Momentum Keltner Channels for ThinkorSwim

@Pensar is it possible to make this script available via Tradingview?

@rad14733 what time frame have you been having success with this on? also any recommendations what other indicator may be useful with this?
@PhinsUp

Have you found this script on TradingView or anything similar? I am trying to convert this to Pinescript, but I am new to programming, so its definitely taking some brain power. If you found anything, let me know. Thanks!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Can anyone make a strategy to backtest this? I tried to do so, but i cant seem to get it right.

I dont really have much, I was trying to use the built in Momentum Strategy in TOS but im lost lol

Hey @Pensar, is there anyway you can edit the code and take out the actual keltner channels and leave the alerts? I find the alerts are more than accurate, they are almost precise. They work best for Orbs but anyways, I am a technical trader and the channels get in my way sometimes. Any help would be appreciated!

And while we're at it, if you can edit the code to remove the keltner channels, can you make an alert like a ring sound when an arrow pops up? TIA. I am actually starting my first coding class in a week. What you guys do has inspired me to learn. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Pensar,

Can you please provide sharable links for the watchlist and scanner? I tried to make them, but I've been unsuccessful. A fellow member suggested a link to view, and I will, but its difficult when working 12 hour days. I appreciate if you could help me out. When I do trade, typically pre market, I use your terrific study together with some indicators I frankensteined together. Your study works great.

Also, If any generous member has these, and can share them with me that'd be great too. Thanks!

@CT88 I am in awe that you are working such long hours and trade. Wow.
You REALLY should read through the whole thread especially if you are not familiar w/ the FW_MOBO code that is a basis for this study.
And even if all you want is the actual code for the watchlist and scan, it is faster for you to search this forum than writing a request for someone else to do it for you.
The scanner and watchlist that you requested are in post#5, they use an offset which you might want to modify or look at the previous messages for other options.

Last edited:
Where do you enter trade using this indicator? Do you wait to cross the low of the first bar breaking the channel? or do you enter on channel boundaries?

@MerryDay I was asking for a shareable link for a grid, not for the code. I understand the study. I read the entire thread. I'm not a coder. You could have shared the links for the two items I requested faster than it took you to type out your post. I don't know how to create columns on watchlists nor code scans. If I did and had the time to learn how soon, I wouldn't have asked for help.

Again, I'd appreciate anyone willing to share the watchlist and scan grids for the study. Thanks!

@CT88 Watch the second half of the video below. It walks you through the process of adding a custom watchlist column.

Thanks @BenTen, but that wasn't what I was asking for. Although, I do appreciate the link to the video, and I will watch it. Still seeking anybody willing to share, if not that's alright. Thanks!

@CT88 Why do you want a shared link to the watchlist column when you already have the code and can import it outright?

Thanks @BenTen, but that wasn't what I was asking for. Although, I do appreciate the link to the video, and I will watch it. Still seeking anybody willing to share, if not that's alright. Thanks!

Folks are trying to nudge you towards learning... 💡 We shouldn't be expected to do your coding for you forever... We have our own coding to do... Don't take offense at the concept that we are more willing to help those willing to help themselves...

@Pensar I'm running out of custom watchlist variables on TOS. Could you make a share link of this script so I can download the watchlist column directly?! tks

@CT88 Why do you want a shared link to the watchlist column when you already have the code and can import it outright?
I have the same problem since I'm running out of the custom watchlist variables. Could you provide the solution?

@cswu1211 What you're trying to scan for doesn't match with what you have on your chart. You need to load the custom momentum keltner channel that you're using and then set up the scanner for it.