Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

I added the Confirmation Candles V.10 without a problem. When I add the script for Consensus Confirmation Candles C3 v6, I get this light/dark grey clouds. Any insight would be great, not sure if I did something wrong or put the wrong code in:

12452[/ATTACH]']
xUi3v3W.png

Attachments

• xUi3v3W.png
    xUi3v3W.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 58
I added the Confirmation Candles V.10 without a problem. When I add the script for Consensus Confirmation Candles C3 v6, I get this light/dark grey clouds. Any insight would be great, not sure if I did something wrong or put the wrong code in:

12458[/ATTACH]']
xUi3v3W.png
Hi @ribitzki21490,
What you are seeing is the Ichimoku Cloud. It can be set to "no" in settings to turn it off.

Attachments

• xUi3v3W.png
    xUi3v3W.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 56
Will do! Feel free to get in touch with me on discord as well.

Hello Christopher, I think I got things right. Love for you peek at my Workspace. Any suggestion would be welcome. Primarly I am interested in tightening the levels in order get fewer and better signals. As is it confusing with do many signals. Can this be done?

I saved image to desktop, but this wants a URL: No idea how

Ok, here we go:
2021-11-20-TOS-CHARTS.png
https://ibb.co/zNzbwpj

Last edited:
Hello Christopher, I think I got things right. Love for you peek at my Workspace. Any suggestion would be welcome. Primarly I am interested in tightening the levels in order get fewer and better signals. As is it confusing with do many signals. Can this be done?

You should sign up with imgbb.com , once you upload pictures you will get a URL which you can post pictures here . I just learned that few days ago lol

Last edited:
@Christopher84 for the MTF Moving Average Lower how do I scan for price crossing above the daily and weekly averages, for an uptrend and below for a downtrend.

thanks

Last edited:
Hi @Christopher84 how do I do that? I tried using the indicator but, the code was to complex.
@WOLVES here try this https://tos.mx/WR2AMfi. This will scan for price being greater than both the day and week 10 ema. Here is a scan I shared previously that tries to identify when both averages are pointing upward and the day ema is about to cross above the week ema https://tos.mx/Ef2UZec. It's not perfect. As you noted, the code is too complex to scan so this is my best approximation. Happy trading!

Ok, here we go:
2021-11-20-TOS-CHARTS.png
https://ibb.co/zNzbwpj
Finally had success with image, again thank you for your review and suggestiions

Finally had success with image, again thank you for your review and suggestiions
Hi @danjoh,
There are some really useful studies in your setup. The first thing that stands out to me is that you have some repetitiveness in the overall set. Your screen space is valuable and avoiding repetitive information is helpful. I personally don’t use lower studies very often. That’s why I developed labels on the most current version of C3. RSI is already in the C3 study set. OB and OS indications are shown by the labels. Another thing to consider is, using Buy the Dip on a higher time frame chart(it can catch larger swings). Another thing I like is stacking two different time frame charts (for instance day and 4 hour or day and 30 min). It’s imperative to assess the strength of an asset on a higher timeframe before jumping in on lower timeframes. It helps prevent whiplash as well as improve entries and exits. I hope that helps!

Hi @danjoh,
There are some really useful studies in your setup. The first thing that stands out to me is that you have some repetitiveness in the overall set. Your screen space is valuable and avoiding repetitive information is helpful. I personally don’t use lower studies very often. That’s why I developed labels on the most current version of C3. RSI is already in the C3 study set. OB and OS indications are shown by the labels. Another thing to consider is, using Buy the Dip on a higher time frame chart(it can catch larger swings). Another thing I like is stacking two different time frame charts (for instance day and 4 hour or day and 30 min). It’s imperative to assess the strength of an asset on a higher timeframe before jumping in on lower timeframes. It helps prevent whiplash as well as improve entries and exits. I hope that helps!
Thank you very much. I have a tendency to overdo charts and get caught in analysts paralysis. Your suggestions are well taken. Appreciate your time.

I had ask this a few days ago and may have missed a response. Apologies for asking again.

I am wondering if there might be a way to strengthen the criteria for the Confirmation Level Candles to produce a fewer less arrows? Without zooming way in there are just too many for me to make sense of it all. I think fewer arrows might also strengthen the signals reliability. I don't day trade much.

I had ask this a few days ago and may have missed a response. Apologies for asking again.

I am wondering if there might be a way to strengthen the criteria for the Confirmation Level Candles to produce a fewer less arrows? Without zooming way in there are just too many for me to make sense of it all. I think fewer arrows might also strengthen the signals reliability. I don't day trade much.
Hi @danjoh,
The reason you are getting so many arrows is due to you utilizing a one minute chart. The lower the timeframe the more signals you will get. Also, the signals on lower timeframes are far less potent. If you don’t day trade much, maybe consider swing trading a 4 hour chart for fewer signals that are more significant. I hope that helps. Happy Thanksgiving!

@Christopher84 I hope all is well.
I want to thank you again for sharing your work with community.
Your C3 indicator is the state-of-art tool that can be used for trading any strategy!
In preparation for the 2022 trading days,
Do you have plans to make further updates to a current public version?
Do you plan on releasing new tools that can be used along with C3?

Happy Holidays,
GCS

@Christopher84 I hope all is well.
I want to thank you again for sharing your work with community.
Your C3 indicator is the state-of-art tool that can be used for trading any strategy!
In preparation for the 2022 trading days,
Do you have plans to make further updates to a current public version?
Do you plan on releasing new tools that can be used along with C3?

Happy Holidays,
GCS
Thank you so much for the kind words! I have many things I have been working on over the last several months that I am planning on sharing this coming year. I will be sure to keep you posted when they are released. Happy trading GCS! And Happy Holidays to you as well!🙂

@Christopher84 thanks for these indicators. A few questions regarding the Confirm level and the MACD OB/OS for the watchlist. Do they have to be used together? Also, what do the numbers from 0 to 13 mean on the Confirm Level? I apologize if it was already asked in this thread but it's a lot to go through.

@Christopher84 thanks for these indicators. A few questions regarding the Confirm level and the MACD OB/OS for the watchlist. Do they have to be used together? Also, what do the numbers from 0 to 13 mean on the Confirm Level? I apologize if it was already asked in this thread but it's a lot to go through.
You can check page 1, posts 16 & 17 and page 5, post 100 for more information related to your question. Hope this help.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
439 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back