Supertrend Indicator by Mobius for ThinkorSwim

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@MBF If you want to donate, please click here.

And remember, trading is "a Marathon not a sprint". Be patient and wait for the right setups :)

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen is this indicator real time? Meaning that if I am on a 5 minute chart, and after a series of red candles there is a green 5 minute candle after it, is that all in real time? Or is there some delay.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@corello I believe this indicator works in real-time and does not repaint.

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen thanks again for all your help. Great indicators & research!

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen I noticed the bubbles (entry/exit) normally point to the bottom (if red candle) or top (if green candle). Will the candles, for example on 5 minute, change color in the middle while there is still time left in the candle, or will it change when the time interval (5 minutes) is over?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@corello Since this indicator works in real-time you may want to wait for the candle to close for confirmation.

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen you are right. I am watching it now for the /ES open and you must wait for the candle to close for confirmation of the entry/exit (bubble).

During the time interval that you are using (i.e 5 min) the bubble will show at times, but can revert depending on the price. So, one will know whether to enter/exit only when the candle closes.

I must say, this thing is accurate! Up 3 points since entry in /ES right now. Brilliant indicator, seriously. Best one I have found yet.

Shinthus

Shinthus

VIP
Great Indicator. thanks for sharing, Ben. I have found that sometimes changing the natr setting to 3 instead of the default 4 smoothes out the data to produce less false signals.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@GetRichOrDieTrying Remove the following from the code.

AddChartBubble(close crosses below ST, low[1], low[1], color.Dark_Gray);
AddChartBubble(close crosses above ST, high[1], high[1], color.Dark_Gray, no);

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

@GetRichOrDieTrying Remove the following from the code.

AddChartBubble(close crosses below ST, low[1], low[1], color.Dark_Gray);
AddChartBubble(close crosses above ST, high[1], high[1], color.Dark_Gray, no);
Thanks Ben!

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen is there any way to create an alert on TOS when the candle changes color?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@corello Put this together when I was on the go. See if it works. Add it to the bottom of the indicator.

Code:
def bullish = close crosses below ST;
def bearish = close crosses above ST;

# Alerts
Alert(bullish, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
Alert(bearish, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen Thank you very much! It works for when it changes color.

Now, is there a way to only make it alert when the bar actually closes a different color? Not just when it changes color within the specified time frame.

Thanks again.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@corello I'm not sure your second question.

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen No worries, I have figured it out.

Thanks again for your help. I, along with many others, are grateful for what you do.

C

corello

VIP
@BenTen Are you able to backtest this strategy with ThinkorSwim? Would like to see how it would work with ES future for example over a certain time period.

Unsure of how to make a backtest of this strategy, so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@corello Sure, adding a strategy to this indicator should be easy. How do you want it? Buy when there is a bullish supertrend and sell when there is a bearish supertrend? Same for shorting?