Is ThinkorSwim down? I can't login: Update Error Build

KarlWolff

Is ThinkorSwim currently down for anyone? What are the current problems and status with their server? I can't login to TOS at the moment.

Solution
ThinkorSwim is currently down. Most likely due to the undergoing weekend maintenance and update. Please wait and try again tomorrow.

WToQMY5.png
I am still unable to connect but was finally able to figure out how to place a Sell order on an Option I held over the weekend... Unfortunately, the price has dropped almost $0.40 from where I wanted to exit...!!! :mad:

Just a heads up, TD Ameritrade seems to have fixed the issue. The desktop platform is now loading and connecting properly.

Edit: Experiencing occasional snags in the live data connection.
far from fixed... charts won't load, watchlists partially but take forever. I'm located in Phoenix.

Whew...!!! Got out of one trade at a $101.00 profit, running blindly, using the web app... (y)

I've been able to login for Paper Trading but still unable to login for Live Trading... :( I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall, after cleaning things up a bit, to see if that helped - to no avail... :cautious:

I still have three more positions to monitor... Word to the wise... NEVER let company come over and distract you before you get your stoploss orders in place...!!! I've been sweating bullets since last Thursday when the market plummeted, turning profitable trades into losers that would be too costly to close...

I have been using TOS LIVE
for over 10 years. They do have occasional problems like this but someone wrote that TOS maybe be charging a premium to use this platform after the merge?. I won't pay for it. Sorry TOS..

@graf Where did you hear that? I don't think they are going to charge a premium. They require that all customers deposit money into their TD brokerage account and start trading; otherwise, their ThinkorSwim account will be locked. That was as far as I can remember.

@graf Where did you hear that? I don't think they are going to charge a premium. They require that all customers deposit money into their TD brokerage account and start trading; otherwise, their ThinkorSwim account will be locked. That was as far as I can remember.
turn to previous page 1 and the last remark at the bottom

I ALREADY pay a premium to trade futures on TOS with higher commissions. I've already migrated most of my TOS indicators to TS and will move accounts over with this kind of Schwab "service." You can't properly auto trade and backtest with TS, but their data and fills are solid if you push the button.

Mine was not down per say. Could log in alright, just took a bit to load the stocks on charts when I switched between them via watchlist. Was fine in the morning before I logged out to run some errands. This thread makes me glad it was not just on my end that the problem existed.

I've changed brokers when it crashed last time but I miss it:( the platform is the best of the best IMO. Just wish it was a bit more reliable. I heard a idea of Schwab adding a monthly fee to make a premium service and leaving SSE their free platform. If that makes it more stable, you'll have me in.
Tuesday AM, Looks like a repeat of Monday, having trouble logging in

Sigh... I got in and almost made a trade. Now looking at the TOS circle of death.
I also changed brokers and had left the TOS platform and came back. The grass is not always greener. Besides which I really appreciate the community.

How odd that tos doesnt acknowledge this is becoming a reputational issue for them - which should open the floodgates of throwing money at the problem. Unless, they couldnt give a hoot, lets see if anyone senior 'retires' now.

Crashed right at 9:30 am just like yesterday. My other platforms/brokers are running fine. Just without my pretty charts/scans. Sorry for the folks that do not have an alternative broker. Trading blind is difficult.

Mine say, "installing updates", but nothing is happening! It also says, "Can't connect to Internet", even though I am connected and able to log into my other brokers platform.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.