Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

@Christopher84 Hello, there I've been reviewing many of your scripts, very brilliant work. On your MTF upper cloud script, what code would be needed to plot arrows on timeframe crossovers? For instance when the 3M 10 EMA crosses down below the 10M 10 EMA a red down arrow would be plotted above the candle the cross occurred on. Vice-Versa for a bullish cross.

Can you please share EMAD and volume indicator showing in the picture?
The EMAD in Is on page 1 near the bottom - if you load it on mobile you will need to adjust the color settings… for some reason the colors are different when added to the mobile chart… Search “Horserider volume” if you add to mobile change the sell volume from the histogram bars to a solid line for some reason in mobile they’re all green if left alone…. I would post a share link but not around my computer… will do when I get a chance though.

Hi Everyone!
I'm still making good use of the Bull_Bear_Candles in tandem with TS_v9 strategy on the 5 min charts. This setup has continued to show a great deal of strength in its performance https://tos.mx/HDOxlxB. I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!
KteN2ew.png

Hi Everyone!
I'm still making good use of the Bull_Bear_Candles in tandem with TS_v9 strategy on the 5 min charts. This setup has continued to show a great deal of strength in its performance https://tos.mx/HDOxlxB. I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!
KteN2ew.png
Nice! Loaded this setup on my computer it looked really good… really like the Bull Bear indicator… only one problem… I’m forced to use mobile 99% of the time to trade these days so I plan to change the painting strategy to arrows… which I believe is possible.

@Christopher84 I noticed your Bull Bear Candles v5 the Timeframe is Day and not 5M, I'm sure that is by design. Can you clarify why it's on day and not the 5M?Have a great holiday!
Hi @B-Ride,
The Day timeframe setting is for the volume only. The settings for the averages are 5 min and 10 min. I like the day timeframe for the volume aspect of this indicator due to it giving a more consistent read on the price action (bullish or bearish conditions). I hope this helps!

@Christopher84 , How do you weed out situations like shown on chart. This is 10/26/2022 Netflix on the 5min using bull/bear in tandem with Ts_V9. The first green arrow is reversal mod. The Blue arrows are Ts_V9 up/down.

07iIRqv.jpg

@Christopher84 , How do you weed out situations like shown on chart. This is 10/26/2022 Netflix on the 5min using bull/bear in tandem with Ts_V9. The first green arrow is reversal mod. The Blue arrows are Ts_V9 up/down.

07iIRqv.jpg
Hi @METAL,
The settings I use are geared for the /es. It looks like the TS_v9 settings could be tweaked a bit for better performance on Netflix. Are you using the hour chart like I do with the /es? That definitely helps weed out the head fakes on the lower timeframes. Lastly, did you notice that the candles never closed below the go short line? The C3_MF_Line also remained green and underneath the price action (same for the averages). Definitely no reason to take a short position on this chart. Try to modify the settings to get better performance. The labels in the original script can help you zero in on where that should be. Hope this helps!

Hi @METAL,
The settings I use are geared for the /es. It looks like the TS_v9 settings could be tweaked a bit for better performance on Netflix. Are you using the hour chart like I do with the /es? That definitely helps weed out the head fakes on the lower timeframes. Lastly, did you notice that the candles never closed below the go short line? The C3_MF_Line also remained green and underneath the price action (same for the averages). Definitely no reason to take a short position on this chart. Try to modify the settings to get better performance. The labels in the original script can help you zero in on where that should be. Hope this helps!
You are correct. I forgot to change the multiplier to 1 for stocks. I typically use a 15 min chart as my higher timeframe. I will need to test the 1 hour timeframe and see how it works for scalping. Seems like it may be a little too far out but I am not sure.
Do you wait until the candle closes above or below the go long/go short lines? or do you get in as soon as they cross? I will go and re-read the original post. Also, For the Bull_Bear_Candles, Should I change the agperiod to 3min if I am using it on a 3 min chart? I have know set the TS to match the 3min timeframe settings per your post on pg1.
Thanks for all you do to help. You are truly a good and patient individual.

Last edited:
You are correct. I forgot to change the multiplier to 1 for stocks. I typically use a 15 min chart as my higher timeframe. I will need to test the 1 hour timeframe and see how it works for scalping. Seems like it may be a little too far out but I am not sure.
Do you wait until the candle closes above or below the go long/go short lines? or do you get in as soon as they cross? I will go and re-read the original post. Also, For the Bull_Bear_Candles, Should I change the agperiod to 3min if I am using it on a 3 min chart? I have know set the TS to match the 3min timeframe settings per your post on pg1.
Thanks for all you do to help. You are truly a good and patient individual.
Metal, how do you set TS timeframe?

Metal, how do you set TS timeframe?
Timeframe is set by chart but in the TS settings, scroll down to "mult" and Chris has it set to 50. (This is to be used with ES mini). Change this setting from 50 to 1 if you are going to use TS for stocks such as AAPL.
Hope this helps.

Timeframe is set by chart but in the TS settings, scroll down to "mult" and Chris has it set to 50. (This is to be used with ES mini). Change this setting from 50 to 1 if you are going to use TS for stocks such as AAPL.
Hope this helps.
Okay. Thanks. Hope it works out for ya. I trade SPY Only.

Hi Everyone!
KteN2ew.png
Not sure why, but when I add the Bull Bear Candles to another chart it doesn't load. Am I doing something wrong?

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
485 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back