Indicators Not Working in ThinkorSwim Mobile App

I got this code a long time ago, and I don't remember where exactly, probably from YouTube. It displays the 52 week IV High & Low, & Current IV Percentile on the upper chart, but it only works on the desktop app. How can I make it so it'll work on the mobile app too?

declare upper;
input period = AggregationPeriod.DAY ;
#hint period: time period to use for aggregating implied volatility.

input length =252 ;
#hint length: #bars to use in implied volatility calculation.

def ivGapHi = if isnan(imp_volatility(period=period)) then 99999999999 else imp_volatility(period=period);
def ivGapLo = if isnan(imp_volatility(period=period)) then -99999999999 else imp_volatility(period=period);
def periodHigh = highest( ivGapLo,length=length);
def periodLow = lowest( ivGapHi, length=length);
def ivRange = periodHigh - periodLow ;
def ivp = round( 100*(imp_volatility(period=period) - periodLow)/ivRange, 0);

AddLabel(1, Concat("52 Wk High: ", periodHigh), color = Color.Cyan);
AddLabel(2, Concat("52 Wk Low: ", periodLow), color = Color.Cyan);
AddLabel(3, Concat("IV%: ", ivp), color = Color.Cyan);

Last edited:
I got this code a long time ago, and I don't remember where exactly, probably from YouTube. It displays the 52 week IV High & Low, & Current IV Percentile on the upper chart, but it only works on the desktop app. How can I make it so it'll work on the mobile app too?

declare upper;
input period = AggregationPeriod.DAY ;
#hint period: time period to use for aggregating implied volatility.

input length =252 ;
#hint length: #bars to use in implied volatility calculation.

def ivGapHi = if isnan(imp_volatility(period=period)) then 99999999999 else imp_volatility(period=period);
def ivGapLo = if isnan(imp_volatility(period=period)) then -99999999999 else imp_volatility(period=period);
def periodHigh = highest( ivGapLo,length=length);
def periodLow = lowest( ivGapHi, length=length);
def ivRange = periodHigh - periodLow ;
def ivp = round( 100*(imp_volatility(period=period) - periodLow)/ivRange, 0);

AddLabel(1, Concat("52 Wk High: ", periodHigh), color = Color.Cyan);
AddLabel(2, Concat("52 Wk Low: ", periodLow), color = Color.Cyan);
AddLabel(3, Concat("IV%: ", ivp), color = Color.Cyan);
This study doesn't do anything but create labels. TOS does not support labels on their mobile version. So what do you want to see instead????
I moved your post to this thread so you can see what other mobile users are doing.

Hi MerryDay, initially I just wanted to see the IV Rank on my mobile, but I soon realize the mobile app already displays it once I open the options tab. Now I want to have it as a lower study in a histogram format, which shows the IV Rank for each day so I can see if there are any patterns I can use, but I'm clueless as to where to start coding for this. Can you help?
Nevermind, I found what I wanted here https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...nk-percentile-for-thinkorswim.674/#post-69643

I made a simple custom studies for getquantity and getaverageprice and getopenPL on tos desktop using wizard (just chose the function and as value), but it doesn't work on mobile.. Is it because of these functions are not supported on mobile version, or because of the script (should it be more detailed? or there could be alternatives/workaround ways?] ?

I made a simple conditional study in desktop that shows text instead of numbers (.... if close > 1 then "yes" else "no") I used addlabel function but I don't know if I can use another function, it works in desktop watchlist columns but in mobile it shows me (-)

I made a simple custom studies for getquantity and getaverageprice and getopenPL on tos desktop using wizard (just chose the function and as value), but it doesn't work on mobile.. Is it because of these functions are not supported on mobile version, or because of the script (should it be more detailed? or there could be alternatives/workaround ways?] ?
Not sure of the "why" but they do not work.

If it is a burning question for you. Contract ThinkOrSwim Support, come back and let us know the answer.

I made a simple conditional study in desktop that shows text instead of numbers (.... if close > 1 then "yes" else "no") I used addlabel function but I don't know if I can use another function, it works in desktop watchlist columns but in mobile it shows me (-)
Labels of any type used in any module cannot be used in ToS mobile

@Q_Money TOS Mobile won't support support cloud, so you won't get the same look and feel, As for as the indicators they exist already.

STC == Schaff Trend Cycle, if the default parameters are not a match, you can have the setting adjusted to TV settings.

@Q_Money TOS Mobile won't support support cloud, so you won't get the same look and feel, As for as the indicators they exist already.

STC == Schaff Trend Cycle, if the default parameters are not a match, you can have the setting adjusted to TV settings.

I’ve been searching for a support and resistance indicator like the 1 in the picture but I can’t seem to find 1 that displays similarly on tos mobile. Do you have any suggestions? I’ve tried the dynamic support resistance on the main page but on mobile it’s 1 connecting line without breaks.

I’ve been searching for a support and resistance indicator like the 1 in the picture but I can’t seem to find 1 that displays similarly on tos mobile. Do you have any suggestions? I’ve tried the dynamic support resistance on the main page but on mobile it’s 1 connecting line without breaks.
We have only one S&R study on this forum that written for the mobile app. But it won't look like your image:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/...dicator-that-works-with-the-mobile-app.10191/

I tried this script but not what I'm looking for. is there something else that will possibly work on mobile?
Bubbles and Clouds are not a thing for TOS mobile. Instead of saying not what you are looking for, if you would detail out what's missing, somebody might be able to do their best and try and get you as close as possible.

If you are disappointed that no bubbles and Cloud support for TOS mobile, you are not alone.

-S

TOS Mobile App
ToS Mobile does not support custom indicators that utilize vertical lines, labels, bubbles, clouds, color changes for slopes and lines, renko, or multiple timeframes.

It is not possible to print a daily open or price on any timeframe, other than daily. Because the ToS Mobile App is not set up to use multiple timeframes.

Code:
#
# Hull Moving Average Concavity Divergence
#  or
# The Second Derivative of the Hull Moving Average
#
# Author: Seth Urion (Mahsume)
# Version: 2020-02-21 Initial Public
#
# This code is licensed (as applicable) under the GPL v3
#
# ----------------------

declare lower;

input price = HL2;

input HMA_length = 34;
input lookback = 2;

def HMA = HullMovingAvg(length = HMA_length, price = price);

def delta = HMA[1] - HMA[lookback + 1];
def delta_per_bar = delta / lookback;

def next_bar = HMA[1] + delta_per_bar;

def concavity = if HMA > next_bar then 1 else -1;

plot zero = 0;
zero.setdefaultcolor(color.gray);
zero.setpaintingstrategy(PaintingStrategy.DASHES);

plot divergence = displacer(-1, HMA - next_bar);
divergence.setDefaultColor(Color.LIME);
divergence.SetLineweight(2);

plot cx_up = if divergence crosses above zero then 0 else double.nan;
cx_up.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_UP);
cx_up.SetDefaultColor(Color.LIGHT_GREEN);
cx_up.SetLineWeight(5);

plot cx_down = if divergence crosses below zero then 0 else double.nan;
cx_down.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.ARROW_DOWN);
cx_down.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
cx_down.SetLineWeight(5);

Ok, for some reason I cant see the arrows on my android mobile for THIS script but I can for others.
I want to be able to see the arrows, whats wrong?

Side note: sometimes I HAVE to move the indicators to a different panel on my mobile device to see arrows on other scripts.
Whereas my friends dont have to move indicators to see arrows, theirs works fine. WTF
I have the newest android versions and I keep my apps up to date.

If you edit the study on mobile, can you change the plot for cx_up and cx_down to be arrows up and down? sometimes mobile doesn't seem to pay attention to colours and painting strategy settings in the scripts. I have no idea why.

-mashume

Thank you Mr. Seth for the advice and thank you for this script

I tried changing the settings on mobile, I still get the same thing.
I can only change settings on lower panels. I can do histograms, arrows, lines, whatever just fine.

But Nothing will interfere with the upper price panel!!
Scripts can only be shown in lower panels.

I tried changing bar types. I tried everything.
I think this is a question for TD support.

This particular script is intended as a lower study. The values may not work well on an upper price chart depending on the values the study generates and the prices the instrument is trading at.

I have plenty of studies I've authored that work on the upper panel on mobile. I'm not sure what the issue with this one would be. You can change the line "declare lower;" to be "declare upper;" and see what it does, but I can't say the values will work well on the price axis of the upper.

-mashume

I tried declaring upper on them and moving them up on mobile, didnt work.
Nothing is allowed in the mobile upper!
Theres just something wrong with my system. Its not just this script.

Mobile dont do your scripts justice, its so much prettier on the desktop version!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.