Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Hi @Christopher84 . I've followed your work here. Impressive. Thank you for sharing. With regard to the /ES strategies, including the newest 'pld_bands', is there a setup that has shown particular promise? For example, in an earlier May post after release of 'TS_strategy', you mentioned you liked it when the 15min and lower timeframe (3min) were in sync. Curious if more recent wisdom has revealed other promising setups? Cheers.

Hi @Christopher84 . I've followed your work here. Impressive. Thank you for sharing. With regard to the /ES strategies, including the newest 'pld_bands', is there a setup that has shown particular promise? For example, in an earlier May post after release of 'TS_strategy', you mentioned you liked it when the 15min and lower timeframe (3min) were in sync. Curious if more recent wisdom has revealed other promising setups? Cheers.
Hi @mkwalsh,
I still like to look for agreement between the 3 min and 15 min timeframes for scalping with the PLD_Bands. It helps to keep me on the right side of the trade and avoid choppy unprofitable setups.

@Christopher84 thank you so much for your wonderful indicator. I have been using it for some day trades and have gone 5/5 using the 5 and 15 min time frames for confirmation on entries. I have just one question, what is the percentage in yellow in the image. Thanks for all your work that you are sharing with this community for free. Truly appreciate it!

@Christopher84 thank you so much for your wonderful indicator. I have been using it for some day trades and have gone 5/5 using the 5 and 15 min time frames for confirmation on entries. I have just one question, what is the percentage in yellow in the image. Thanks for all your work that you are sharing with this community for free. Truly appreciate it!

Hello, I have few questions. New here:
1. Which version are you using?
2. What is your strategy on entry and exit?

Thank you so much, I have been struggling with my trading. May be this will help me. I will start paper trading with your strategy once you break it down. Again, thank you!
Hi @Kislayakanan,
I have been enjoying the combo of TS_v9 15min chart and PLD_Bands 3min chart. You might want to check it out. Look for agreement in the strategies between the two timeframes. Happy trading!
cAAxBlh.png

Hi Christopher84, thank you for all the hard work and for sharing with everyone. I really enjoy reviewing and analyzing every post. You have helped so many individuals with their trading. I see most people use a 5, 15, 30 min chart, but working full time I really do not have this luxury to trade this way. I’ve been able to adjust some of the settings with the C#_MAX_v2 for using a 4 hour or Day chart but this is just my attempt to make something work. Probably a crazy question, but do you happen to have any suggestions on either what indicator would work better or any modifications that would work for a 4 hour and or Day Chart? Again, thank you!

Chris, Is there one of the strategy's you would use for only SPY? 1-5-15 minute chart style I have basing off the 1st chart on page 1 TY!!
Hi @sean1970ss,
The combo of TS_v9 15min chart and PLD_Bands 3min chart with after market hours off seems to work well on SPY. Be sure to change the "mult" setting from 50 to 1 for SPY. Hope this helps!
HAkEVbY.png

Hi Christopher84, thank you for all the hard work and for sharing with everyone. I really enjoy reviewing and analyzing every post. You have helped so many individuals with their trading. I see most people use a 5, 15, 30 min chart, but working full time I really do not have this luxury to trade this way. I’ve been able to adjust some of the settings with the C#_MAX_v2 for using a 4 hour or Day chart but this is just my attempt to make something work. Probably a crazy question, but do you happen to have any suggestions on either what indicator would work better or any modifications that would work for a 4 hour and or Day Chart? Again, thank you!
Hi @RDJ,
I definitely understand where you are coming from. I used to love swing trading 4 hour charts but recent conditions haven't been as favorable for that style. I was looking at TS v9 on TSLA 30 min chart (note "mult" would need to be changed to 1 in the settings). The trades on this timeframe can last several days, which may work for what you are wanting to do (as long as you were getting reliable notifications). Just some food for thought.
V19IWdD.png

Hi @sean1970ss,
The combo of TS_v9 15min chart and PLD_Bands 3min chart with after market hours off seems to work well on SPY. Be sure to change the "mult" setting from 50 to 1 for SPY. Hope this helps!
HAkEVbY.png
Chris do I apply the PLD bands to the an existing chart for the 3min? I copied it from the 1st page and when applied to a clean script nothing happens. I did use the link for the 15min chart you posted here for @FOTM_8888

Hi @RDJ,
I definitely understand where you are coming from. I used to love swing trading 4 hour charts but recent conditions haven't been as favorable for that style. I was looking at TS v9 on TSLA 30 min chart (note "mult" would need to be changed to 1 in the settings). The trades on this timeframe can last several days, which may work for what you are wanting to do (as long as you were getting reliable notifications). Just some food for thought.
V19IWdD.png
Hi Christopher84, I will see how this lines up with the B4 and a couple of my other indicators. Again, thank you so much for all your time, information, indicators and knowledge. You have put a ton on time into this. I would love to see another YouTube vid some time 😊

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
347 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back