Blast Off Indicator for ThinkorSwim

J

jan_angel

2019 Donor
@BenTen can you help with scanner setting? I saved the study, and set up the following parameters. I am seeing a big set of results, and even though i have set my 'bar' within 1, i am seeing the purple candle from few days before. So it is not showing purple candle on the last day. Also, if I was running this scan after EOD, how can I return results from today?

Offset = 0
Plot - hh
inputs - trig - 20

is true

within 1 bar

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@jan_angel Post a screenshot of your scan page. Which watchlist did you use it on?

T

TOSTrader

VIP
Hi @BenTen ! I'm trying to understand how to use this:

At the close of the trading day, I will have either a pink or white candle which signals that on the following day, expect a big move. However, if I wait until the closing of the current day, then I can't open a position because the market is closed. Does that make sense?

Or will this indicator allow me to see a pink candle one hour before the trading day is over, so I can make a play for the following day. Did I miss something?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@TOSTrader You should be trading it the following day. You still need to wait for the current day to close to confirm whether we get a blast off day or not.

T

TOSTrader

VIP
@TOSTrader You should be trading it the following day. You still need to wait for the current day to close to confirm whether we get a blast off day or not.
Thanks Ben. Got it figured out. Do you know how I would add a trend or price action to determine the likely movement of the blast off?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@TOSTrader There are so many out there that identify momentum and trend. You would have to take them for a spin and see which one will provide additional confirmation for your bias.

L

lex_sanity

VIP
@BenTen can you help with scanner setting? I saved the study, and set up the following parameters. I am seeing a big set of results, and even though i have set my 'bar' within 1, i am seeing the purple candle from few days before. So it is not showing purple candle on the last day. Also, if I was running this scan after EOD, how can I return results from today?

Offset = 0
Plot - hh
inputs - trig - 20

is true

within 1 bar

I'm having the same problem smh. Help please??

L

lex_sanity

VIP
@lex_sanity Please take a look at this video:

I did, and followed it exactly? I inserted the code and the chart setup works fine but I’m having issues using it for the scanner. I’m scanning the S&P 500 but it’s not filtering out anything

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@lex_sanity Based on the screenshot you uploaded above, you didn't use the correct code. The plot should be arrow not hh. Please use the original Blast off script, not the modified version.

L

lex_sanity

VIP
@lex_sanity Based on the screenshot you uploaded above, you didn't use the correct code. The plot should be arrow not hh. Please use the original Blast off script, not the modified version.
Thank you so much! I spent so much time wondering what I did wrong and it was because I picked the fancy version

B

BC1106

2019 Donor
VIP
@BenTen I watched your video and i was trying to set up the scan however mine was different when i tried to add the condition. The left side for me was blank where as yours have filters, any thoughts what im doing wrong?

Edit: nevermind i figured it out

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jezzer46

On lower time frames this highlights what I call tiny trigger bars. The small indecision bar before a move up or down. In theory the smaller the bar the less you risk if you use a risk reward based on bars height. From what I see so far in the right setup can give you really good entries even @ 5min. Awesome work @ Benten

F

fiatmoney006

VIP
When I try to add this as a scan I don't have the same screen

I'm trying to add an image, however, the place where I'm stuck is after the Add Condition screen and Edit Condition.