Free Warrior Trading Momentum Scanner for ThinkorSwim

I came across this video on YouTube yesterday and I tested the scanner this morning while day trading.

The creator claims that it produces similar real-time results as Ross Cameron's Warrior Trading Momentum Scanner with the exception that it's totally free!

I tried it this morning and it works great!

There's two additions I would recommend:

• 5% change minimum
  • 9 EMA greater than 20 EMA

Without these additions you will get 20 - 50+ results everytime you scan, and most of the results will be useless stocks on a downtrend.

The key to this scanner and any momentum scanner is to find the stocks that are making the biggest moves in an uptrend. These are the stocks that a majority of day traders will be trading. That inevitably creates a herd mentality that pushes prices higher.

My approach:
I sort my results by % change, and I scan every minute on the minute and look to take a trade that meets my criteria by the :50 second mark, at which point I input my order on a 1-minute candle.

I hope this helps you as much as it's helped me. Good luck.

rad14733

VIP
How do you Signal the 9 ema to be greater then the 20 ema

@jtrain252 I understand that you are new but you need to do your own independent research rather than simply asking for others to do your work for you... I'm being generous and giving this one to you... ExpAverage() is a Function... Make a Bookmark/Favorite of the Thinkscript Learning Center and make use of it... There's a lot to be learned there...

GuCA7jd.png

Which produces the code:

Ruby:
ExpAverage("data" = CLOSE, "length" = 9) crosses above ExpAverage("data" = CLOSE, "length" = 20)

You could just as easily select "greater than" instead of "crosses above"...

jtrain252

@jtrain252 I understand that you are new but you need to do your own independent research rather than simply asking for others to do your work for you... I'm being generous and giving this one to you... ExpAverage() is a Function... Make a Bookmark/Favorite of the Thinkscript Learning Center and make use of it... There's a lot to be learned there...

GuCA7jd.png

Which produces the code:

Ruby:
ExpAverage("data" = CLOSE, "length" = 9) crosses above ExpAverage("data" = CLOSE, "length" = 20)

i appreciate the help i will go over to the learning center. Thank you

jtrain252

GuCA7jd.png

Which produces the code:

Ruby:

if i could, When he is saying to add 5% change is he referring to changing the price_change to 5% instead of 10

cabe1332

Thank you @GetRichOrDieTrying for the video and sharing. I am not really a Warrior Ross C. fan, where I've heard from a friend that he broadcast his day trading via Youtube and if you're not one of his premium members you get a delayed (3-5 mins) broadcast meaning he can exit earlier from the trade and if you're following him on same trade you might be left bagging or flushed. Lately, I have been intrigued with momentum trading.

Thank you again for sharing the scanner, I will give it a try tomorrow and add it to my collections of watchlist scanners. :)

@cabe1332

cabe1332

Reporting back. I have found my momo watchlist (screenshots watchlist and scanner below) provides me with better results. It scans momentum equities, similar to the Warrior, but with custom columns of current and cumulative day's momentum along with stage, trend, and ema stacked indicator. I can sort by current momo to see what stocks are breaking out/down, moving-up/price action or downtrend/selling-off, quick condition of the equity, and helps with choosing the stocks to trade base on momentum. Good for scalping and short-term trading. Hope that helps. Thanks, sharing. Good Luck! @cabe1332

80vCMQV.png

M75Daqn.png

zpJWocB.png

Last edited:

Gymini

Reporting back. I have found my momo watchlist (screenshots watchlist and scanner below) provides me with better results. It scans momentum equities, similar to the Warrior, but with custom columns of current and cumulative day's momentum along with stage, trend, and ema stacked indicator. I can sort by current momo to see what stocks are breaking out/down, moving-up/price action or downtrend/selling-off, quick condition of the equity, and helps with choosing the stocks to trade base on momentum. Good for scalping and short-term trading. Hope that helps. Thanks, sharing. Good Luck! @cabe1332

80vCMQV.png

M75Daqn.png

zpJWocB.png
...mind sharing your scanner and watchlist? or could we just copy the pic and it will work?

BannonMan85

VIP

80vCMQV.png

M75Daqn.png

zpJWocB.png
I would definitely be interested in the columns you are using

cabe1332

To which column. I have multiples on my watchlist that all custom. For the last MOMO's column (last two) I use min and day respectively. I attached a screenshot from yesterday after the Fed report. The eighth (min) column is the current momo and the ninth column is the day. I have the green background to lit up if it's on min momentum with calculated/script value as white. When orange background lit if the momentum/breakout is about to fire. This setup is much more effective to choose on the moving stock to scalp or buy for a short/swing stock. It helps a lot with my strategy and makes trading fun (profiting) playing a winning stock or see a huge opportunity upside. I played CHPT, FCEL, and PLUG, which all red momo, but saw the opportunity yesterday. I did great on my ratio. I've also attached a recent screenshot for today's moving stock scan, which I have like $1-50 with 2Mil+ volume. I've also attached my daily chart that shows the current candle with a bubble with the price (like Time/Sales) and MoMo indicator.

The scripts and codes are ALL available on this site. This community is awesome. You need to put in some time to search and learn to code, apply and test, enjoy and have fun once you have a comfortable and profitable strategy. I started trading last August 2020, ran into this site via google, committed to learn and make/create my workspace. I take pride in what I have put together, but this is the workspace that works for me. I written more what the answer you need. Have a good day and Good luck! @cabe1332

wutLzNW.png

mctNS23.png

S12RDtU.png

mark2

VIP
@cabe1332 Thanks for sharing the details. I just had a quick question about the script you use for alerting the yellow highlight on MOMO breakout on the 1 minute? Is there any script link for this as I could not find despite spending the better half of the weekend on this. Also which script link are you using for the VZO as the ones i found dont have the yellow circles showing on yours. Thank You in advance for the help.