Trust The Levels - Trade Options In ThinkOrSwim

I had a great day today and as a trader realized I need to be smacked in the head over and over for NOT following my rules. "But this time I know I'm right"
So my mistake today was really stupid however, after talking to others, a lot of traders tried similar due to the huge earnings pop on NVDA. I had a BIAS and was sure there would be a pullback (at least I wanted one) and if NVDA was moving up still so would the rest of the semi's. That is where I went wrong. I was determined to force AMD to comply with my BIAS and move up along with NVDA. So when AMD got over 172 and held, which was a Resistance Level I had marked on my chart, I was getting in longs and was going to sit back and count the money until it reached my target level. Here is the kicker. I was taking it even though the rest of the market was moving down and rejecting major levels. (That was my sign but I ignored it) 1 of my rules is to not trade against the NQ/ES and never trade when Nq/ES is approaching a major level.

I had a loss on this trade and I am kinda glad because it will help me to make a better decision the next time. I hope!:p

My 1st trade was Qcom-
1716519472285.png

My AMD BAD trade
1716519947841.png

1716520262383.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@METAL
Thank you for the strategy, I have been watching this thread since almost the very start. Are you still following vincent desiano? I heard you mention him in one of your videos and wasn’t sure it you still incorporate some of his strategies with your LRC component.

Last edited:
What should I do? I used the exact link you provided.
If using the original LRC study, make sure your Time Interval is set to "Today". I believe on V2 you can have it set to the amount of days of your choice.

Hey all. Here is a link to a recap of yesterday. I will make one for today as well.
https://www.youtube.com/live/o1-K0S1WFkI?si=Di23l-qnmGCJlZ14

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Todays Trades -
I want to stress the importance of support/resistance levels. They take precedence over the A-LRC in that if you have a perfect LRC setup but you will be trading directly into a S/R Level, Then I do not take the trade. I will wait until the s/r level has been broken and a confirmed continuation takes place before I enter a trade.

COIN:
1717117227866.png

TSLA - LOSS-
1717117667949.png

HIMS -
1717118436819.png

1717117793500.png

SMCI-
1717118612789.png

SPX -
1717118826032.png

Attachments

• 1717119114940.png
    1717119114940.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
Friday Recap and areas I need to get better to improve my P/L. I also had a very big OOPS. Got lucky it worked out for me. 😰
Had several trades and no losses!
1717267040988.png

If using the original LRC study, make sure your Time Interval is set to "Today". I believe on V2 you can have it set to the amount of days of your choice.
Set to today. Still not working.

Attachments

• ToS_screenshot.png
    ToS_screenshot.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 118
Sir please share how do you trade every day and daily profit loss..
I trade this strategy everyday as shown in the videos. As for Profit and loss. I have had one day with a loss in 4 weeks or so. I have had trades with a loss but by following the plan, My losses are minimal. I have been creating recap videos that you may search for in this thread.

Todays Trades- Another great day! Once again, I know I am sound like a broken record, But this is absolutely crazy good! I traded a few other quick scalps that were all profit. I only had one minor loss today.
Arm:
1717460398732.png

COIN:
1717460599555.png

SPX - Loss:
1717460872897.png

TSLA:
1717461057394.png

QQQ:
1717461213425.png

Todays Trades- Another great day! Once again, I know I am sound like a broken record, But this is absolutely crazy good! I traded a few other quick scalps that were all profit. I only had one minor loss today.
Arm:
View attachment 22032

COIN:
View attachment 22033
SPX - Loss:
View attachment 22034
TSLA:
View attachment 22035
QQQ:
View attachment 22036
These are great tutorials, thanks Metal! I apologize if this was answered in a previous post or one of your videos, but I have scanned all and can't find the answer. What are you using for the manual S/R resistance lines? Previous days high/low or other? Thank you.

These are great tutorials, thanks Metal! I apologize if this was answered in a previous post or one of your videos, but I have scanned all and can't find the answer. What are you using for the manual S/R resistance lines? Previous days high/low or other? Thank you.
I manually draw them.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
337 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back