Trend Painter Indicator With Buy & Sell Signals for ThinkorSwim

E

Esvee/SV

@BenTen @BonBon

Newbie here ... any amount of appreciation for these great scripts you have provided ,is understatement 👏

Couple of requests... I usually accommodate right side of my screen for "expansion bars"... [to draw extended support/resistance/pivot lines].. When I try to plot the trend painter bar for lower level... the expanded bars space is always appearing bright red, Is there any way you can tweak the code to get rid off this red colored bar/line. [btw, this is not happening if we plot volume histogram].

Secondly, is there any way you can help us to get code for alerts when the color codes changes between the bars from buy to strong-buy, neutral to bear etc.,

Many thanks in advance.

S

stocksniper

Anyone have this indicator in Multi Time Frame MTF? thanks in advance

D

dinodotcom

2019 Donor
Still trying to get consistent results from the scan. However, it seems that I get differing results. Maybe because it is the weekend. Anyone had luck with a consistent scan?

G

Gabrielx77

Hey, @BenTen I was wondering if it's possible to have a label or some type of other indication for a reversal trend instead of the arrows. With this indicator, I've had plenty of success over the last 5 weeks and I had to test different strategies to make it as profitable as possible; however, I place limit orders instead of market orders, so it would be really helpful to see where the trend reverses by seeing a specific dollar amount it has to hit for a reversal arrow to appear.

For instance, in the picture I provided the down trend reversal arrow appeared around $1.73 and the up trend reversal arrow appeared around $1.95. I wanted to know if there's anyway we can see that price before the arrow were to appear. That way I can place a limit order expecting a reversal. I would try myself, but I'm not the best coder.

Thanks

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Gabrielx77 The arrow will appear during the formation of the candle. If you really want to get technical, you would have to dig deep into the code and figure it out. But in short, it would be almost impossible to figure out at which price point you will see the reversal arrow.

G

Gabrielx77

@Gabrielx77 The arrow will appear during the formation of the candle. If you really want to get technical, you would have to dig deep into the code and figure it out. But in short, it would be almost impossible to figure out at which price point you will see the reversal arrow.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Thanks anyways. I usually buy at the break of the 5m high and go based off of the 1m candle. That's when I usually get an exact entry point for when the arrow reverses.