Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

I tried your latest version from post #2433 and It kept giving me an error report from TOS. Said to restart or continue. If I hit continue, it just kept repeating the error message. I had to remove the study to get this to stop.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Last thing what are the spark 2, spark 3... for? thanks much
Spark 2 and 3 represent “higher timeframes” emas turning over (though they are not coded using a higher aggregation just a longer length representing the 10 and 35 length of higher timeframe charts while viewing a lower timeframe - the lengths adjust as you change to your preferred TF chart)

That being said I personally do not use them at the moment.

Too bad you can't really backtest this due to the repainting..
Maaan you gunna make me loose my testimony @lolreconlol … joking… Load the chart style in my thread Confirmation Trend Chart Setup the TS study included is the most recent.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...chart-setup-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124229

So basically on the previous versions the signals are filtered based on two higher aggregations previous signals - but the higher ag signals would still plot. So I added a setting to show the higher agg signals or not called “filter” (need to rename it haha) - the signals with filter “off” are still filtered but will not show the higher ag signals and should not repaint - though it may be possible I have yet to see it repaint.

So if either higher ag signal is up and the current ag signal is up it will plot the current ag signal and when the bar that signal is on closes it cannot repaint even if the higher ag signal disappears… this is why I added the option to remove the higher ag signals.

Hopefully that makes sense though there will be an explanation with screenshots on the new thread.

I am using TS big 4, I like the signal up and signal down(white candles) is there a way to have an alert sent to phone when they come up?
What are the parameters that causes them to appear?
The other candles don’t come up when using mobile I have noticed.

I am using TS big 4, I like the signal up and signal down(white candles) is there a way to have an alert sent to phone when they come up?
What are the parameters that causes them to appear?
The other candles don’t come up when using mobile I have noticed.
TOS mobile does not support painted candles. I will add an alert and update it on my thread (gunna be a little cause I’m working nights at the moment 12hr days)

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...chart-setup-for-thinkorswim.15257/post-124229

If you had used this today on spy, it wouldn't have shown you the right indicator. You will see the red exhaustion indicators and the trend remains bullish. I'm abandoning ship

@HODL-Lay-HE-hoo! today on SPY on the 5 minute chart at 3:10 PM EST, a cyan candle appeared as the 3:10 PM candle closed. A few minutes later, the cyan down arrow disappeared and changed to an orange candle, and then the market went back up. I thought this didn't repaint once the candle closed?

http://tos.mx/clppbHd

So... an update... I have made some changes concerning the labels as to avoid any unnecessary confusion. Previously there were two labels very similar one from "the big 4" study label: "bullish" and the other from Bull Bear V5 label: "Very bullish" so I combined the studies and changed to a single label that will show one of the following:

"Bullish"
"Very Bullish"
"CALLS ONLY!

"Bearish"
"Very Bearish"
"PUTS ONLY!

The only other labels the may not be self explanatory are the following:

"MAMA" - The color of this label represents price action - faster reaction than the label mentioned above (if you look at the C3_MF_Line ((the line through the candles that changes green to red)) that if the MAMA label as a line on the chart) (@Christopher84 correct me if Im wrong)

Also changed the "BULL LTB" / "BEAR LTS" to BULL Look to buy / BEAR Look to sell
As for the screenshot to those who may be wondering... yes it works on the daily.

mcGmw5e.png

WqsPAzQ.png
Where is the updated script or link? I don't see it on page 1

@METAL - Since I saw you entertaining the API - Auto trade I added a label to that shows what the most recent signal is ie buy or sell: (no I do not auto trade and for anyone that does not this style is nothing new.)

https://tos.mx/dT3KZDS

6M94Iom.png
Thank a bunch. I noticed that the TS is repainting now. I am watching SPY ATM and it is showing the cyan arrow two candle back and it has come and gone and then stayed gone. It was happening 2 candles behind. FYI

Thank a bunch. I noticed that the TS is repainting now. I am watching SPY ATM and it is showing the cyan arrow two candle back and it has come and gone and then stayed gone. It was happening 2 candles behind. FYI
No problem. Thanks for letting me know. Do you have “show higher ag” setting on or off?
Which timeframe were you watching?

Here is the updated TS_V9 watchlist column (without filter as it is not possible in the watchlist column) I added "Last buy/sell" to show the most recent signal and the dark green and dark red "TS " are bars where the signal currently exists...

http://tos.mx/LZbw7Qu

g3gwTq7.png
hi HODL-Lay-HE-hool, I loaded the watchlist link but notting displays after hitting ok and also checked personal under watchlist nothing show name Ts_V9 ..... any help?

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
288 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back