Williams’ VIX Fix Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

also ben i think if you remove the lime candles they are very repeat it, is better just having the cyan,magenta and orange. thanks

I don't think that's a good idea.... We need to know when a downtrend might be arriving at the end... if anything, if there's an option to comment out that specific part, great, but please don't remove that.

The best would be customization to comment out what is not needed -- then it will work on mobile as well

I don't think that's a good idea.... We need to know when a downtrend might be arriving at the end... if anything, if there's an option to comment out that specific part, great, but please don't remove that.

The best would be customization to comment out what is not needed -- then it will work on mobile as well
i agree !! good observation

@FOTM_8888 @ext99k The best way to provide feedback regarding this version would be to use it directly on TradingView and compare it with the ToS version. Let me know what is missing or isn't right (include screenshots), and I'll take a look.

@FOTM_8888 @ext99k The best way to provide feedback regarding this version would be to use it directly on TradingView and compare it with the ToS version. Let me know what is missing or isn't right (include screenshots), and I'll take a look.
hi ben, thank you some much, is works perfectly, ben do you think it is possible to make a scan with the indicator? williams vix fix?

@FOTM_8888 Sure, just add the following snippet to the end of your script:

Code:
plot signal1 = alert4;
signal1.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
signal1.SetDefaultColor(Color.magenta);

plot signal2 = alert3;
signal2.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
signal2.SetDefaultColor(Color.orange);

plot signal3 = ((wvf[1] >= upperBand[1] or wvf[1] >= rangeHigh[1]) and (wvf < upperBand and wvf < rangeHigh));
signal3.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
signal3.SetDefaultColor(Color.cyan);

plot signal4 = (wvf >= upperBand or wvf >= rangeHigh);
signal4.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
signal4.SetDefaultColor(Color.lime);

Watch the video in this thread to see how you can scan for signals.

Last edited:
@FOTM_8888 thank you some much ben.. but i pasted the this code below the actually study. but is give me an error.. can you post the complete indicator with the scan please, i am very new with thinkscript.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FOTM_8888 What was the error?
error cant not called alert bullish #
@FOTM_8888 What was the error?
thank you ben, i am getting this errors after i pasted the code below the study..
No such variable: bullish at 46:1
Can not call SetPaintingStrategy on bullish at 46:1
No such variable: bullish at 47:1
Can not call SetDefaultColor on bullish at 47:1
No such variable: bullish at 50:1
Can not call SetPaintingStrategy on bullish at 50:1
No such variable: bullish at 51:1
Can not call SetDefaultColor on bullish at 51:1
No such variable: bullish at 54:1
Can not call SetPaintingStrategy on bullish at 54:1
No such variable: bullish at 55:1
Can not call SetDefaultColor on bullish at 55:1
No such variable: bullish at 58:1
Can not call SetPaintingStrategy on bullish at 58:1
No such variable: bullish at 59:1
Can not call SetDefaultColor on bullish at 59:1
No such variable: bullish at 46:1
Can not call SetPaintingStrategy on bullish at 46:1

@BenTen I tried the scan but it doesn't work, I think it's because I named the indicator something different, can you please tell us what it should be named for the scan to work? Thanks!

@ext99k You can name the indicator however you like as long as you remember it. Watch the video I linked in my comment above.

Hey,

Does anyone have a script to calculate the "VIX" on a given stock?

I know there are some VIX already for stocks like AMZN (VXAZN), GOOGL (VXGOG) and others, but I'm looking for a way to calculate it for any symbol with options

Thanks!