TMO with Higher Agg_Mobius @ TSL

@o0oboneheado0o GTC orders can bite you in the *** if they're close to the trading range. Market makers will swipe up your order and go back to the regular range. One of the biggest recommendations I can make if you're doing daily time frames: if you set a stop do NOT place the order in the system, just jot it down somewhere for now. If the market CLOSES below your stop, then sell out the next morning. Otherwise, you're going to get stomped out intraday wayyy too often. As far as buying in, you can basically ignore the first 40-45 minutes of the market trading. At TD, we called it amateur hour.

Your AMC trade with the first hour candle is AWESOME! I was amazed at that run considering their announcement of separating from Universal. Really glad to see them get some steam as I really think theyre undervalued. I live next to a huge AMC theater in LA and even movies at 10am in the morning, sometimes its hard to get a seat with new releases.

Also everybody hates PDT rules (including all the brokerages), that's FINRA and its a crap system designed to "protect investors". I never saw one benefit from it. If people wanna blow up their accounts by being stupid, that's on them. I remember margin depts fighting over who had to make calls to people who were just flagged as PDT. Inevitably they would have to explain the rules to people that had no idea what they were talking about.

I have been using and testing this TMO indicator for about a week on both options and futures and have gotten good results from it. I made a couple of scanners for this indicator if anyone is interested in using them. One is for bullish signals and the other is for bearish. You can change the aggregation periods for any other period that you would like to use. Also you can adjust or further filter what stocks or options you would like to see as well to narrow your search results.

https://tos.mx/sNjQEgf <<<<Bearish scanner
https://tos.mx/pdiho0C <<<<Bullish scanner

well that didn't work out as planned. lol stopped out for 2% overall. The overall market I think took a lot with it early today
Even if you stopped out, I'd keep those on your watchlist just to see how this plays out. The first 2 especially look like theyre forming cups. Set alerts to see if they break the recent highs soon. These 3 might give good hints to how that screener spits out plays for the next month

I have been using and testing this TMO indicator for about a week on both options and futures and have gotten good results from it. I made a couple of scanners for this indicator if anyone is interested in using them. One is for bullish signals and the other is for bearish. You can change the aggregation periods for any other period that you would like to use. Also you can adjust or further filter what stocks or options you would like to see as well to narrow your search results.

Hey @BWiz thanks for the scan and welcome to useThinkScript. I was in Theotrade 2016-2017 as well. Also some in 2019. Thanks for your input on Mobius' Theotrade RSI in Laguerre Time. Please take a minute and put the header back in as that is the proper way to code.;) Just place the title and Theotrade at the top and put your initials and date below it. Thanks!

@markos, My bad, I didnt pay any attention to the headers when I was modifying the code. I made the update and put the original headers back in.

Last edited:
@markos, My bad, I didnt pay any attention to the headers when I was modifying the code. I made the update and put the original headers back in.
Thanks @BWiz , I saw the headers. That's all anyone can ask for. :)

I'll put this here for those that don't want to read the whole thread: READ the WHOLE THREAD. (please)
@BenTen and I along with many others have put a lot of time into answering questions and discussing how Laguerre Time Transformation works.
Also, the Tutorials has several articles on the RSI in Laguerre Time. Please look those over.

Hi @markos, from reading your several posts, I believe you are in this game from very long time. I approach you to ask your suggestions regarding day and swing trade. I am very new to trading and learning a lot from you all and after 5 weeks trying several studies, i am totally lost. I do 1-2 trades a week with very little $$ to practice my emotional and physiological attempts towards P/L. I am aware trading is a business like any other and takes time and practice to get good at it. If you could, please guide/suggest me about 1-2 trading strategies/studies and chart set-ups and if I should start doing fancy scanners etc. I appreciate your input very much. Thank you.

What is your strategy doing options if I may ask? what settings are you using? Thanks

Hi @KKaiser I'm not around much but I'll give some thoughts. Do you know how to read charts? If not, there's plenty of free tutorials out there.
Have you read How to Make Money in Stocks by Wm O'Neil? Stocks or Options interest you more?
Until you know the time frame and the style that fits you, I would only suggest that you trade in PaperMoney and follow 5-6 stocks/ETF's daily.

Know where you will sell before you buy. Have a process. Get to know them and then you may be ready to learn techniques.
Look at a three year chart of FIVN. Study it. Learn from it. Notice how it respects a 200 day SMA?
Ask a specific follow up in the Questions thread & this community will help where it can.

Investing is the worlds greatest video game. It can take years to learn risk management. I along with many others here will tell you that trading and investing is a 90% mental deal. Many Indicators will show you the same thing. Find an indicator here and live with it while, along with 5 or so stocks. After a long while it becomes wash, rinse, repeat! You'll know you've arrived when you blow up a 10k account. Hope that helps get you going.

Dear @markos Thank you very much for your suggestions and advice. I am surprise that so far all the experienced and wise traders like you advised me very similar and simple rules to follow. I will for sure listen to you guys and will make plans accordingly. Wondering why new traders don't follow wise advice just to loose their entire savings blindly.

Good afternoon, does anyone know how to setup the TMO lower script for a Tick chart instead of time based? Thanks

Hey guys thanks so much for what you do! Loving this indicator, still working out the different aggs for me as I use 5 min charts with mostly /NQ..

What is your strategy doing options if I may ask? what settings are you using? Thanks
I use the time frame of 2hr and day. I also filter out the equities that aren't liquid so that I can easily get in and out of positions.

Create a scan with 9Mil volume,...that weeds out weak, finds strong.

@YungTraderFromMontana Hello - Its works for my pretty well and I use it on /NQ - 1 min chart... small losers and bigger winners.. I can control my risk better on the 1min short time frame.. Also I've been using it on RTH only, I haven't really tried Globex session yet - is it really set up up for after ours??

Many thanks...

@YungTraderFromMontana Hello - thanks for the great work, I really like this strategy. Would you be able to create a strategy with using OB and OS conditions for the 1m,2m,3m,4m?? thanks again!
Everyone is free to trade how they want to...,HOWEVER, Mobius suggest using 5-10 times the current timeframe...The suggestions in the header of the script. IMO 1-4 min is very close...IF you're going to trade such lower timeframes I'd suggest 1, 3, 5 min...There is a TMO MTF version that incorporates 3 timeframes...Use the search to find it. You can also try something like 15 min 5 min and 1 min...Hope this helps.

Everyone is free to trade how they want to...,HOWEVER, Mobius suggest using 5-10 times the current timeframe...The suggestions in the header of the script. IMO 1-4 min is very close...IF you're going to trade such lower timeframes I'd suggest 1, 3, 5 min...There is a TMO MTF version that incorporates 3 timeframes...Use the search to find it. You can also try something like 15 min 5 min and 1 min...Hope this helps.

Great --I actually use a 3min, 4min, 5min, 10min for early in the RTH session... but thank you, I'm trying to find the right combo ...

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tenacity11 Archived: TMO True Momentum Oscillator Indicators 346
BenTen TMO True Momentum Oscillator For ThinkOrSwim Indicators 124