Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Hi HODL,

Is it possible to add divergence to EMAD lower indicator?
I am attempting to accomplish that however it is proving to be extremely difficult to obtain consistent indications - the divergence is not absolutely essential Emad hitting the top or bottom line then making a LH or HL is makes for great entry confirmation - though it is always important to understand before entry if you are trading against the trend or with the trend and exit accordingly.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Sorry I am new to this and have tried some versions of C3 Max indicators and still need to get a hang of these. Is there a tutorial on what each label means? @Christopher84 @HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! - Thank you for so many variations, would you be able to help me with picking a version or variation that helps with trading SPY/QQQ scalping? I tried 3m variation for scalping but wasn't very successful. Cheers.
There are many screenshots in which I show what the labels mean just search my name and look through the screenshots... All labels (except "wins") are either bullish bearish or neutral | green red or gray so for now just focus on the colors - I do not really care what the labels say to be honest but they provide a quick reference to price action and trend direction at a glance.

Use the most recent link I shared a few posts above this one... (NOT the MTF one)

Here you go: http://tos.mx/lnyJSlh (use this one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok hopefull one of the last updates... doubt it though haha... ok so there are still 3 aggregations of TS_V9 but I have fixed some of the filter issues and combined them all into one arrow with one label the results are looking good - this is a 180 day 5min and 30 day 1 min chart... all arrows are cyan because the higher aggregations filter the lower based on PREVIOUS higher aggregation signals and thus will not (should not) repaint.. and as in the few before there are less signals to exit the trade so risk off people!

http://tos.mx/KjyRcBx

I know I know seriously this is the last update! https://tos.mx/FYO9XA0 This link is the same except the spark arrows are filtered also ((compare screenshots))

IWoVOaO.png

just noticed i did not finish the sentence on the chart haha... Notice that the 5 min is bearish - you do not need to see an arrow as one plotted previously which is circled - anyway knowing the 5min is bearish any bounce up on the one min chart would be "confirmed" entry in my book... however when candles reach a demand zone with the light green line inside I may consider risking off however, that is the one min chart so the higher timeframe can help keep you in the trade but risking off is never a bad idea.

BHlPXlU.png

Last edited:
thanks for the work. I tried an older version of this and noticed the arrows repaint. Will try your updated version from Wed.

thanks for the work. I tried an older version of this and noticed the arrows repaint. Will try your updated version from Wed.
Thank you. Yes on the older version the arrows white and orange (or magenta) arrows would re-paint until the bar for the higher aggregation it represents closes where as the filter is now using previously plotted higher ag signals which is why I changed to just the one plot... that being said there is certainly a potential for repaint in some cases but I have not noticed any issues.

Hi Folks,
Do you have any document or post about How to use this indicator ? and it would be great if have any legand to understand words like agg 2 and spart etc ?

rMyef1v.png

watch lower TF for bounce at EMAD zero line (the lower line has been stepping up) * look at the previous EMAD bounce off the bottom line and how compressed the ema's are and how many times they turn over where as the real bounce entries the gap between the ema's is wider and more consistent - can help you avoid a bad entry * (the EMAD ema cross up then down was the real LH entry for this method)

TgJ7HwM.png

now look at the higher TF EMAD at zero... may bounce but if lower TF starts to wrap it can indicate continuation to the downside... also notice the EMAD on the higher TF lower line previously stepped down

GsXwLBA.png

CxrEWGg.png

SHEEEESH! EMAD-gic right there... my goodness.

KMPxmpg.png

Last edited:
Hi Folks,
Do you have any document or post about How to use this indicator ? and it would be great if have any legand to understand words like agg 2 and spart etc ?
Good sir… some such posts exist… about 7,394 of them. If you search my name you will find them… the basic plot is the same on all of them with a few differences. Start with the most recent screenshots - I have many posts explaining briefly and in detail entry methods and whatnot. Agg 2 means aggregation two as in the second timeframe the indicator uses to show the indications from a higher timeframe chart while viewing the lower timeframe chart.

Ignore labels that confuse you or just look at the colors.

http://tos.mx/clppbHd

So... an update... I have made some changes concerning the labels as to avoid any unnecessary confusion. Previously there were two labels very similar one from "the big 4" study label: "bullish" and the other from Bull Bear V5 label: "Very bullish" so I combined the studies and changed to a single label that will show one of the following:

"Bullish"
"Very Bullish"
"CALLS ONLY!

"Bearish"
"Very Bearish"
"PUTS ONLY!

The only other labels the may not be self explanatory are the following:

"MAMA" - The color of this label represents price action - faster reaction than the label mentioned above (if you look at the C3_MF_Line ((the line through the candles that changes green to red)) that if the MAMA label as a line on the chart) (@Christopher84 correct me if Im wrong)

Also changed the "BULL LTB" / "BEAR LTS" to BULL Look to buy / BEAR Look to sell
As for the screenshot to those who may be wondering... yes it works on the daily.

mcGmw5e.png

WqsPAzQ.png

Last edited:
@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! Solid work. How is %wins calculated? From cyan arrow up/down to cyan arrow down/up? (which then logs a "closed order")

Hey thanks, of course 99.9% credit goes to my homeboy @Christopher84 ... that being said he would need to explain that one but I know it takes into account all the settings and whatnot... however, the label that you see only represents the current aggregation which is filtered by the 2nd ag and the 2nd ag is filtered by the third ag (previous signals) that being said the label is fairly accurate however it does not accurately represent every entry yet because I added some things down in the code that I have yet to add to the lines above that would take all the indications into account for the wins percent - working on it though.

Last edited:
EMAD lower study... I added bubbles "Wait for LH / HL" when emas cross down or up off of the top or bottom line for use with the EMAD entry method... however... they are not needed and can produce too many bubbles (I filtered them best I could) but this is mainly an attempt to help some to understand the entry method (of course that is only half the criteria which is why the label says to wait for HL LH)

EMAD study: https://tos.mx/3RXTrfC

Style (all studies) https://tos.mx/VUxfoBv

nUfW9Rl.png

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
482 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back