Indicators Not Working in ThinkorSwim Mobile App

Ramos

VIP
Did you add the indicator to your mobile app? If you did and it doesn't work, then that's just the limitation of the app. Not much we can do.
Hey Ben thanks for the reply, I never got the chance to add it, it doesn’t come up on the study list,(search box). I guess I’ll have to stick to bringing my laptop around with me. Thank you!

rad14733

VIP
Hey Ben thanks for the reply, I never got the chance to add it, it doesn’t come up on the study list,(search box). I guess I’ll have to stick to bringing my laptop around with me. Thank you!

Nothing wrong with the laptop concept... I could never trade on a mobile device proficiently... I just can see or accomplish enough... It I was a basic swing or long term trader it might suffice but never for scalping or day trading... I can be in four different simultaneous scalps at times and need to be able to make a lot of decisions quickly and accurately... That can only be done with screen real estate... While Limit and Stop Loss orders are set, I still need thee ability to rapidly alter those, especially in the event of an unexpected run or plummet... In short, you'll undoubtedly be a better trader using a Laptop or Desktop PC...

BrianPaul

Hi

I’ve tried 4 different studies and nothing seems to work on the app. Anyone have a prior day close, high, low that projects as a line on current day when looking on any time frame, 1min, 5min, etc? Most of the studies that I’ve saved like this on the app show as a trending line which makes no sense, and not a fixed line on the “app”.
also the fact TOS doesn’t have a standard Daily close line is super suspect as I believe this is the best indicator in trading. They don’t want you know about it. Hahaha

rad14733

VIP
Hi

I’ve tried 4 different studies and nothing seems to work on the app. Anyone have a prior day close, high, low that projects as a line on current day when looking on any time frame, 1min, 5min, etc? Most of the studies that I’ve saved like this on the app show as a trending line which makes no sense, and not a fixed line on the “app”.
also the fact TOS doesn’t have a standard Daily close line is super suspect as I believe this is the best indicator in trading. They don’t want you know about it. Hahaha

I simply can't use the mobile app because it's just too limiting for my trading style... It's just the wrong tool for the job... Some may have different options but I'd challenge them to trade proficiently on a timely basis...

BrianPaul

I simply can't use the mobile app because it's just too limiting for my trading style... It's just the wrong tool for the job... Some may have different options but I'd challenge them to trade proficiently on a timely basis...
I completely agree. I just use it for when I’m at work just studying charts and when I’m taking the dog out to poop and just killing time. Haha. No trades on it. Except maybe 1 share lots. Haha. I learned my lesson trading 1000 shares of PTON on the way to work. Didn’t work out too well. Hahaha.