Trend Painter Indicator With Buy & Sell Signals for ThinkorSwim

dinodotcom

2019 Donor
Still trying to get consistent results from the scan. However, it seems that I get differing results. Maybe because it is the weekend. Anyone had luck with a consistent scan?

Gabrielx77

Hey, @BenTen I was wondering if it's possible to have a label or some type of other indication for a reversal trend instead of the arrows. With this indicator, I've had plenty of success over the last 5 weeks and I had to test different strategies to make it as profitable as possible; however, I place limit orders instead of market orders, so it would be really helpful to see where the trend reverses by seeing a specific dollar amount it has to hit for a reversal arrow to appear.

For instance, in the picture I provided the down trend reversal arrow appeared around $1.73 and the up trend reversal arrow appeared around $1.95. I wanted to know if there's anyway we can see that price before the arrow were to appear. That way I can place a limit order expecting a reversal. I would try myself, but I'm not the best coder.

jDY5s4b.jpg

Thanks

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@Gabrielx77 The arrow will appear during the formation of the candle. If you really want to get technical, you would have to dig deep into the code and figure it out. But in short, it would be almost impossible to figure out at which price point you will see the reversal arrow.

Gabrielx77

@Gabrielx77 The arrow will appear during the formation of the candle. If you really want to get technical, you would have to dig deep into the code and figure it out. But in short, it would be almost impossible to figure out at which price point you will see the reversal arrow.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Thanks anyways. I usually buy at the break of the 5m high and go based off of the 1m candle. That's when I usually get an exact entry point for when the arrow reverses.

Vince Field

It seems this indicator lags in a one minute chart. Does anyone else have that problem? Perhaps there's a way to modify the settings to make it more responsive but I don't know how to do that. Any suggestions?

Screen-Shot-2020-10-05-at-4-05-08-PM.png

dmillz

VIP
Looking to scan for Neutral bars... as well not sure how to do this. If you scan below trailingstop it will show both red and netural

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@jonmac303 I have no issue adding it.

UeIpCiK.png

Watch the second half of the video below if you don't know where to add the custom watchlist column.

QUIKTDR1

VIP
What changes Trend_Fuzz to Trend Painter? When some one refers to replace last bit of code with X is it the last piece referring to Stochastics? How to use this in scan?

uakjadoon

@BenTen I'm new to TOS and to coding as well. I added this script and getting the following error message: "AddLabel is not allowed in this context"

Any help will be highly appreciated.

SAA448

Hi @BenTen I am new here and hope you can help. If possible, would you please explain the error I am getting for this act?

Basically, I am trying to add Buy signals in a scan so I used the same script as one used for the watchlist (with exception that I removed the
"asignbackground color" and "addlabel' script and replaced the 'plot" with "def". add statement "plot scan = strongbuy;"

The issue is: when adding the condition into scan (GU and GX) I get an error stated "com.devexperts.tos.thinkscript.runtime.TooComplexException: The complexity of the expression suggests that it may not be reliable with real-time data."

Although I tried to follow the video provided on post #49 but still can't get that to work.

Thoughts/inputs?

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
@SAA448 Why aren't you using the code provided on the first page of this thread? I have no trouble using the scanner with it.

uYgqO3G.png

KmAoItr.png

Pitsypan

@BonBon If I am using multi timeframe for my swing/day trade, do I need to change any settings to suit different timeframe or default will work on all?. I am confused with all settings within the indicator. Can you help?