SPX Trading Strategy for ThinkorSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW for the SPX strategy, I added the condition of the trigger with SMA 89... if above go long and if below go short... that would have avoided the trade that happened this morning...here is the updated code: it will reduce the number of trades though...
Thank @babouin77 very much for your code, I did try it and it work very well but one thing I realized it give alert signal about one red dot late compare with @Hypoluxa mentioned. I think if you filled a contract bit earlier you will get a better price. Do you think new code with trigger SMA 89 will solve the issue ? I attached the screenshot from my end showed 15.20pm late red dot.

Screenshot-12.png

@Hypoluxa the SPX strategy seems to work well for the recent market conditions. When I back test it going back to mid last year, losses increase. Can you think of any other rules to keep in mind when entering trades? or as market conditions change?

@Hypoluxa the SPX strategy seems to work well for the recent market conditions. When I back test it going back to mid last year, losses increase. Can you think of any other rules to keep in mind when entering trades? or as market conditions change?
I did the same thing back in January and finally had to come to the realization that this strategy can't live in the past and just adjust it along the way as times change going forward. It's been very successful for 2021 so far.
finding perfection is hard...every trading day is a risk and i feel this setup minimizes those risks as much as it can.

I did the same thing back in January and finally had to come to the realization that this strategy can't live in the past and just adjust it along the way as times change going forward. It's been very successful for 2021 so far.
finding perfection is hard...every trading day is a risk and i feel this setup minimizes those risks as much as it can.
:) hopefully we can react to market changes quick enough.

Thank @babouin77 very much for your code, I did try it and it work very well but one thing I realized it give alert signal about one red dot late compare with @Hypoluxa mentioned. I think if you filled a contract bit earlier you will get a better price. Do you think new code with trigger SMA 89 will solve the issue ? I attached the screenshot from my end showed 15.20pm late red dot.

Screenshot-12.png
I am not getting a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
232 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back