Confirmation Candles Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Christopher84

VIP
Hello Christopher, first I want to thank you for building such a wonderful indicator! It has really helped me become a better trader. I am reaching out because I am having an issue with the confirmation levels being generated from the "Confirmation Level Watchlist". The values being generated are not matching up at all with the actual "Confirmation Candles V.10" indicators confirmation level label that appears on the chart.

Just to confirm I have the following upper and lower CC Indicators and corresponding Confirmation Level watchlist versions on my charts:

1: Confirmation Candles V.10 - From Page 1 of this thread
2: Confirmation Candles Lower V.10 - From Page 1 of this thread
3: Confirmation Level Watchlist developed 04/15/2021 - From Page 1 of this thread

My chart is set to 3M:1D (extended hours is ON) and I have the Confirmation Level Watchlist Set to Day. When I pulled up the S&P 100 this evening for example and scrolled through the Confirmation Level watchlist and looked at the corresponding chart label here are some of the miss readings I am getting:

TSLA: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 12 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 13
BK: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 10 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 12
SBUX: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 2 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 3
IBM: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 3 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 5
MET: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 4 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 6
GM: Watchlist shows Confirmation Level 10 Chart Label shows Confirmation Level 13

I have tried everything to get the values to align but nothing seems to be matching up. I changed the aggregation on both the watchlist and the chart during todays trading session and again nothing was matching up. If I had 1Day 30min on my chart and had the watchlist set to 30min or even Day same issue. I deleted the code and re-installed it but that didn't help either. I also changed the Confirmation Factor on the indicator itself and played with a few different settings and that wasn't working either so I am at a complete loss. I am not an expert coder at all but also checked the code in the watchlist to see if I needed to change an aggregation period or time frame but didn't see anything so I am at a complete loss at what I might be doing wrong. Any help you can give here would be very appreciated and I apologize in advance if I am miss understanding something and everything is working the way it should.

Thanks Again for an Awesome Indicator and take care!
Hi @SEPTrader!
Thank you for the detailed question. In order to get the WL column to work, I had to omit a few of the studies. Otherwise the code is too complex for ToS to run. Although the Confirmation Level is slightly different between the WL and the actual indicator, you will find the indications on the WL column to still be extremely similar to the OB/OS indications that you see on your chart. Another thing to note is that when the column reads equal to or greater than 7, it generally indicates a green candle on the chart and numbers below 7 are generally red candles. I am really glad you are enjoying the indicators! Happy trading!

mkr21

Hi @SEPTrader!
Thank you for the detailed question. In order to get the WL column to work, I had to omit a few of the studies. Otherwise the code is too complex for ToS to run. Although the Confirmation Level is slightly different between the WL and the actual indicator, you will find the indications on the WL column to still be extremely similar to the OB/OS indications that you see on your chart. Another thing to note is that when the column reads equal to or greater than 7, it generally indicates a green candle on the chart and numbers below 7 are generally red candles. I am really glad you are enjoying the indicators! Happy trading!
@Christopher84
Just curious, what does colors represent in this watch list column?

Also, do you have any pro versions of your indicators?

Last edited: