VIP
A number of thinkScript features are known to have issues on the mobile apps
  1. Different time aggregations
  2. Bubbles
  3. Labels
  4. Plots between days
  5. Extension area

How to Fix Indicators Not Working on ThinkorSwim App

For Mobile: You must first create the study on TOS desktop. Use a text editor like Notepad++ or other .txt file creator and copy - paste the script at the top of the page. The # symbol is used at the front of each line to "comment out" those lines that won't work. Do same in Thinkscript editor if you would rather. Comment out everything but the bare necessities. Save that as your "StudyName_Mobile" file. The rest is trial and error from my vantage point. Load it on your mobile phone and the settings that should work aught to be on the mobile study set up page. Feel free to call the super secret phone number for help if you get stuck. Most of those people are on top of things.

Last edited:
Tradervic

Tradervic

VIP
Markos or anyone: I thought the TOS mobile app is limited to the crummy studies they have on it. Are you saying we can use the indicators from our TOS desktop on the TOS mobile app? How do we do that? Thanks.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Tradervic That’s correct, only ToS built-in indicators will work on the mobile app. There are exceptions for some custom indicators though. You just have to load it up and see if they work.

H

Hguru

my experience is custom indicators will work just not the ones listed above like vertical lines or labels or bubbles or color changes for slopes and lines and things like that, arrows work lines work most everything works clouds do not work but dots work. it is just trail and error till you get it to look the way you want it too.

L

Likos

2019 Donor
What are your best and if not enjoyable indicators used for TOS app? I wish I can use this on the app but doesn't load unfortunately.

T

twelvester

Arrows on my custom indicator is not showing on mobile

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
Certain ways of plotting may not work on mobile. Often, you'll just have to find other ways to have it do the same thing. For example, using conditions in AssignValueColor to assign color depending on the direction of a plot may not work. In this case, you'll have to have a plot for up and another plot for down and then use SetDefaultColor to defined the color for each direction. Example...

data.AssignValueColor(if data >0 then Color.Green else if data < 0 then Color.RED else Color.GRAY);

So instead of the line above, we may have to do something like...

plot upCond = if(data > 0, data, Double.Nan);
plot dnCond = if(data < 0, data, Double.Nan);
upCond.SetDefaultColor(Color.CYAN);
dnCond.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);

So you may just have to find another method of getting the same result.

T

twelvester

@tradegeek i'm not using conditional for colors. Might be some Mathematical computations. I will comment my code and check line by line.
arrow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_DOWN);
arrow.SetDefaultColor(Color.ORANGE);
arrow.SetLineWeight(5);

T

tradegeek

2019 Donor
@twelvester I was just using that as an example. You probably just have to find another way to get the same resultsz

W

WarrenG

Some of my indicators that have dynamic coloring don't display properly on my Android (Samsung) phone with the TOS mobile app. I would like to get a tablet that displays the indicators correctly. Would a tablet with Windows display my indicators the same as the do on my Windows desktop? Would a Windows tablet allow me to use the TOS drawing tools?