Confirmation Candles Indicator For ThinkorSwim

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Hey @Christopher84 an observation…

The following are 1 and 3min charts.

When price is trending down the on the upper and the lower line of the EMAD lower indicator is stepping up - this seems to be a dead give away that a (somewhat) significant (possibly trend changing) bounce is incoming. (Vis versa)

As noted in the image(s) below… the price is wrapping down then the bounce occurs and the zone goes horizontal however at times it is difficult to wait on a zone to confirm that it is horizontal also the EMAD is below zero etc. - my point being to some this could be used as indication to remain Short… (of course there are other indications signaling a reversal is incoming but yeah)

Could (or should) this condition be identified using a label?

Price trending down and EMAD Lower line increasing (or increased) within the last X bars = Label “Bounce Incoming!” (And the opposite of course)

Hi @GT326,
The cyan buy signal arrow appears when price crosses above the trailing stop.
Hi @Christopher84 Looks like the query does not show all stocks with cyan buy signal. For example, for today 15 min scan (extended hours disabled), on S&P500, it should show QCOM and GE but they are not showing up by this scan even though non the chart, I can see cyan arrow for last 15 min before day's close. Can you please check ?

Hi @Christopher84 Looks like the query does not show all stocks with cyan buy signal. For example, for today 15 min scan (extended hours disabled), on S&P500, it should show QCOM and GE but they are not showing up by this scan even though non the chart, I can see cyan arrow for last 15 min before day's close. Can you please check ?
Hi @GT326,
What settings are you using for TS_v9? The scan is probably utilizing different settings.

The TS_v9 Strategy continues to perform well on the 1 hour chart. Strong levels being called out. Volatility continues to ramp up.
v4jDuKW.png

eGzzv84.png
Hi Chris, Thank you so much for your continuous giving to this community. In regards t the Ts lines with profit targets, I use TOS for charts but I don't buy positions within the software. is there a way to rest those lines to 0 or enter the position I have taken with my other broker in there to simulate my profit target? currently, in my charts, they obstruct the view of the fines lines and arrows
please let me know and thank you again

@Christopher84 Do you mind explaing what the - sign is depicting in your labels? For example: Decreasing -3 or Decreasing 3. What is the difference as it seems to act the same on the candles. Same for Consensus, Increasing,. Thanks in advance.

Hi Chris, Thank you so much for your continuous giving to this community. In regards t the Ts lines with profit targets, I use TOS for charts but I don't buy positions within the software. is there a way to rest those lines to 0 or enter the position I have taken with my other broker in there to simulate my profit target? currently, in my charts, they obstruct the view of the fines lines and arrows
please let me know and thank you again
Hi @RoninTrader,
Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that given how the lines are calculated. The lines are based on applying fib coefficients to the strategies historical profitability/performance.

@Christopher84 Do you mind explaing what the - sign is depicting in your labels? For example: Decreasing -3 or Decreasing 3. What is the difference as it seems to act the same on the candles. Same for Consensus, Increasing,. Thanks in advance.
Hi @METAL,
When the label says increasing or decreasing, it is referring to the slope of the Consensus Line. The number is the current Consensus Line reading/value. I hope that helps!

Hi @METAL,
When the label says increasing or decreasing, it is referring to the slope of the Consensus Line. The number is the current Consensus Line reading/value. I hope that helps!
Kinda, but what does the negative or - mean in comparison to when it isn't showing up? I see:
"Increasing 7" & "Increasing -7".

Kinda, but what does the negative or - mean in comparison to when it isn't showing up? I see:
"Increasing 7" & "Increasing -7".
Hi @METAL,
It is the consensus between all of the studies in C3. If 5 studies are bullish and 10 studies are bearish, the Consensus Level would be -5. You may want to look at the Consensus Lower study on pg.1 (the label was built from it).I hope this helps.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
351 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back