TMO with Higher Agg_Mobius @ TSL

T

trouble56

VIP
@BenTen Thats the indicator I used to create the arrows I provided above. what I am struggling with it creating a strategy from this or a study from this which signals correctly. The problem is that if one arrow shows a signal (up or down), I need to hold that signal until it signals the opposite signal and this is where I think I am running into a problem with my code. I confirmed I am doing this by plotting the alert and it is not matching the arrows. I need to write something where if there is a cross the value is 1 and it stays one until this is another cross in the opposite direction.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@trouble56 Are you saying that the signals you see manually don't match the signals that the indicator generated? If so, can you share some screenshots?

T

trouble56

VIP
@BenTen The signals I am seeing from Maya's study is not matching the study I created, which I posted above. here is a picture showing the problems

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@trouble56 Can you define the condition for the signal that you're hoping to generate?

T

trouble56

VIP
@BenTen here are the 2 conditions:

Def LongUP = Crosses(main, signal, CrossingDirection.ABOVE);
Def ShortDOWN = Crosses(main, signal, CrossingDirection.BELOW);

I am looking for the value of ALERT to equal 1 when LongUP occurs and have it keep that value until ShortDOWN occurs then when that happens I want the value of ALERT to be equal to -1 and then I want it to keep that value until LongUP occurs and on and on

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@trouble56 Here you go:

Code:
# My version of so called "blackFLAG FTS PLATINUM Ver. 5.0" @Maya
# TMO ((T)rue (M)omentum (O)scillator) With Higher Aggregation
# Mobius
# V01.05.2018
#hint: TMO calculates momentum using the DELTA of price. Giving a much better picture of trend, tend reversals and divergence than momentum oscillators using price.

declare lower;

input length = 14;
input calcLength = 5;
input smoothLength = 3;
input agg = AggregationPeriod.HOUR;

def o = open(period = agg);
def c = close(period = agg);
def data = fold i = 0 to length
           with s
           do s + (if c > getValue(o, i)
                   then 1
                   else if c < getValue(o, i)
                        then - 1
                        else 0);
def EMA5 = ExpAverage(data, calcLength);
def Main = ExpAverage(EMA5, smoothLength);
def Signal = ExpAverage(Main, smoothLength);
# End Code TMO with Higher Aggregation

def bullish = Main crosses above Signal;
def bearish = Main crosses below Signal;

plot bullish_signal = if bullish then 1 else 0;
plot bearish_signal = if bearish then -1 else 0;

T

trouble56

VIP
@BenTen I am looking for the signal to remain 1 until it crosses back. I need it to do this so I can create what I am looking to do

A

Art

Hi Everyone,

I'm having some difficulties with the following codes and hoping someone can offer a suggestion.

I have the following label code added to a script for the momentum change.

AddLabel (yes, "Mom Change ", if main > main from 1 bars ago then color.GREEN else if main < main from 1 bars ago then color.RED else color.YELLOW);

Then I have the following one added to my watchlist as a column
main.assignValueColor(if main > main from 1 bars ago then color.GREEN else if main < main from 1 bars ago then color.RED else color.YELLOW);

The aggregation time is set to daily for both, but the colors don't match. Please, can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Please post the entire code so we can better assist you.