Supertrend Indicator by Mobius for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@JoshF We already shared the code for the alerts. Scroll up a bit and take a look at message #68

J

JoshF

@JoshF We already shared the code for the alerts. Scroll up a bit and take a look at message #68
Hi Ben, These alerts do not work for pushing to a mobile device/email - unless I am mistaken and there is a way to include these SMS/email alerts within ThinkScript?. Neither does this solve the problem of being able to use this strategy in a conditional order or study alert (where mobile alerts are available) where the "rec usage" function is not permitted.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@JoshF The method I showed you will only work when you have the chart loaded on your screen (desktop). To setup something like a mobile alerts, you would have to create a watchlist scanner and enable the option there.

J

JoshF

Yep correct, I've done that as well and I believe it has corrected the alerts concern. Ideally - like I mentioned I would like to set up a conditional order based on these indicators to have thinkorswim execute orders automatically once the signal conditions are met. This is possible with other indicators but not when recursive code is used. I am asking if there is anyway to modify this code so that it doesn't have recursive code but still accomplish what we want here.

Awesome site here by the way, great resource!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@JoshF I hear ya. I don't have much knowledge on that. Hopefully someone can chime in. Someone asked about adding buy and sell (for backtesting purposes) into the script and you can find that code here.

M

Midlifetrader

Im a new member of the this group and I thank you for sharing this script.

Is there a way to create a watchlist for this script and alerts us via text or via the TOS program if one of our stocks in our watchlist gets the buy or sell signal in a daily or intraday timeframe?