Volume Buy Sell Indicator with Hot Percent for ThinkorSwim

madeinnyc

madeinnyc

@horserider , what would it take to show stop runs and icebergs on the volume plot?

horserider

horserider

VIP
@madeinnyc Is that not done with Bookmap software? Does ToS even have the data feeds necessary? Think it may be coming to ToS but need to buy the data.

madeinnyc

madeinnyc

@horserider , YES! After viewing your volume indicator, I wondered if implementing a rithmic datafeed was even possible on TOS. I know it works through an API and yes, it's about $15 a month for the feed. I was intrigued when I saw Bookmap's presentation on volume dots. If it were possible to integrate that feed through TOS, I wouldn't mind paying the datafeed.

horserider

horserider

VIP
@convertiblejay I am guessing you mean the labels Cur Bar : 5000 75%

It is the volume of the current bar as it is plotting on the chart and the % compared to the 30 period average. In this case the bar has a volume of 5000 and that is 75% of the 30 bar average.

madeinnyc

madeinnyc

@horserider , does your volume indicator work on a 20 tick renko style chart?

horserider

horserider

VIP
@madeinnyc Renko most likely not but never tried it. Try it !! ;) How are the riots?:(

madeinnyc

madeinnyc

@horserider , it's not working on my Renko 20 tick chart :(. ...not sure if its the chart itself or maybe a setting? :unsure:
I'm down in Texas now visiting family.....Denton County....nothing but farmland....it's such a breath of fresh air...with PLENTY of parking! 😄

C

convertiblejay

@convertiblejay I am guessing you mean the labels Cur Bar : 5000 75%

It is the volume of the current bar as it is plotting on the chart and the % compared to the 30 period average. In this case the bar has a volume of 5000 and that is 75% of the 30 bar average.

thank you

horserider

horserider

VIP
@madeinnyc Ok thought about it. Do not think it will work. Renko bars are price only. I do not think they consider time or volume. On your 20 Renko chart a new bar is drawn when price moves 20 ticks above or below previous bar, nothing else.

Welcome to Texas. I am out east of Dallas in the ranch land. Enjoy your visit.

madeinnyc

madeinnyc

@horserider , yes, you're right on Renko! I ended up applying a Volume Average indicator I found on TOS.
Thanks! I'm enjoying TX so far! Lake Lewisville is wonderful! 🚣‍♀️

wtf_dude

wtf_dude

@horserider , it's not working on my Renko 20 tick chart :(. ...not sure if its the chart itself or maybe a setting? :unsure:
I'm down in Texas now visiting family.....Denton County....nothing but farmland....it's such a breath of fresh air...with PLENTY of parking! 😄
Ha Denton county is where I grew up. Suburb called Carrollton

J

jcsantiago1

VIP
Can this be converted to a scan? Intraday 1 minute chart scan for volume crossing average volume line.

E

Emanuel5162

Does anybody know an indicator that tracks big buy orders and sell orders that are going through?

D

drayset

Hi, Can you kindly help adding Total today's Sell or today' buy volume next to avg 30 days: or next to Volume. Can you kindly share the code

V

vikram

VIP
@horserider: Thank you very much for this plot. May I know if there is any script to get buy volume for last 10 days ? reason I am asking to compare relative buy volume with last 10 days buy volume. Total volume is sometimes misleading.

MattATM

MattATM

VIP
Thanks! I'm enjoying TX so far! Lake Lewisville is wonderful! 🚣‍♀️
RuralLife4ever!!! No judge Dread tower cities
@horserider I started a few snippets to make the average compare to the average of that Bar Count... So that if you leave pre-market on it will not look like every open is ABOVE AVERAGE volume... I also played around with some snippets to see when Price action and Volume are separating in hopes of finding when someone is deliberately overpaying to raise asset price or selling short to relax asset price support.

Would you use Bookmap along TOS? I get everyone like to see volume but does it show HitTheBid or anything that we don't have? I thought the 30 sec standard Lvl2 delay and high frequency trading hit everyone even if TOS doesn't give price to many decimal places???

MattATM

MattATM

VIP
@horserider Thank you for all the edits and upkeep of this code. Much appreciated, I had been using it for a few months as I could never locat the original author, he'd abandoned his discord group. But you seem to have updated it for me hah. I wanted to ask about another volume indicator . Anyone have anything like this or know where to find?
@mckenzieatix I wonder if you could compare volumes by saying marketopen = 0700 blah blah bla market close == blah blah :sleep:
BarNumber() and then average relative to time of day cause we all expect a surge of buying in the open etc...
Also can the profile function be used to reveal when price will still rise during red bars?

D

drayset

@horserider Can you kindly help adding Total today's Sell number(red number) or today' buy volume(green number) next to avg 30 days: or next to Volume. Can you kindly share the code