Elliot Wave Indicator for ThinkorSwim

DPM

VIP
Hi guys. Been banging my head against the wall trying to find an indicator that applies Elliot waves on a 5,10,15 min time frame. Maybe it doesn't exist. But if it does, let me know. Thanks

tomsk

VIP
@DPM To the best of my knowledge don't think there exists a true TOS study that counts Elliott Waves. Even the folks at Elliott Wave International have two different interpretations of counts whenever they publish a forecast - a preferred count and and alternate count. I have been a subscriber to EWI publications for several years now

DPM

VIP
@tomsk thanks for the reply. It might be doable. I've been toying around with TOS's ZIG ZAG High Low indicator and plugging fib #'s into the percentage reversal tab. Not sure if I'm onto something or not. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks

tomsk

VIP
@DPM You are absolutely right - the closest thing that comes to waves is indeed the ZigZag High Low indicator available as a standard TOS study. however it is not Elliott Waves though. You may also like to look at a study I posted called Zag Zag High Low Stats and turn on some of the bubbles via the user interface input selector

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/zigzag-high-low-stats.1073/

Last edited:

tomsk

VIP
Read post#2.

As a heads up for those interested Elliott Wave International will be having an open house this coming week, their forecasts for indices, metals, forex, commodities, bonds will be available to check out. All absolutely free just for this coming week.

Nick_S

Thank you Tomsk. Do you if they will be providing an ToS ElliotWave plot strategies?

btw, i saw above you mentioned that you dont think it exits. I thought you meant that for shorter timeframes. Did you mean it doesnt exist for Daily too? Thanks agian

tomsk

VIP
Nope - they just provide a forecast of the underlying wave structure - which almost requires the reader to be already familiar with the two modalities of motive waves and corrective waves. Their forecast covers daily, weekly, monthly, and even down to intraday 15 minutes. I've been a subscriber for years. All the best

mikeyhu70

2019 Donor
VIP
I have it but EW has many possibilities and using indicators does not do justice. That indicators is on the dust collection for years

SugarTrader

VIP
Hello,
I would like to quickly draw diverse Elliott wave points on chart i.e. just manually the A,B,C,1,2,3 points when analyzing the chart.
Is there a draw function in TOS? I can't find any. Thanks