Williams’ VIX Fix Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

this code: assignPriceColor(if alert4 then Color.ORANGE else if Alert3 then Color.CYAN else Color.WHITE);

@BenTen would be fantastic if you could please update the code! Thanks so much for everything.

Would someone please help out with a scan?! I'd like to scan when the trend bars turn orange and when they turn grey after an orange one, indicating the trend is now over... would really appreciate it having a scan for both options (beginning and ending of a trend). Thank you!

Any chance we could get this to work on mobile?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben the guy on the video, called the magenta and the other candles, aggressive entry.. can you create that one for all of us? really like that one. thank you some much.

hi ben, a quick question, the Williams Vix Fix indicator is only for bottom reversal? i dont see top reversal. thank you ! waiting for you new update on that indicator..

@diazlaz @BenTen

Fix for mobile use:

If you want this to work on mobile (@diazlaz version on page1) so you know when the downtrend has reached the bottom, create a new indicator for the mobile version, comment out the code below by putting # in front of each line

Code:
plot pWVF = wvf;
pWVF.SetPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy = PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
pWVF.SetLineWeight(2);
pWVF.AssignValueColor(if wvf >= upperBand or wvf >= rangeHigh then Color.ORANGE else Color.GRAY);

And paste this code right below:

Code:
#New Code: shows only trend bars
Plot pWVFOrange = if wvf >= rangeHigh or wvf >= upperBand then wvf else double.nan;
Plot pWVFGray = if IsNaN(wvf) then pWVFOrange else double.nan;
pWVFOrange.SetPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy = PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);
pWVFGray.SetPaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy = PaintingStrategy.HISTOGRAM);

On mobile, you can't have two different colors for indicator bars, this removes one of the series that way you'll know when a bottom has been reached on mobile, whereas if you use the indicator as it is, all of the bars are the same color.

Apparently the fix is not technically correct, but it works so until someone else could post the technically correct code, it will work just fine on mobile

Last edited:
thank you ben is looking awesome that indicator, now is missing the orange.. the guy on the video have the cyan for normal signal, magenta for i think moderate and orange for aggressive can you work on the orange please. thank you some much! you are the best!

As I've seen with Daily the magenta does a very good job at identifying bottoms, with a high efficiency...

Could someone please provide a scan for when the Magenta bar is true, that would be fantastic and save an incredible amount of time! Thanks.

ben thanks some much for work on the code, but now i dont see the orange in the new code, can you work on that too also in histogram. thanks

If you choose to help out with histogram, @BenTen, please code it in a way that we could comment out or whatever, a portion, so we could have it working on mobile -- think would be best for us to choose to hide each bar color, magenta, orange, etc. that way we can have those options to code out and show what we need on mobile :) thanks so much. It sounds like a lot of work, I wish I could help out but I am completely useless when it comes to coding. The previous code I provided was from someone helping out at TOS...