consensus as a histogram on the lower chart instead of a label on the upper chart. My C3 line is the same formula as the one in Scalper v2 ... it just looks different because my chart is a TradeStation chart not a ThinkOrSwim chart.

I do not have a link to share charts because my goal was to convert Scalper v2 for use on TradeStation. If you want a TOS chart similar to mine, then you can load the Scalper v2 code on page1 of this thread. Your consensus will plot as a label not a histogram. Sorry but I lack the skills to make it a histogram on TOS.

@Christopher84, I'm sorry for introducing confusion into your thread :( I was hoping to show you why I find a lower histo more helpful than a label. I'm going back now to delete the image and again, I apologize.

Last edited:
@METAL, @FOTM_8888, @majidg

Please accept my apologies for the confusion. All the code I used is found on page one of this thread under Scalper v2. What I did was break up the code into separate indicators (consensus and C3). The only thing I changed was to plot consensus as a histogram on the lower chart instead of a label on the upper chart. My C3 line is the same formula as the one in Scalper v2 ... it just looks different because my chart is a TradeStation chart not a ThinkOrSwim chart.

I do not have a link to share charts because my goal was to convert Scalper v2 for use on TradeStation. If you want a TOS chart similar to mine, then you can load the Scalper v2 code on page1 of this thread. Your consensus will plot as a label not a histogram. Sorry but I lack the skills to make it a histogram on TOS.

@Christopher84, I'm sorry for introducing confusion into your thread :( I was hoping to show you why I find a lower histo more helpful than a label. I'm going back now to delete the image and again, I apologize.
Trader, Thanks a lot man. That is a pretty cool way to use the consensus label.

@Christopher84 is there a scanner that looks for red candles in a green channel or green candles in a red channel? I thought I seen it somewhere on the thread but I do not see it anymore. Thank you.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
483 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back