Blast Off Indicator for ThinkorSwim

H

HighBredCloud

@mc01439 I looked over the code again...so basically can the white candles in that code be made to either dark grey uptrend or red for down trend and then make the purple candles white? Because IF that could be done...then this is what I am looking [email protected] what do you think about the code that @mc01439 provided? Is that something you can build off from?

What is the blue arrow suppose to be for? to indicate the "blast off" purple candle?

netarchitech

netarchitech

@HighBredCloud Thanks for clarifying things...As far as I can see, I used the same SuperTrend as the one you referenced in post #12...If I'm not mistaken, the SuperTrend (both from Mobius) code paints the candles...In any event, I'll see what I can do and post the results, one way or the other... :)

To start, I'll see what effect the RSI Laguerre code has on the initial sample I generated and then take a look at @mc01439's code...

H

HighBredCloud

@HighBredCloud Thanks for clarifying things...As far as I can see, I used the same SuperTrend as the one you referenced in post #12...If I'm not mistaken, the SuperTrend (both from Mobius) code paints the candles...In any event, I'll see what I can do and post the results, one way or the other... :)

To start, I'll see what effect the RSI Laguerre code has on the initial sample I generated and then take a look at @mc01439's code...
@netarchitech Sounds good...I always appreciate your hard work. I don't know if the Laguerre RSI has any impact on the SuperTrend itself but the one provided by @mc01439 looks to have all that in place already with the NFE overbought and oversold inputs etc...Plus I even saw an extra input called TRIG with a setting of 20 (whatever that is). Only thing missing is the Grey Candles for uptrend (TOS code 797979) and the Red Candles for downtrend (TOS code FF5F5F)

Hopefully this won't be too much work...but I don't know. As of now to get the RSI SuperTrend to plot the candles more precisely is to play with the ATR MULT settings and the NATR...but I don't now how that affects the overall equation into how the actual candles are plotted. Either way I think the addition of the "blast off candles" to the RSI SuperTrend would make a great improvement all on its own.

netarchitech

netarchitech

@HighBredCloud Here are the results:

RSI Laguerre with SuperTrend

RSI Laguerre with SuperTrend and Blast Off Indicator

Final code: SuperTrend with Blast Off Indicator

Code:
# SuperTrend Blast Off
# original authors: Mobius and BenTen
# edits: netarchitech
# 10.30.2019

# Blast Off

input PaintBars = yes;
input trig = 20;

def val = absValue(close - open);
def range = high - low;
def blastOffVal = (val / range) * 100;
def trigger = trig;
def blast_candle = blastOffVal < trig;

# SuperTrend

input AtrMult = 1.0;
input nATR = 4;
input AvgType = AverageType.HULL;

def ATR = MovingAverage(AvgType, TrueRange(high, close, low), nATR);
def UP = HL2 + (AtrMult * ATR);
def DN = HL2 + (-AtrMult * ATR);
def ST = if close < ST[1] then UP else DN;
def SuperTrend = ST;

AssignPriceColor(if PaintBars and close < ST and blast_candle
                 then GetColor(9)
                 else if PaintBars and close > ST
                      then GetColor(7)
                      else GetColor(5));
As you can see, the RSI Laguerre is not necessary for this particular solution. @HighBredCloud I think this is what you were looking for, but let me know if I need to make any changes :)

H

HighBredCloud

Code:
# SuperTrend Blast Off
# 10.30.2019

# Blast Off

input PaintBars = yes;
input trig = 20;

def range = high - low;
def trigger = trig;

# SuperTrend

input AtrMult = 1.0;
input nATR = 4;

def SuperTrend = ST;

then GetColor(9)
                      then GetColor(7)
                      else GetColor(5));
As you can see, the RSI Laguerre is not necessary for this particular solution. @HighBredCloud I think this is what you were looking for, but let me know if I need to make any changes :)
WOW...gonna take a look at this right now...just looking at the pix you provided can the candles be filled in to a solid color?

Code:
# SuperTrend Blast Off
# 10.30.2019

# Blast Off

input PaintBars = yes;
input trig = 20;

def range = high - low;
def trigger = trig;

# SuperTrend

input AtrMult = 1.0;
input nATR = 4;

def SuperTrend = ST;

then GetColor(9)
                      then GetColor(7)
                      else GetColor(5));
WOW...Once again this is awesome! Thank YOU! You are the BEST! OK I will test it out now to see if everything is the same as compared to the RSI Laguerre version without the blast off candles...Just a quick look at what I've seen so far it is...so it makes me question why even implement the RSI Laguerre settings in the SuperTrend to begin with? Perhaps @BenTen can answer that.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@HighBredCloud I don't use the RSI Laguerre indicator and I don't have much knowledge on it. The only person that I can think of who often bring up RSI Laguerre is @markos. Maybe he can help.

H

HighBredCloud

@HighBredCloud I don't use the RSI Laguerre indicator and I don't have much knowledge on it. The only person that I can think of who often bring up RSI Laguerre is @markos. Maybe he can help.
Cool...perhaps @markos can shine some light about the RSI Laguerre feature in the RSI SuperTrend...

@markos I do have the questions about the ATR MULT and NATR settings on the SuperTrend indicator especially on higher timeframes of 15m+...I changed the ATR MULT from 1.0 to .4 and it seems as tho the colors of the candle sticks change faster...I don't know if that makes the SuperTrend more sensitive and if the candles will repaint more during the course of the timeframe...I guess live market will be the ultimate test...Still not too sure of what NATR is and if its worth changing the setting from 4 to whatever...

mc01439

mc01439

2019 Donor
VIP
@mc01439 I looked over the code again...so basically can the white candles in that code be made to either dark grey uptrend or red for down trend and then make the purple candles white? Because IF that could be done...then this is what I am looking [email protected] what do you think about the code that @mc01439 provided? Is that something you can build off from?

What is the blue arrow suppose to be for? to indicate the "blast off" purple candle?
@HighBredCloud - You can change the colors to anything you like. Yes to the blue arrows.

H

HighBredCloud

@netarchitech I was able to test out the Blast Off SuperTrend today...It works good. Thanks Again. For anyone interested I changed the settings on the ATR MULT from 1.0 to .4 when using on 15m+ timeframe and to .7 on 5m timeframe to get the candles to paint in a very similar version to Heikin Ashi candles for the given timeframes.

All in all...the addition of the Blast OFF Candles to the SuperTrend I think made the indicator much better two in one solution.

netarchitech

netarchitech

@HighBredCloud I enjoyed collaborating with you once again. Glad to hear it is working well :)

Thanks for the optimized parameters. I'll make sure to take a look...

Good Luck and Good Trading :)

S

soary

@john3 Thanks for the info. I’ll modify the code and post it here later today :)
Hi Ben I'm looking for the update you made to this with the box around the candles as as suggested, can you post the web link, not the tos link bec I can't seem to figure out how to access that. Thanks thanks

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@soary which update? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

S

soary

@soary which update? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.
On the 1st page of this thread John 3 wrote:
Sep 15, 2019
I don't know who originally created this indicator, but if I am not mistaken it has been frequently mentioned by Linda Raschke and Larry Connors. It might be in their famous Street Smarts book, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe it is meant to be used on a Daily chart. That said, on an intraday chart, it does a great job at highlighting spinning top/doji-like candles.

I think it would be useful to have an option to plot a box around those candles (high/low). The breakout in either way seems tradeable as either a trend continuation or a reversal.
You responded
Sep 15, 2019
@john3 Thanks for the info. I’ll modify the code and post it here later today

Then later you responded,
Sep 18, 2019
This indicator was shared with our Warehouse members last week. It's now available for everyone to use.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I clicked on there but didn’t see how to get to the update. Thanks in advance

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@soary John wanted to add lines on the high and low of the candle, which I did. The new code was added within the same day. It's located in the original thread, under Fancy version.

T

Thomas

@soary John wanted to add lines on the high and low of the candle, which I did. The new code was added within the same day. It's located in the original thread, under Fancy version.
This blast off indicator needs adjusting to search for a morning star pattern set up in a trending stock. I use a 34ema for trend, fib number, intermediate number, but once Morningstar touches trend, that is entry.......https://youtu.be/zSK9Vmw0MrY. I will try this indicator, I find most unhelpful, I haven't tested any, but my set up, when used with a NASI flashing a buy signal, is a greenlight to load up. As Stockbee mentioned, the only way to make your account move is with size and the only way to manufacture conviction, is set up.

T

Thomas

Blastoff, along with price action can help you buy before stocks begin to rise.....MUX