Trust The Levels - Trade Options In ThinkOrSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

@SleepyZ , I hate to bother you but I have made several attempts and cannot get what I am trying to achieve to work. Is there a way to provide and option that will be "Show today only" and when unchecked, The script will show the LRCA (Linear Regression Channel Anchored) with Deviations on each day like I have indicated on the attached image? I do not show the addition deviation lines and would like them on this if possible. This is so I can go back and study previous days. View attachment 21347

I have not found a coding solution for your multi day display of the LR lines.

However, you could test the code for multiple days by using ONDEMAND.
Put the code you are using on a 1d 2m chart with the time perhaps paused at 1600.
Then switch the days back at the ONDEMAND calendar, leaving the time set at the paused time.

@WEDenterprise @bkpshah I hope you used this today. Let me know if you did and how you did.

1712255695080.png

Last edited:
can you share the latest grid/code? For some reason the shared links you provided are no longer working. I am seeing nothing on the chart.

Todays LRC Strategy.
Hi,
How do you determine whether to take your trade off of Linear multi-day or Linear Reg Anchored when day trading? And for swing trading, which ones of the above do u recommend or is it both?
Thanks

Hi,
How do you determine whether to take your trade off of Linear multi-day or Linear Reg Anchored when day trading? And for swing trading, which ones of the above do u recommend or is it both?
Thanks
I do not use this to swing trade. I typically use the LRC anchored however, I have found that the Multi-Day with 2nd deviation works for several stocks. The way I have determined which to use, is to observe if the stock is respecting the levels. If it is respecting the 2nd deviation more for a particular stock, then I will use that information to place entries. It is pretty simple as you will know after a few days of observing. I used both together for a while.

I do not use this to swing trade. I typically use the LRC anchored however, I have found that the Multi-Day with 2nd deviation works for several stocks. The way I have determined which to use, is to observe if the stock is respecting the levels. If it is respecting the 2nd deviation more for a particular stock, then I will use that information to place entries. It is pretty simple as you will know after a few days of observing. I used both together for a while.
Well explained and will check it out this week. Thanks

Just chanced upon on this thread. Looks very promising (especially last Friday with most of the stocks) with the Grid/Chart you shared. Will check it out this week

Thank you very much for sharing this strategy.

Todays LRC Strategy.
Metal, newbie here. Downloaded your screen, watched video etc. How to you draw your LRC anchored
channel. When I import yours (shared linear regression with time frames) it creates a line basically following candlestick chart.

Another BANGER of a DAY! I hope you guys are trying this strategy. So far I have been profitable every single day that I use it. Today could have been so much better, but I decided to reduce my size today because of how sideways the market has been. GOOG, TSLA, and META I also used it for SPX and ended the day very profitable.
1712879019472.png

1712879368744.png

1712879604117.png

1712879953055.png

@METAL why didn't you take spy/SPX calls at the touch of the lrc? I think the time was 10:18 EST? I took that trade and exited where you entered. Ty BTW stress free.

Edit: To clarify my tone I'm just wondering if my trade was too high risk in case of a breakdown. I was watching your setup for a few days until I tried it today for the first time. Thank you again it worked well.

Last edited:
Another BANGER of a DAY! I hope you guys are trying this strategy. So far I have been profitable every single day that I use it. Today could have been so much better, but I decided to reduce my size today because of how sideways the market has been. GOOG, TSLA, and META I also used it for SPX and ended the day very profitable.
View attachment 21563

View attachment 21564

View attachment 21565
View attachment 21566
Thank you very much @METAL for the strategy. I tried with NVDA today and those were good scalping trades.

Sorry if I missed it but could you please let me know how to enable 2nd dev (Yellow lines) levels. I tried with Multi-Day but not matching your charts.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-12 013025.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-12 013025.png
    139 KB · Views: 50
@METAL why didn't you take spy/SPX calls at the touch of the lrc? I think the time was 10:18 EST? I took that trade and exited where you entered. Ty BTW stress free.

Edit: To clarify my tone I'm just wondering if my trade was too high risk in case of a breakdown. I was watching your setup for a few days until I tried it today for the first time. Thank you again it worked well.
The main thing that may have kept me out of that trade is that I would have been trading into the 20 EMA and the 200 EMA. That doesn't typically end well for me.
The only bad thing I have found with this strategy is that I miss some that end up being way better than the one I entered. That is trading though. I believe I was in the META trade. In any case I hope you did well on that one. Would have been huge for SPX. Please let me know how you did when you have time.
1712956815713.png

The main thing that may have kept me out of that trade is that I would have been trading into the 20 EMA and the 200 EMA. That doesn't typically end well for me.
The only bad thing I have found with this strategy is that I miss some that end up being way better than the one I entered. That is trading though. I believe I was in the META trade. In any case I hope you did well on that one. Would have been huge for SPX. Please let me know how you did when you have time.
View attachment 21578

Gotcha! I took it but unfortunately got out where you entered. I'm just slowly trying to add this to my system. It's been going well though. I took puts at around 9:50EST today. Too bad it doesn't work premarket. Thank you again for sharing this

Gotcha! I took it but unfortunately got out where you entered. I'm just slowly trying to add this to my system. It's been going well though. I took puts at around 9:50EST today. Too bad it doesn't work premarket. Thank you again for sharing this
Did you trade spy at 9:50

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
476 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back