Savage Oscillator for ThinkorSwim

Thank you I already did it but I appreciate your assistance. Is there a way to use Savage Osc in scanner to generate a potential watchlist?

@FateOwnzYou I would like to have the chart keep it's original candle colors. I tried toggling off the price color setting, as well as trying to delete that portion of the script. Missing something because I can not figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I have also just added a full upper version for the reversals on price action. When approaching the outer walls could be nearing a reversal.
It has the option for the high volume (as requested) and will be displayed by changing the color of the midline.
Also has multi-Timeframe capabilities with option to turn off or on if desired
(This script will be posted in the end of the Original Post)

EDIT: I have also just added a full upper version for the reversals on price action. When approaching the outer walls could be nearing a reversal.
It has the option for the high volume (as requested) and will be displayed by changing the color of the midline.
Also has multi-Timeframe capabilities with option to turn off or on if desired
(This script will be posted in the end of the Original Post)
Hi FateOwnzYou..... I loaded this study but can't seem to get separate red lines and the cyan lines to show-up on the chart like in your screenshot on Discord..... I have the "MTF" set to Yes, the "Current TF" set to Yes..... and the "Time Frame" set to 3-Min...... all that show-up on the 3-minute chart are the red lines (upper, middle that changes to yellow, and lower)... When I change "MFT" to No and "Current TF" to Yes.... I only get cyan lines on the 3-minute chart..... I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong... 😁 What the heck does "MTF" stand for? ______ Time Frame... 🤔

@tomsey
Stands for multi time frame

So this gives you the option to see this study on 2 different timeframes, verses having to open it up on a seperate chart. So if you trade on the 3min and want to see the 3min savage bands, you can also so another timeframe's bands. So you could set the timeframe to 5min or 15min depending on what you like more. Just always need the 2nd timeframe to be higher than your current. So you couldn't look at the 1min timeframe while current chart is 3min

@FateOwnzYou I've been playing around with this oscillator and I am completely IN LOVE with it. 2 questions.
1. Is there any way to actually scan for when the green line is below the -8.0 range (eg scan for the blue candles when they are at the low)?
EDIT: Looks like this has already kind of been answered, I'll see if I can figure it out.

Last edited:
@darkelvis
1. You should just have to scan if "bull is less than -8" (let me know if you can figure it out.
2. it would have to be a seperate upper indicator. being a lower indicator, you can only plot arrows on lower. But i can make a quick separate indicator that you can run the same time as the lower. looking at your photo, seems like you would want it to show uparrow when green crossing red line and vise versa for when crosses into bearish?

@darkelvis
Here ya go. This should do it

Code:
Input Price_Color = yes;
Input Sensitivity = 1;

##Stochastics
Def S1 = Max(-100, Min(100, (StochasticFull(KPeriod = 8, slowing_period = 5, averageType = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL))) - 50) / 50.01;
Def S2 = Max(-100, Min(100, (StochasticFull(KPeriod = 17, slowing_period = 5, averageType = AverageType.EXPONENTIAL))) - 50) / 50.01;
Def S3 = Max(-100, Min(100, reference RSI(2)) - 50) / 50.01;

def Bull =(expAverage((S1 + S2 + S3)/3,Sensitivity))*10;
Def SpdChng = if Bull < 1.5 then ((movingAverage(averageType.Weighted, Bull, 20))-1.5) else ((movingAverage(averageType.Weighted, Bull, 10))-1.5) ;
def Bear = (SpdChng - Bull);

plot uparrw = bull crosses above bear;
plot dwnarrw = bull crosses below bear;
uparrw.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
dwnarrw.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
uparrw.setdefaultColor(color.green);
dwnarrw.setdefaultColor(color.red);
uparrw.setlineWeight(3);
dwnarrw.setlineWeight(3);

@FateOwnzYou I've got to say, I am falling more in love with this every day, it plays into my day trading strategy so well it's like you made it just for me. :) Ok, now that I'm done ****ing up, I have another question, I have no idea if this is even possible or what the limitations are with thinkscript (i know nothing of programming). Is there any possible way that a watchlist tab could just display the timestamp for when the last cross was? So lets say stock $XXXXXXX had a bull cross on the 1 minute chart (or whichever time frame you set it to) at 9:57 and a bear cross at 11:03. So there's just a watchlist tab that shows a green "9:57", once the bull cross happens it just changes to a red "11:03". Understand what I'm trying to say?

The way I'm using this is I scalp high volume low floats, so my watchlist that I have up at all times is just a "whatever is in play" type watchlist. This would be an insanely good way to do a quick check for recent crosses vs quick running through 20+ charts.

Last edited:
@darkelvis
Honestly Im not even fully sure if its possible either lol.
But I am kinda curious now, im gonna see if I cant look into it and see if i can figure something like that out. I wouldnt mind something like that either

@FateOwnzYou I'm making scanners to find the -8 for possible bottom bouncers, I'm making scanners for the bull and bear cross, but they are giving me waaaaaaaaaay too many hits that aren't really worth playing. So I'm trying to find a way to alert me to when it happens on stuff that I'm already looking at as possible plays, but don't necessarily have the chart right in front of me.

@darkelvis hmm. not really sure how I could help much with getting too many results. Maybe try to tighten up the search a little more with other indicators? maybe a minimum APTR? or a price range? etc.
You could also make a watchlist of stocks you typically trade on. if you were to find say 100 stocks you liked, then make your scanner only search that watchlist.

I'm ALWAYS working on scanners, always narrowing down my results, and I'm okay with doing that. I just had the timestamp watchlist tag pop into my head today as a "oh, that would be pretty awesome" thought.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.