TMO with Higher Agg_Mobius @ TSL

I know I'm like the only guy here that works longer term in days/weeks, but this TMO with Markos' settings of 21,5,3 (Day) is the quickest trend reversal indicator I've seen. Previously it was the Mobius gaussian MACD, but this one beats it by 2-3 bars on average. Good stuff.

I know I'm like the only guy here that works longer term in days/weeks, but this TMO with Markos' settings of 21,5,3 (Day) is the quickest trend reversal indicator I've seen. Previously it was the Mobius gaussian MACD, but this one beats it by 2-3 bars on average. Good stuff.
do you have a scan that you can share

any videos on setting up a scan i haven't played with it in a while let me know thanks
@Trading51 Try these ideas below:
1. At the begining of the thread there should be a scan
2. Otherwise, type TMO scan in the search box.
3. Also there are scanning videos in the Tutorials area.
4. At the top of the page there is an explore button. Go through there with a fine tooth comb.

Good luck

@Trading51 Try these ideas below:
1. At the begining of the thread there should be a scan
2. Otherwise, type TMO scan in the search box.
3. Also there are scanning videos in the Tutorials area.
4. At the top of the page there is an explore button. Go through there with a fine tooth comb.

Good luck
Im trying to build a column but getting the code in the right place is where i need to get started.

@wtf_dude you're not the only one. There's a handful of us. I use the TMO with both weekly and daily settings. On my Android, I use the daily. Mobius made that TMO 2 years ago as he was looking into getting a quicker reaction to price change vs his RSI Laguerre with FE.
Glad to know that it's useful for you. Markos

All i need to do is get the code in here i cant figure it out
@Trading51 I'm only here for a minute. On the left side of your picture, scroll up until you find custom1, 2, etc. Move one of those over, then rt click on the scroll. Delete what's in there and paste your code. Name it something you'll remember. Go forward from there. Please check the 4 points I listed above. You'll find more guidance there. Good luck.

@o0oboneheado0o Hey, sir, do you trade options or shares (for intraday)? For intraday and small swings do you look at DOW stocks or megacaps?
Due to the size of my account (after 2 blow ups and starting over recently) I used to trade intraday but have since had to step back and play 2-5 day swing trades and then just spend my time maintaining and teaching myself to get better at reading tape. I'm not tied to anything at this point, If there's a nice R/R available and the chart sets up as I like, I'll play it.

Could someone post the scanner code for TMO the preferred one thanks?
The scanner that I put together is attached to post #56 in this thread. It basically scans for names where the main has crossed over the signal line (in the same general timeframe) for the day, week, and month. I will also be trying to put together an "Anti-scanner" for the inverse of the conditions that intersects with it so that TOS will notify me when one of the names that came up on the scanner no longer meet the criteria so I can have some redundancy in letting me know when its time look at getting out. Hope this helps. If you find a way to tweak it to make it more effective please let me know!

@Trading51 I'm only here for a minute. On the left side of your picture, scroll up until you find custom1, 2, etc. Move one of those over, then rt click on the scroll. Delete what's in there and paste your code. Name it something you'll remember. Go forward from there. Please check the 4 points I listed above. You'll find more guidance there. Good luck.
Thank you

Made it even better with this simple change (exits long or short based on 2nd biggest aggregation, ex 3d, 3m), more to come.
Code:
#TMO True Momentum Oscillator with Higher Aggregation _Mobius
#Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:36 PM

## OneNote Archive Name: TMO True Momentum Oscillator with Higher Aggregation _Mobius
## Archive Section: Momentum
## Suggested Tos Name: TrueMomentumOscillator_w_HigherAggregation_Mobius
## Archive Date: 5.15.2018
## Archive Notes:
## 08:43 Mobius: Well give it a few days to get altered, muched, distorted and twisted. Then when it get back to being used as intended someone will start making money with it.
## 08:45 Mobius: Oh and in my view - It's highest and best use is as designed with a secondary aggregation plotted either on it or with it around 5 to 10 time higher.

## "##" indicates an addition or adjustment by the OneNote Archivist
## Original Code Follows

# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation

# Mobius
# V01.05.2018
#hint: TMO calculates momentum using the delta of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price.
input length = 14;
input calcLength = 5;
input smoothLength = 3;
input agg = AggregationPeriod.DAY;
input agg2 = AggregationPeriod.FOUR_DAYS;
input agg3 = AggregationPeriod.THREE_DAYS;
input agg4 =  AggregationPeriod.TWO_DAYS;

def o = open(period = agg);
def c = close(period = agg);
def data = fold i = 0 to length
           with s
           do s + (if c > getValue(o, i)
                   then 1
                   else if c < getValue(o, i)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);
def EMA5 = ExpAverage(data, calcLength);
def Main = ExpAverage(EMA5, smoothLength);
def Signal = ExpAverage(Main, smoothLength);

def zero = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else 0;
def ob = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else round(length * .8);

def os = if isNaN(c) then double.nan else -round(length * .8);

def o2 = open(period = agg2);
def c2 = close(period = agg2);
def data2 = fold i2 = 0 to length
           with s2
           do s2 + (if c2 > getValue(o2, i2)
                   then 1
                   else if c2 < getValue(o2, i2)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);

def EMA52 = ExpAverage(data2, calcLength);
def Main2 = ExpAverage(EMA52, smoothLength);
def Signal2 = ExpAverage(Main2, smoothLength);

def o3 = open(period = agg3);
def c3 = close(period = agg3);
def data3 = fold i3 = 0 to length
           with s3
           do s3 + (if c3 > getValue(o3, i3)
                   then 1
                   else if c3 < getValue(o3, i3)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);

def EMA53 = ExpAverage(data3, calcLength);
def Main3 = ExpAverage(EMA53, smoothLength);
def Signal3 = ExpAverage(Main3, smoothLength);

def o4 = open(period = agg4);
def c4 = close(period = agg4);
def data4 = fold i4 = 0 to length
           with s4
           do s4 + (if c4 > getValue(o4, i4)
                   then 1
                   else if c4 < getValue(o4, i4)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);

def EMA54 = ExpAverage(data4, calcLength);
def Main4 = ExpAverage(EMA54, smoothLength);
def Signal4 = ExpAverage(Main4, smoothLength);

plot bullish = (Main > Signal) and (Main2 > Signal2) and (Main3 > Signal3) and (Main4 > Signal4);
plot bearish = (Main < Signal) and (Main2 < Signal2) and (Main3 < Signal3) and (Main4 < Signal4);
def sellshort = (Main3 > Signal3);
def selllong = (Main3 < Signal3);
def SSS = if sellshort then 100 else if selllong then -100 else 0;
def SS = if bullish then 100 else if bearish then -100 else 0;

def sBuy = SS crosses above 0;
def sSell = SS crosses below 0;
def sbuysell = SSS crosses below 0;
def SSellbuy = SSS crosses above 0;

AddOrder(OrderType.Buy_TO_OPEN, condition = Sbuy
, price =  open[-1], 1, tickcolor = Color.GREEN, arrowcolor = Color.GREEN, name = "BE");

AddOrder(OrderType.Sell_TO_CLOSE, condition = sbuysell
, price = open[-1], 1, tickcolor = Color.RED, arrowcolor = Color.RED, name = "SE");

AddOrder(OrderType.Sell_to_OPEN, condition = SSell
, price =  open[-1], 1, tickcolor = Color.GREEN, arrowcolor = Color.GREEN, name = "BE");

AddOrder(OrderType.Buy_TO_CLOSE, condition = sSellbuy
, price = open[-1], 1, tickcolor = Color.RED, arrowcolor = Color.RED, name = "SE");
Getting NAs with the 1,2,3,4 min or Day version for that matter. Any thoughts?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tenacity11 Archived: TMO True Momentum Oscillator Indicators 346
BenTen TMO True Momentum Oscillator For ThinkOrSwim Indicators 121