Options Scan Hacker in ThinkorSwim

YungTraderFromMontana

Does anybody have the code for an options scanner that can implement P/C ratio or sizzle? I wanted to use a scan like this to confirm options plays that I was thinking of doing. This could save a lot of time from going into options statistics if I'm looking through a lot of stocks. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
The ToS Options Hacker Module doesn't allow the using of custom studies to scan against options related data. The Options Scanner cannot be customized, it utilizes pre-defined filters.

E3DVssl.png

Here is an example of the 'native filters' available in the Options Hacker Scanner which are limited to the use of minimum / maximum
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/stock-price-trades-higher-than-the-option-chain.10865/#post-95715
Vizphwr.png

@cooldyood @huab @joetimismith @huab
@Ogaili @varsity125lb @us3r001 @Shooters_Gotta_Shoot @Infb11
@cloudspotter @jackroot @grapetux
@Optionsguy @vivekshahi @BobCrandall...
@vicsurf You are most likely struggling because your request is somewhat beyond the scope of the capabilities of Thinkscript... What you might be able to extrapolate visually from calculations and the Option Chain can't be readily coded...

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Does anyone know how to build a scanner for big option trades? I am looking for:
1. Scan by premium: any trade's premium more than 5 million
2. Scan by volume: any trade's volume more than 10000

Any advices are welcome! Please help!

Hello

I am trying to avoid duplicate stock symbol in the option hacker scanner search result. For example: I only want to see one Option Search result for a particular stock. Now I see a bunch from one stock itself. Is there a custom script to avoid this in the Scanner?

For example: I want to avoid this and only show one Single option search result from .AAL
image.png

there is no custom script I can use to today show only 1 result from a underlying symbol?
How do you group it ?

@desiben As I stated, it cannot be done... Reread my previous post... There is no limit capability...

However, if you only want it for one symbol, you could set the Show to 1 and then use GetUnderlying() == "AAL" as a Study Filter... That would only show one option for AAL and only AAL...

Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to scan only for monthly expiration options? If I dont want any weeklies and just the OPEX expirations only, like 8/20/21, 9/17/21 etc. Also, is it possible to scan for options bought above ask? I know this might not be possible, but Im just confirming. Thanks!

Hello! Does anyone know if it is possible to scan only for monthly expiration options? If I dont want any weeklies and just the OPEX expirations only, like 8/20/21, 9/17/21 etc. Also, is it possible to scan for options bought above ask? I know this might not be possible, but Im just confirming. Thanks!

There is no way to scan for options bought above ask as we cannot extrapolate that data via Thinscript...

in my Option Hacker I have the following :

Option > Volume: min 5,000
Study > Unusual Volume - current volume increased at least 20% from typical avg over 50 periods
Study > Custom - volume > open interest

in my Option Hacker I have the following :

Option > Volume: min 5,000
Study > Unusual Volume - current volume increased at least 20% from typical avg over 50 periods
Study > Custom - volume > open interest
And as stated, ToS does not allow for the use of custom studies in the Option Hacker. Do you have an additional question?

Last edited:
Hi!

Is it possible to create a watchlist that will automatically screen and shortlist potential trades for vertical spreads?

Eg. Trades with following parameters:

252 IVP > 50%
RSI > 70 or < 30
DTE >20, <60
*Range of Bid/Ask Strike prices (delta 20 - 10) with ROC > 3% for vertical spreads

*eg. 21 Jan 2022 AAPL
Sell 160 put ($1.16)
Buy 155 Put ($0.73)
= 9.8% ROC

Is it too much to ask for the script to screen options chain?

Hi!

Is it possible to create a watchlist that will automatically screen and shortlist potential trades for vertical spreads?

Eg. Trades with following parameters:

252 IVP > 50%
RSI > 70 or < 30
DTE >20, <60
*Range of Bid/Ask Strike prices (delta 20 - 10) with ROC > 3% for vertical spreads

*eg. 21 Jan 2022 AAPL
Sell 160 put ($1.16)
Buy 155 Put ($0.73)
= 9.8% ROC

Is it too much to ask for the script to screen options chain?
Wouldn’t that be cool!!!!!

I know right.. haha. I know the option hacker on TOS can screen and shortlist with some of these parameter.. but i thought it will be great if it can factor in some technical indicators as well.
I wonder if you took the list it gives you from option hacker (I haven’t used this feature, so I need to check that out); then create a watchlist for that so you don’t have to redo the scan. Then use your watchlist to add some chart features, like ema cross etc. hmmm. Are you able to give me a screen shot of the parameters you used on the hacker and I will work on some studies. Other than RSI what other study?