Confirmation Candles Indicator for ThinkorSwim

PapaTinnnnn

@Christopher84 I've been watching the video you've made and am trying to go through all the comments about your master piece, love it so far! i'm trying to get used to watching it during the market hours so I can better recognize entry points in real time. Wish me luck! I'll comment back if there are any questions! I'm sure some of them will already be answered if I just read back.

Miami51961

VIP
This question might have been asked before, but using the confirmation clouds, is there any possible way to scan for when the cloud goes from red to green and vice versa. Or possibly price goes above the could etc., if this question has been answered before, I apologize.
Thanks for any help
miami553

Khahuy12

VIP
You definitely had a nice setup there! Is the second lower study an MTF Accumulation Swing Index? It seems to run in tandem with the candles. Looks great! Also, as a side note, the clouded zones that I mentioned in my previous post yesterday work extremely well for calling out reversals on that timeframe. I’m working on a code for signals that you may really like.

Khahuy12

VIP
I think the best idea is to give you the components of the scan so you are able to setup instead of relying on the share link. So here are the codes I am using to do the scan with images to show my settings.
Code:
# MTF Moving Average Cloud Scan Day (For Scan Only)

declare lower;
input length = 10;
input agperiod1 = {"1 min", "2 min", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", "30 min", "1 hour", "4 hours", default "Day", "Week"};
#input agperiod2 = {"1 min", "2 min", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", "30 min", "1 hour", "4 hours", "Day", default "Week"};

plot avg1 = ExpAverage(close(period = agperiod1), length);
def height = avg1 - avg1[length];
avg1.SetStyle(Curve.SHORT_DASH);
avg1.SetLineWeight(1);
#avg.SetDefaultColor(Color.Gray);
plot UP1 = avg1[1] < avg1;
def DOWN1 = avg1[1] > avg1;
Avg1.AssignValueColor(if UP1 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN1 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

#plot avg2 = ExpAverage(close(period = agperiod2), length);
#def height2 = avg2 - avg2[length];
#avg2.SetStyle(Curve.SHORT_DASH);
#avg2.SetLineWeight(1);

#def UP2 = avg2[1] < avg2;
#def DOWN2 = avg2[1] > avg2;
#Avg2.AssignValueColor(if UP2 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN2 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

plot price1 = close;
def UP3 = price1[1] < price1;
def DOWN3 = price1[1] > price1;
price1.AssignValueColor(if UP3 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN3 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

#AddCloud(avg2, avg1, Color.LIGHT_RED, Color.CURRENT);
#AddCloud(avg1, avg2, Color.LIGHT_GREEN, Color.CURRENT);
YV9bL9B.png

Xr7InFZ.png

Here's the MA Week scan component.
Code:
# MTF Moving Average Cloud (For Week Scan Only)

declare lower;
input length = 10;
#input agperiod1 = {"1 min", "2 min", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", "30 min", "1 hour", "4 hours", default "Day", "Week"};
input agperiod2 = {"1 min", "2 min", "5 min", "10 min", "15 min", "30 min", "1 hour", "4 hours", "Day", default "Week"};

#plot avg1 = ExpAverage(close(period = agperiod1), length);
#def height = avg1 - avg1[length];
#avg1.SetStyle(Curve.SHORT_DASH);
#avg1.SetLineWeight(1);
#def UP1 = avg1[1] < avg1;
#def DOWN1 = avg1[1] > avg1;
#Avg1.AssignValueColor(if UP1 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN1 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

plot avg2 = ExpAverage(close(period = agperiod2), length);
def height2 = avg2 - avg2[length];
avg2.SetStyle(Curve.SHORT_DASH);
avg2.SetLineWeight(1);
avg2.SetDefaultColor(Color.Gray);

plot UP2 = avg2[1] < avg2;
def DOWN2 = avg2[1] > avg2;
Avg2.AssignValueColor(if UP2 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN2 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

plot price1 = close;
def UP3 = price1[1] < price1;
def DOWN3 = price1[1] > price1;
price1.AssignValueColor(if UP3 then Color.LIGHT_GREEN else if DOWN3 then Color.RED else Color.YELLOW);

#AddCloud(avg2, avg1, Color.LIGHT_RED, Color.CURRENT);
#AddCloud(avg1, avg2, Color.LIGHT_GREEN, Color.CURRENT);
xbKr3Cm.png

Here are the results of my scan this morning.
R68x7eC.png

Let me know if you have any trouble setting it up. I had to break the code up a bit due to it being an MTF indicator.
Hey Chris can you us how to do it on the short side? I don't know why but I have problem seting this up for short. Thank you

Miami51961

VIP
Hey Christopher84
Keep working on your indicator and really like it more and more. For me, I find the RED candles in a green zone, with consensus increasing a great buy opportunity. I also use the market phase in my watch column to hone in on only bullish stocks or the accumulation phase. It's been pretty good lately.
Again thanks for the hard workMiami553

PapaTinnnnn

@Christopher84 I literally, on and off, have spent a couple of days reading, re-reading all 42 pages of all the comments and golden nuggets that you, @Trader Raider and many others have helped provide insight for. I just want to give a HUGE thanks to all that have contributed to this amazing indicator! I have been applying it as I was going through it testing it here and there live, but am confident that in due time it will help me become a consistently profitable trader! Cheers! I'll definitely be posting more on here for more insight and fine tuning for this as I progress in using this!

mkr21

@PapaTinnnnn
I am reading this thread from last three days. Since there are so many updates, comments and changes.. I am not able to keep track of what is the latest script for this indicator.. Could you please point me to the page# or post#...

any one please help...

s1111

@PapaTinnnnn
I am reading this thread from last three days. Since there are so many updates, comments and changes.. I am not able to keep track of what is the latest script for this indicator.. Could you please point me to the page# or post#...

any one please help...
# (Consensus Confirmation Candles) C3 v6
# Conformation candles v10 are the latest

I personally use cc candles v6.

mkr21

Hello @Christopher84
I am new to stocks trading. After going thru this thread, I just felt like your indicators are just awesome. It seems, based on other experienced traders comments, you made lot of changes. Thanks so much for all your hard work and sharing it back to community..

Is the video on the page1 the latest one which covers latest versions of the indicators? If not, is it possible for you to make a quick video on your C3 indicator, confirmation candles, MTF scan, watchlist? I am pretty sure, there are lot, but I am just typing few which sounds like lot of people talked about... A video or some instructions will definitely help new traders. If you already have some instructions written up, Is it possible for you to share?

It's just an ask, please ignore if not possible.

Miami51961

VIP
Hello @Christopher84
I am new to stocks trading. After going thru this thread, I just felt like your indicators are just awesome. It seems, based on other experienced traders comments, you made lot of changes. Thanks so much for all your hard work and sharing it back to community..

Is the video on the page1 the latest one which covers latest versions of the indicators? If not, is it possible for you to make a quick video on your C3 indicator, confirmation candles, MTF scan, watchlist? I am pretty sure, there are lot, but I am just typing few which sounds like lot of people talked about... A video or some instructions will definitely help new traders. If you already have some instructions written up, Is it possible for you to share?

It's just an ask, please ignore if not possible.
I'm the image below; this is one of the more powerful things to look for. It's mentioned in the video, and it is an excellent signal. Just time your entry and look for the consensus coming off the bottom. It has been one of my most consistent and profitable plays. Patience is key. Develop a watch list and keep looking for this setup. RED CANDLES IN A GREEN CHANNEL.
wPw9j8C.png

yellowfin36cc

VIP
Here's a link for the lower study that goes with it.
PH1ZuhG.png

https://tos.mx/f3WKPTt
Hello Christopher, your studies are really amazing. I'm in the learning phase and don't have any experience with coding so hopefully this isn't a silly question. I've notice on your charts there are hollow candles mixed in with the solids that never appear on my charts. Can you tell me why I'm not seeing those on my charts and what signals do they represent? thanks for all the hard work you have put in these studies.